NARS Powder Foundation...

mizzworthy

Hi there,

I'm a new convert to the fabulous NARS, and recently bought the firming foundation, which I love. I have noticed the staying power of this increases with a light dusting of Nico rather than with a setting powder from MAC for example. So I was wondering whether to buy the powder foundation to both set the foundation and carry for touch ups if needed in the day?
Has anyone used the powder foundation? Can you advise on its suitability for setting liquids and as a touch up/stand alone product?

Thanks in advance!
MizzWorthy xxxx xxxx
th_DANCE.gif

mizzworthy

Lol, Nico is in the 'blush' category of NARS but is not really a blush. It's more lika a cross between a highlighter and a pressed powder. One of those products you wouldn't really look at in a store but a makeup artist used it on me and it just adds a slight glow without any glitter or shimmer. Can be used over blush to tone it down as well, wihout altering the colour tone. Ive not personally seen any other similar product...

Kuuipo

The powder foundation is a little more opaque than the compact powder and is great for a matte look, and it has sunscreen. It's never broken me out either.

Kuuipo

Yes, especially on top of a sheer foundation or a sunscreen or moisturizer. Its a great thing to have for travel, its an opaque powder with a lot of coverage. The case is really sturdy too. I liked it better than MakeUp Forever's version and I liked it better than Chanel, Dior and Givenchy's powder foundations. It's not creamy at all, its perfect for oily, summer skin. Its not gonna slide off anywhere, and you can buff it in for a more sheer look. I tried it after I got disallusioned with mineral makeups because they looked unnatural and metallic on me.

mizzworthy

thanks so much - will be adding this to my list of wants - do the colours tend to run true - ie if i use mony blanc liquid would i use mont blanc in this too? it looks a little pink on the website! xxx