My First Real Makeover... Feedback Please?

MACboi105

Okay, so I have been working at MAC since Christmas. I came on as Holiday Help, with no prior makeup experience until then. This is my first real makeup job, without someone standing by giving me advice, etc...

I was hoping for feedback!

Eyes
Crystal Avalanche-Eye Shaddow
Crannberry-Eye Shaddow
Charred-Eye Shaddow
Lashes-( I forgot what number, but this is the first time I ever attempted them)
Zoom Lash Mascara
Cover Girl Eye Pencil

Face-
Studio Fix Fluid NC 25
Mineralize Skin Finish Medium Light
Sunbasque Blush

Lips-Crannberry Lip Liner
Bombshell Lipstick

katelyprom.jpg

katelynprom2.jpg

katelynprom4.jpg

katelynprom5.jpg

Thanks for your time, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will take anything!

Also Crystal Avalanche is no my absolute favorite eye shadow, people think I'm crazy... But I love using it as a brow highlight, and shadowing, and lightening certain colours...!

bartp

the colors definitely suit you. I'm just not sure about the eyeliner... the colors are faded so softly, and then the eyeliner looks quite harsh.
Maybe you can experiments with lining powder eyeshadow under the eye and on the eyelid to make the look a bit softer.

(and keep on using crystal avalanche :)...i agree, it's a wonderfully versatile eyeshadow)

MACboi105

What can I do to help improve with the eyeliner? I had put just a little one, but is my brothers girlfriend and she loves eye liner. So she went into the bathroom, and just put it on over it? Although my eyeliner in general is just decent, I am looking to improve it?

tendresse

I agree that the eyeliner is a bit harsh, but that can't be helped if she prefers it that way, while I like my MA to give me advice I don't want them being over bearing and taking the liner out of my hand if I prefer something a certain way
smiles.gif

I do have other comments though, while these colors are quite pretty on her, I would actually say the blending is a bit muddy, sometimes it helps me if I'm using three or more colors on the lid to use a smallish soft brush rather than a normal blend brush, so I'm not sweeping over the whole lid but actually only focusing the blending on the lines to soften the transition between colors rather then over blend them, I have the hardest time with that.

The other thing I noticed was the shadow seems to have a harsh transition from eyeshadow to skin, if this was your intention please forgive me
smiles.gif
, personally I prefer to see the color soften towards the inner corner, but to definitely come all the way into the inner corner of the lid, atleast to where the lashes end/start.

I hope that was helpful

Obreathemykiss

First, let me say I think you did a really nice job. Probably better than I do on myself!

I think tendresse is right about the transition of the color on the inner/outers of her eyes. The angle doesn't seem quite straight on the outer eye and I would have added some more color in the inner. I think you did a very nice job, though.

I love her lips and the blush on her cheeks!

I love liner, I don't think it looks very harsh. I might have done it on the waterline, but eyeliner on the waterline is like the air I breathe...totally my staple.

Thank you for sharing
smiles.gif

lafemmenoir

I think you did great. You will improve as you go along, don't get too worried about perfection. She looks great!

glassy girl

Good job girl 4 ur first real make over u did awsome. The good news is u only get better and if she wants dark liner than dark liner it is u have to please the client and u did it wonderfully.

Paramnesia

Oh that looks lovely, I agree with the liner but I personally find liner is a hard thing to perfect, in time you'll find what works for you
smiles.gif

I love you're hair too, I wish my hair would look like that.