"Violent Girl Syndrome"

SkylarV217

So I love the show BAD GIRLS CLUB. I think it is really funny how the girls get so mad about everything and I have no clue why I enjoy it so ... but i do
ssad.gif
. Well last night at somewhere about 3:00 they were on Tyra... and she was talking about a New Syndrome called Violent Girl Syndrome and how it is reaching girls/women at an alarming rate.

Now I have trouble thinking that it is soo prevalent I guess b/c I'm very mild tempered and have never been in a confrontation now I can tell you that If my DH was caught with another women I would probably go all Cheaters on his ass and beat him up one end and down the other. But I can't imagine getting mad at another women enough to "fight". So I wanna see if any of you ladies have been in a fist fight with another women ? I'm sure some of you have some interesting stories... I would love to hear those too ....
winkiss.gif

PS- I don't think Sisters count ... but i guess you can if you feel they do ...

Simply Elegant

With the exception of my sister when we were both really young (4,7) I've never fought with any girl, or guy either.

purrtykitty

Lol, "Cheaters on his ass"!!
th_LMAO.gif
I'd totally do the same if I caught DH, too...then I'd find the hussy and beat her ass, too!! But, no physical confrontations for me (excepting the sister stuff - but I don't think that counts).

M.A.C. head.

Interesting topic.

I have been in a number of fist fights with both males and females, but not in recent years.

I would probably say that I suffer(ed) from the "violent girl" syndrome, but mine was a lot more subtle. I've always been a person that's nice to everyone until they give me a reason not to be, so for a person have been beaten up by me, they must have really pushed my buttons.

I've changed a lot as a person, life is very different, but I still hold myself to a standard of defending myself, my family, and our honor. I have a lot of things to worry about now as far as fighting, I have child and a husband now, so the only real reason I would feel like I absolutely fight is if someone was threatening my family in any kind of way.

I don't really say things to people either, unless they really deserve it. If someone is being rude, even if I don't know them, I'll say something; sometimes even a few "choice" words.

I think a lot of this "violent girl" phenom is part of our new culture and society. In previous generations, boys were always the brave and adventurous, even violent ones. In all the movies, cartoons, shows, and comic books; the women were always in distress and needing be saved by a man. Even in childhood activities we saw this: In boy scouts, boys go out and get their badges for bravery and outdoors activities while the girls scouts get badges for learning how to remove certain types of stains and baking and selling brownies...

These days, we have all of these kick ass images of women. So it's way more acceptable for a girl to embrace that rampant part of herself.

GreekChick

A girl hit me once, really hard, and I hit her back. That was the only time I've ever physically fought with someone.
I wouldn't it any way ever attack someone, EVER.
But if I were to get hit again, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself.
I've had alot of experiences where I've been super nice with people, only to get walked on. I've been basically treated like a doormat, and in a way, that teaches you to toughen up.
I've stopped being nice to people who aren't that nice with me. And if they were to take it further, I wouldn't stand there and take it.

rbella

I kicked M.A.C. Head's ass once.

Totally kidding.

Never been in a fight. I'm a total wuss. When I was younger, I used to talk shizz about a girl, but only after she was out of earshot. I don't even know how to make a fist correctly.

My husband is actually a world champion in karate and he laughs is ass off whenever he sees me try to make a fist.

CantAffordMAC

I can get really angry at someone. I think i could really hurt someone if it came to that, but it'd have to be a pretty serious situation I guess
th_dunno.gif

Once like two years ago, my friend came to visit the high school we both went to. She was about 6 months pregnant, and some little freshman girl started talking shit about her for some reason. So i wasn't really worried about it but then the girl decided to go on saying she would punch my friend in the stomach, etc...........NO, YA WONT! So I said that to her and we got in eachothers face, and I hit her in the face, and she hit me in the face.

And that was all. LOL. Soooo yeah thats about it but that was then and this is now, I'm a bit more classy, I like to think
winks.gif

seonmi

Except with my sister, I've never fought physically with anyone. Only 5'1 and around 100 lbs, I'm better off using my mouth
tong.gif
But since English is not my mother tougue, I can't do it as well as I do with my first language
nonono.gif

SingFrAbsoltion

I don't fight, if there's a problem I'd rather use my head to solve it than my fists. The only way I would ever hit someone is if it was in self defense. Whenever someone talks about beating people up for stupid things (guys or girls) I get really turned off. I usually dislike those kind of people.

Brittni

I don't believe in "Violent Girl Syndrome." In my opinion, it's a complete load of BULLSHIT.

I guess I can understand as "the term syndrome refers to the association of several clinically recognizable features" however I'm very mild tempered (everyone has their days, lol) and I think it has a lot to do with how somebody is raised rather than them just being born a violent person.

Just another EXCUSE.

brittanymorgan

i got into one fight when i was in 7th grade. i was standing up for a "friend" and i got sucker punched. i tried to fight back but i cant fight and she had a good 5 inches and 20 lbs on me. i had a black eye. it wasnt too bad. oh, and that friend i was standing up for, she didnt even back me up! that is the last time i will EVER do anything like that. i learned my lesson.

POP OFF!!

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanymorgan

POP OFF!!

th_LMAO.gif
Yeah Tyra was "helping" Tanisha and she just sat there lol looking at Tyra like she was full of Crap .... It was really funny. Tyra was like Tanisha you aren't self aware. Why do you think you are the way you are ....

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
A girl hit me once, really hard, and I hit her back. That was the only time I've ever physically fought with someone.
I wouldn't it any way ever attack someone, EVER.
But if I were to get hit again, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself.
I've had alot of experiences where I've been super nice with people, only to get walked on. I've been basically treated like a doormat, and in a way, that teaches you to toughen up.
I've stopped being nice to people who aren't that nice with me. And if they were to take it further, I wouldn't stand there and take it.

Same thing happened to me...and I agree with everything else you wrote...

Beauty Mark

If someone physically lays a hand on me, I will defend myself by hitting back. I won't provoke a fight, though. That's dumb.

I haven't been in a physical fight, though

florabundance

I've never had a fight, but I talk tough like I could totally knock someone out lol
But as many have said if somebody lashed out at me i'd have no problem fighting back. That's human instinct to me

Corvs Queen

Back in my school days I got into fights on a monthly basis with boys. I even fractured my hand 3 times in fights with boys. This behavior started in Elementary school and didn't stop until I graduated High School. Also, in High School, I was in peer mediation with a girl that was supposed to be my friend but was sleeping with my boyfriend, and she jumped the table and came at me. I was on top of her in the floor punching her and ripping her hair out. When I was pulled off of her she spat at me and I picked up a chair and hit her with it. Since then I have outgrown that behavior and I feel that I was lashing out because of a deep depression I was suffering for many different reasons. Eh, you live and you learn.

EllieFerris

I've had 2 instances in my life where I got in a physical altercation.
  • 1981, I was 11 years old - I used to wear little wool coats with matching hats. This boy used to like to flick my hat off. For Christmas, my mother bought me a hat that looked just like Princess Diana's going away hat. It was snowy out and the walkway on the schoolbus was wet and very dirty. The feathers landed right in the black slush. In the flash of a second, I was out of my seat, into his, my nails were digging into his cheeks and I slammed his head against the window. Now, let me also say that this was the school bully and picked on not only me, but every kid who crossed is path. He liked to throw snow balls at girls' legs when they wore a skirt. Also, the school was built strange... main items on a middle floor kind of on a hill... then a ramp down to 6th grade and a ramp up to 7th. He, his name was Buddy, and his stupid friends liked to stand at the top of their ramps and "hock loogies" onto the 6th graders. You would literally have a back-up on the ramp until a teach would show up and make Buddy leave.
  • 1988, before my b-day, so i was only 17 - In Kindergarten, I had a best friend, we'll call her Stephanie. After kindergarten, she moved to a new neighboorhood. Then starting in first grade, she picked on me. All the way up to senior year. For 12 years, for no reason, she tortured me. She would walk behind me with her druggie friends and push me so my books would fly out of my arms. She would insult my clothes, earrings, make-up, anything she could think of. Then, in 1988 at the U2 concert at The Vet in Philadelphia, she was walking up the cement bleachers and said to my friend, Tim, "enjoy the concert if you can with that bitch around." In a split second I yelled, "that's it!" Jumped over Tim, knocked her to the ground, sat on her waist grabbed her head and got in one crack on the cement steps before her sister pulled me off. I split her skin open a little and gave her one hell of a headach, but she left me alone after that.

abbyquack

It's kind of funny these days how there is an excuse, or a new "syndrome" for behavioral problems, etc. Like have you noticed everyone is ADD these days? I can't even count how many times people have said "sorry, i have ADD" semi-jokingly after goofing up. Pretty much no one is perfect, we all make mistakes and get out of line sometimes, but that's no reason to be diagnosed with a syndrome. As far as this "Violent Girl Syndrome," - what the crap is that! In certain occasions I can have a quick temper, I have had since I was a little girl. I have over the years had to learn from my mistakes and from my anger, and learned to change my behavior to where if something makes me angry, I don't flip out like I used to. So now it's like, "oh she has violent girl syndrome so it's okay what she does"? Nah, that needs to be dealt with.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
It's kind of funny these days how there is an excuse, or a new "syndrome" for behavioral problems, etc. Like have you noticed everyone is ADD these days? I can't even count how many times people have said "sorry, i have ADD" semi-jokingly after goofing up. Pretty much no one is perfect, we all make mistakes and get out of line sometimes, but that's no reason to be diagnosed with a syndrome. As far as this "Violent Girl Syndrome," - what the crap is that! In certain occasions I can have a quick temper, I have had since I was a little girl. I have over the years had to learn from my mistakes and from my anger, and learned to change my behavior to where if something makes me angry, I don't flip out like I used to. So now it's like, "oh she has violent girl syndrome so it's okay what she does"? Nah, that needs to be dealt with.

Even if it is a true illness (I'm doubtful myself), that doesn't mean you're unaccountable or that you shouldn't get help. An illness is not an excuse to continue behaving badly; it's a means to help you figure out what's wrong with you so that you can find a good solution to fix yourself

Krasevayadancer

Nope, never been the violent type. I have a vicious temper but I never get physical.

Besides, i am too cute to be imposing and intimidating (just kidding I swear!)

Whenever I see a fight I just run in the opposite direction

Latest posts