Already did demo/verbal but asked to come in and interview again??????

First and foremost, kudos to the person who wrote the "detailed description of my demo interview" thread. I wouldn't have gotten through mines without it. I actually printed it and took all of your advice! I also made sure not to double dip : ). This whole
process has been surreal. I harassed them and gave the counter my resume like a thousand times. The last time I gave them my resume was in like February/March. I also handed them the wrong copy by accident. It didn't have my number on it. Only my e-mail. They still contacted me even though it's like July. When I saw the e-mail I was extremely excited. So I did some research on the hiring process and came across this site as well as that post. So when they scheduled my interview, I asked if I should bring my own model and brushed for the demo. The regional manager called me "diligent". She probably thought I didn't know you had to do a demo, or about the process. So she said sure since I had one on stand by anyway. So I looked prepared and I also was relieved because I prefered to do them both at the same time to get it out the way and so that they could tell me whether or not I got the job. Fast forward to the day of the interview/demo, I ended up being an hour late. I DID call and leave message saying that I would be running late because I couldn't get out of school in time (another forumanother forumanother forum). The manager said she didn't receive the message, so I'm thinking great I'm toast. So they all went in the back room and closed the door and the managers told one of the retail artist whom was very sweet and helpful to set me up. So she picked out some colors and they told me to do whatever look I wanted. I'm like either this is the way they do it, they don't care, or I'm really lucky. They didn't even watch me or give me a time limit. I'm like I so screwed up but I still talked to my model and did everything thoroughly like if someone was watching. I also thought they were going to do the verbal first but I guess if you can't apply make-up, it doesn't make sense to do a verbal. So, my model who is my cousin and is absolutely beautiful with green eyes, thank god for her. She didn't need any foundation but since they gave me everything I used it anyway. I just focused on her eyeshadow. My cousin overheard the retail artist when she went in the room all the managers were in tell them that she looks beautiful. So I'm soooo relieved that my make-up looks decent lol. So all three
of them come out and asks what I did and I explained everything but they were like speak up hear at MAC we are loud (which I knew). So be advised. I forgot the lip liner and the retail artist did give me some but I didn't see it. So when they asked about the lip liner I was like I usually don't use lip liner and the artist didn't give me any. So of course, I'm cleaning up and there it is. Blind as a bat lol. So I thought it was over. So they had me wait again. Then I did my verbal and totally redeemed myself. They seemed shocked. I knew all the answers and exuded my passion for the brand. So somewhere in my interview, they were like if we don't call you right away that's because we are staffing for the region. I'm like I didn't get it BUT she called me like a couple of days later in the late evening and asked me if I can come in to meet with someone else at the corporate office for another interview this Thursday. So what does this mean? I already did my verbal with two counter managers as well as the regional manager so it's like who else do I have to meet? Is it going to be harder like extreme MAC trivia? Has anyone else been through this? Most second interviews means you got the job. Do you think I got it? What do you think I should do to be prepared? Another demo? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
Paragraph breaks are your friend. (I'll change this later)

I know but my formatting wasn't working!

Me <3​

amoona

I had to do a verbal and a demo to become a freelancer and then two verbals and another demo when i was switching over to a perm position.

Also, just a tip, things like saying "I don't use lip liner" is something you want to avoid. MAC wants you to use three lip products at all time - so one yourself as well as your customers. And foundation is something you want to use on all your customers as well if you're doing a make-over. Just some tips to remember ;-)

MisStarrlight

They probably found a possible placement for you & you are going to interview w/ that specific manager (or they need help finding a place for you so they want you to interview w/ someone higher up who knows more stores).

I know people who have had like 4 interviews before they have/haven't gotten a position.

Latest posts