Do you know what really shocks me?

vocaltest

I'm not gonna go into too much detail because its not my place to say, but this incident that has just happened, and has made me just go... 'what was this all for?'... but it REALLY shocks me how defensive people can become over the tiniest of matters?
And what shocks me even more is how narrow minded people can be and cannot agree to disagree on others opinions, and quite frankly it frightens me how simply quite angry and aggressive some people can get over something so small.

And guess what? Its all over the internet. As far as I'm aware (well in my life), the way people talk over the internet simply would not happen in real life. Its like the internet is some anger outlet for people.
Take for example... youtube. Now i'm probably overexaggerating, but 9 times out of 10, if you view a youtube video, there is some form of argument going on, and if there isn't, there is no comments. Thats obviously not in all cases, but it just... amazes me how people can argue or get defensive over something that really isn't important by any means.

Ughh... I don't know really want the point of this thread it, but I just wish people would relax.

p.s This isn't aimed at anybody on here at all before anyone thinks that
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

I can only guess what made you make this topic. LOL

People agree, disagree, argue, and fight all the time in real life. The world is a crazy place, let's not be fooled into thinking that craziness stops when the computer shuts down.

Nothing, in any place, shocks me anymore. If I don't like something, I just move along.

NicksWifey

I know what you mean. Some people get so defensive over the most minor, stupid things. I realize that everyone has their own emotions and what offends them, but honestly, when it's online and it gets dragged out, people just need to STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD lol.
I realize, that nobody is perfect and nobody is going to get along. There's gonna be times on this site, You Tube and other internet forums where people get their toes stepped on. No need to get an attitude about it, just make your claim and move on. If people want to keep hashing it out and keep attacking you, to hell with them. There's no reason to get upset, it's just the Internets folks
smiles.gif

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I can only guess what made you make this topic. LOL

People agree, disagree, argue, and fight all the time in real life. The world is a crazy place, let's not be fooled into thinking that craziness stops when the computer shuts down.

Nothing, in any place, shocks me anymore. If I don't like something, I just move along.

lol, what did you think?
I know nothing should really shock me nowadays, but I just don't understand the anger!

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I know what you mean. Some people get so defensive over the most minor, stupid things. I realize that everyone has their own emotions and what offends them, but honestly, when it's online and it gets dragged out, people just need to STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD lol.
I realize, that nobody is perfect and nobody is going to get along. There's gonna be times on this site, You Tube and other internet forums where people get their toes stepped on. No need to get an attitude about it, just make your claim and move on. If people want to keep hashing it out and keep attacking you, to hell with them. There's no reason to get upset, it's just the Internets folks
smiles.gif

Yeah deffo they need to step away from the keyboard! I just don't understand why people take it so far? Just confuses me... I dunno, I guess its because I don't have any aggressive people in my life that it makes me realise there are some angsty people out there who I need to stay away from! I know people disagree all the time, but when its unjustified with no motivation or cannot see from the other side i'm just like... woah. hah.

Lauren1981

i can totally understand this. a lot of things really aren't that deep at all. i know a lot of times i start topics on here and ask for ppl's thoughts/opinions and will get a few opinions that don't agree with me and i don't agree with them and that's just how these things will always go.

i think the two things to remember is that sometimes we all can say something that hits too close to home with someone else and they'll get upset even though we aren't targeting them or using them as an example. and two, unless you're SEVERELY being attacked, there's no need to get upset over tiny issues. there are like 5 million billion ppl on the internet which means there's 5 million billion different opinions on 5 million billion different subjects...... that's a lot of people to try and be pissed at. lol!

unless i'm seriously being personally attacked, i just don't let the small sh*t bother me. some ppl have posted things i thought were SUPER offensive but i would state my opinion at the most, and leave it at that. just like i'm entitled to my opinion, they are to theres

k.a.t

A lot of the time when i see this kind of thing happening i just think "why waste your time like that? it's not like they're actually gonna get anywhere with this.." seriously some people just need to take a chill pill and learn to ignore.

MAC_Pixie04

I think it's because people feel more free to say what they wanna say no matter how stupid, rude, ignorant, or crass it is because they think they're safe behind the anonymity of a screenname and a keyboard. When I was younger, I used to think I was badass in chatrooms cuz I could say things I wouldn't normally say and know nobody would know who I was and I wouldn't get my ass kicked. Being behind the computer somehow allows more bugs to crawl up people's asses and it grows their balls 5-fold.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I think it's because people feel more free to say what they wanna say no matter how stupid, rude, ignorant, or crass it is because they think they're safe behind the anonymity of a screenname and a keyboard. When I was younger, I used to think I was badass in chatrooms cuz I could say things I wouldn't normally say and know nobody would know who I was and I wouldn't get my ass kicked. Being behind the computer somehow allows more bugs to crawl up people's asses and it grows their balls 5-fold.

LMAO

So true.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04

Yep completely. Its like an anger outlet on the internet lol. Lets just say I won't be using a certain site for a good while.

Simply Elegant

Anyone can say it's just the internet, but still, they're real people with feelings that might get hurt. Maybe some people feel like having the last word and that might make it harder to step away, but I do agree that sometimes it is best to leave.

BloodMittens

Yeahhh I've seen this happen WAYYY too much. I'm really passive so nothing truly bothers me unless you actually attack me with something that hits really close to home (death of a friend/family, dog, cat, etc). I don't like to start fights or get into them because there is so much stuff I could be doing with my time and energy except for fighting and making an ass of myself and the person I'm fighting with.

hotmodelchiq

I agree with you but this is y I think it happens... Our ideas and thoughts are usually influenced by our loved ones such as family and friends. subconsciously when someone attacks or disagrees with what we believe in they are attacking the principals that we grew up on and in a sense challenge things we have believed all our lives, and to say to someone "your wrong" is basically saying your mother, father, grandparents...etc are all wrong and your values are wrong... so then people get bent out of shape... I think its better to have an open mind and not get so easily offended... You never know you might actually learn something new.

DirtyPlum

I am all for ppl having their own opinions but when they get all up in your butt crack again and again and cannot even begin to understand where you are coming from... or misinterpret everything you write, it gets pretty annoying.

Most of the time its like the smallest comment or the use of one word and there you go, one fully blown up argument! I actually find some of the YT ones funny!

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I am all for ppl having their own opinions but when they get all up in your butt crack again and again and cannot even begin to understand where you are coming from... or misinterpret everything you write, it gets pretty annoying.

Most of the time its like the smallest comment or the use of one word and there you go, one fully blown up argument! I actually find some of the YT ones funny!

yep thats EXACTLY what i mean. People don't even try to understand what you're saying. Haha yeah the youtube ones can be quite hilarious, its usually over the most pedantic things!

simplyenchantin

There is drama everywhere in life and unfortunately a lot of people online just take it too far because they feel like bigshots behind their computers, protected by anonymity! I wish some of the trolls out there would step back and think about how what they're saying actually offends real people. Internet or not, there's always a real person behind the computer and they tend to have real feelings.. that's my take anyway.

aleksis210

I think that you were abs. right when you said that the internet is just an oulet for anger in people, because if you think about it, if everyone's personality was reflected by youtube arguments there wouldn't be one normal nice person out there...

Latest posts