im not sure if i can talk about hair here....

but i just need some input from girls i think will be able to help me!

I really want some 'extraordinary' colors in my hair. By extraordinary i mean colors like purple, blue ect lol. I know i cant do alot of damage to my hair but does anyone know how i can go about getting just my ends colored OR just 3 highlights in my hair with the least damage?

the options i know of are

bleaching (10 developer maybe?)
clip ins
temporary

i really want to bleach b/c i dont want to have to worry about things falling out or the color melting off! thanks everyone!
winks.gif

AarisZilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonxlight40
but i just need some input from girls i think will be able to help me!

I really want some 'extraordinary' colors in my hair. By extraordinary i mean colors like purple, blue ect lol. I know i cant do alot of damage to my hair but does anyone know how i can go about getting just my ends colored OR just 3 highlights in my hair with the least damage?

the options i know of are

bleaching (10 developer maybe?)
clip ins
temporary

i really want to bleach b/c i dont want to have to worry about things falling out or the color melting off! thanks everyone!
winks.gif

It's hard to offer advice because I can't see your hair to judge. What is your ethnicity? What hair type are you (1a-4b)? What is the current state of your hair? How often do you plan to keep up the color? Are ok with poissbly cutting the ends off if they get damaged? Are you willing to bleach and then recolor your ends? I would suggest clip ins, extensions and temporary color. How old are you and what do you do? I mean if you're still in school and not working or not in a professional enviroment then I guess go for it otherwise do temp stuff. HTH!

AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarisZilton
It's hard to offer advice because I can't see your hair to judge. What is your ethnicity? What hair type are you (1a-4b)? What is the current state of your hair? How often do you plan to keep up the color? Are ok with poissbly cutting the ends off if they get damaged? Are you willing to bleach and then recolor your ends? I would suggest clip ins, extensions and temporary color. How old are you and what do you do? I mean if you're still in school and not working or not in a professional enviroment then I guess go for it otherwise do temp stuff. HTH!

AZ

Whoa i never even thought of those questions! Hm well im 16, African american and im about to be a junior in high school. I get my hair relaxed maybe every 3 months. Its layered and right above my shoulders.

Nox

I would seriously go with clip-ons or sew-ins, something synthetic. I don't think it's worth it to damage your hair for wild colors that fade so quickly anyway. And then in a year or two when you're tired of it, you have to leave it be or dye it over, but you still have those bits weakened by the peroxide in the first place.

There are some pretty cool wild colored locks out there, though I would know where to find it. Maybe somebody here will know...

stacylynne

Goto your hairdresser & ask him/her if they do extensions. You may want to put extensions with different colors or ask if they use Manic Panic.

Manic Panic is a hair dye of crazy colors.
I had my colorist add a strand of purple to my hair. I liked it. It does wash out after a while.

AarisZilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonxlight40
Whoa i never even thought of those questions! Hm well im 16, African american and im about to be a junior in high school. I get my hair relaxed maybe every 3 months. Its layered and right above my shoulders.

Ok well, my advice is do the clip ins, extensions and leave the bleach alone. Your hair is already damaged due to the relaxer (it's healthy "relaxed" hair but the relaxer has damaged your cuticles in the process of manipulating them straight) so I suggest you get clip-ins/ extensions. It's not worth overprocessing your hair again. If you didn't relax I would say try out the temp color and see if you like it but your hair isn't strong enough for bleach and another color on top. HTH!

AZ

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarisZilton
Ok well, my advice is do the clip ins, extensions and leave the bleach alone. Your hair is already damaged due to the relaxer (it's healthy "relaxed" hair but the relaxer has damaged your cuticles in the process of manipulating them straight) so I suggest you get clip-ins/ extensions. It's not worth overprocessing your hair again. If you didn't relax I would say try out the temp color and see if you like it but your hair isn't strong enough for bleach and another color on top. HTH!

AZ

Listen to this woman, she is SO on it!
thmbup.gif

Tashona Helena

Yeah umm sew it in hun. I was told this a while ago by one of my favorite hair dressers when I told her that I was in love with blonde hair. She was like just get it sewn it, it's not worth the damage to African American hair (especially when we're already perming it!). I wear clip in everyday when i don't have a sew in, so you can try making your own like I do as well. Sew the blue/pink/green whatever on top then sew the black (or your hair color) on bottom to mix it in and give highlights and volume.

Latest posts