Fun brainstorming session

Janice

I'm working on a project and would like a few different points of view. Since it pertains to women I thought I brainstorm with you all.

The subject is your average real woman, not a diva, doesn't drop $3k for a purse or a grand for shoes or spend hundreds at a time on makeup
winks.gif
. She's anywhere from her 20's to 50's, has a family that's very important to her and is the central focus of her life.

1. what describes (one or two short words) this type of woman?
and 2. what emotion does it provoke?

Appreciate whatever you can throw at me.
greengrin.gif
/ducks the rotten tomato

AmberLilith

Average, homely, priorities right, "nice"
Someone who isn't selfish?

Emotions evoked: positive ones mainly -the description suggest someone motherly and family-oriented who would be a good freiend too, so it's positive emotions such as respect, mutual regard; love/care and feeling loved and cared for. Also, understanding, compassion, empathy?

Babylard

i think women these days are workaholics. invested in a future to support themselves and their family. women no longer have to rely on their husbands to put food on the table (this can still be true) society is different! *burns bra*

when i think of the modern woman, i think of female empowerment. females at work, female students, and female mothers who Choose to be a stay home mom. i don't expect women to be stay-home moms... i don't think of women as "homely" at all.

the average real woman doesn't have to be a mom. she chooses what she wants to do in life. she can go to work and make an income for herself. she can raise a family if she wants or choose to be single and care for her mom, dad, and siblings.

im heading into my 20's, studying, wanting to make a career for myself, and wanting to support my family. do i want to get married? yes. do i want kids? maybe. do i want to be a stay home mom? never. my point is, i kicked that stereotype of stay-home moms out the door. woman don't have to be married and there certainly is no need for pitying single woman. from the old old films i've watched, history books in high school, short stories, etc.. there was always this kind of female role going on. its not true anymore.

the modern real woman has choice.

that is my take
smiles.gif

AmberLilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i don't think of women as "homely" at all.
....i kicked that stereotype of stay-home moms out the door.

I don't disagree with you Babylard....

was simply responding to this bit:

Quote:
...has a family that's very important to her and is the central focus of her life.

If I was talking about women in general, i certainly wouldn't be including two point four children, or any other stereotypes...

Not totally sure from the original post what the OP wanted, it was kinda vague -seemed specifically talking about family-oriented women to me...

Thinking about simply Quote:
average, real women

Then i'd have to say the words that come to mind are things like:
potential, passionate..
It's hard to sum up 'average 20s-50s' without just using words like average, ordinary, anything-and-everything.

Maybe some clarification please Janice??

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLilith
Maybe some clarification please Janice??

Sure! I'm brainstorming for a domain name, adjectives that you all have been using to describe my "subject" are helping make sure I'm not being too narrow in my thought of "woman" and what's appealing to her. I'm trying to come up with a domain name that is appealing and relatable to a target audience comprised of "the average woman".

athena123

Real Woman.

Provokes thought and discussion about what a real woman is. Those of us middle class women on a budget and with families to support are never gonna drop $5000 on a freakin' purse. We WILL drop $5000 towards a down payment on a car. I love looking through fashion magazines but get a little irritated sometimes that the advertisers really think I'm gonna pay $500 for a cheapass looking polyester blouse with ruffles on it just because it's designed by Michael Kors.

Beauty Mark

1) Practical, family-oriented.

2) With given how this woman is described, I'd say she's very practical. Because no career/occupation is mentioned, I'd say that she isn't career-oriented.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what entails being a "real" woman.