"Ditch your lipstick and try this instead" Lip Ink...

DirtyPlum

We have just discovered a new addiction. And it's a good one, but be warned you might find yourself throwing away your lipsticks after reading this.

Lip Ink is a revolutionary lip colour that uses only natural products and is never tested on animals. Think of a marker pen for the lips, it's a liquid organic colour 'stain' that you apply sparingly with a brush applicator - and you can then apply gloss over the top.

As well as being long-lasting, it's totally smudge proof, so there's no more leaving colourful smudges on your other half's lips, your tea cups, or on your clothes.

This stuff is just fab. After a single application it looks as if you were born with your chosen lip colour - and it stays on all day.

It's possible to use layering between different colours to create your very own lip shade - and there are plenty to choose from. Plus, if you pay an extra £5, you can have your very own shade made for you.

Lip Inks are created from renewable herbal and botanical ingredients, they help to speed up natural lip exfoliation, are preservative and wax free - and filled with all these goodies.

Celebrity fans include Britney Spears, Dita von Teese and Courteney Cox Arquette.

We think they're just brilliant and are already complete converts. Lip inks cost £11.50 each. Order yours at lipink.co.uk.

Source: The Fashion & Beauty Boutique: MSN Life & Style Blog: Ditch your lipstick and try this instead

what are your thoughts? Anyone tried this, I'm so tempted!

user79

Hardly revolutionary. Sounds like another lip stain, or one of those longwearing lip colors like Maxfactor lipfinity...

MACLovin

Definitely intrigued! You can buy any old lip stain, but what kind of nasty chemicals are absorbing into your skin? This stuff sounds awesome.. I hate the fact that lipstick and gloss rub off so easily. And any kind of long-wearing or stain sort of lip color ends up being crusty/drying or tastes horrible if you happen to get any in your mouth.. yuck.

I want to try a sampler kit, they have some gorgeous colors! A lot bigger range than any line i've seen... Don't think they ship to the US though.
ssad.gif

But the ingredients and the benefits are awesome, i would love to try it.. Not only do I like what's in it, but I also like what's NOT in it!

Quote:
Like sipping a fine liqueur, the sensation felt by many first time users of Lip Ink Patented Waxfree Semi permanent Lip colour is due to the fact that we use only the finest organic 190° proof Rosemary flavoured corn grain alcohol - direct from the heartland of America - as the base ingredient in our formulations.

• Is naturally antiseptic.
  • Quickly dries without being drying.
  • Keeps the herbal botanical formulations fresh and active.
  • Facilitates a natural exfoliation of the lips.

This allows Lip Ink patented waxfree Semi permanent colour cosmetics to be free of wax, animal fat, cholesterol, glycols, parabens and preservatives.

• Flavoured 190° proof corn grain alcohol from the heartland of America
  • Sun Screens (UVA/UVB)
  • Moisturizers
  • Botanicals (certified organic)
  • Minerals (13 trace minerals)
  • Vitamins (pharmaceutical grade)
  • Film Formers/ the same ones used in pill and candy coatings (all natural)
  • Humectants
  • Colour Pigments (FDA approved)
  • De-ionized water
  • No animal products or animal by products
  • No petroleum products
  • No lacquers
  • No waxes
  • No added preservatives
  • No Glycols
  • No Parabens
  • No Urea
  • No Lead
  • No peanuts or peanut by-products

DirtyPlum

OK.. so I received my order of the mini sample kit. I got two colours (Rose and Venusian Flush) and I have to say I am impressed. It really does what it says - it stays put, it has buildable coverage, isnt as drying as similar prods. on the market, comes with all the necessary products and info and the lighter shade can be used to make an array of colours.

Im won over. But be warned... the colours on the website are so NOT accurate.

Latest posts