You know you need to do a MAC stocktake when...

lara

Yesterday I was going through the chest of drawers I use to store all my back-up/spare/duplicate cosmetics products and found not one, not two, but three BNIB Lightscapade MSFs
shockt.gif

I guess I can stop cruising eBay now in the hopes of finding a misspelt Lightscapade auction that I could win super cheap
lol.gif

Have you had any unexpected brilliant finds behind your bedside table, in your back-up box, in your handbag or in your car? I can't be the only one who forgets what she has sometimes... right? Right?

TISH1124

Yeah I think you are pretty life-set on those....or at least until they
re-promote!!

My greatest finds is when I change handbags and find money in the one I switch to...That is always so NICE...and seems it comes right when i need it!!

Hilly

i love when i look in my traincases and find shit i forgot i ever bought. score!!

coachkitten

I found a BNIB Gold Dusk pigment a while back in a random makeup bag. I couldn't find it for years and thought it was lost forever.

I don't think I would ever forget having 3 backups of Lightscapade. Great find!! I remember you saying that yours was almost used up so that is awesome!! I am very jealous!

sharkbytes

Def not as cool as finding 3 lightscapades, but I did find a brand new tube of Melrose Mood. I'd bought an extra unknowingly, and apparently randomly stuck it in a drawer that I don't often go into. It was a nice surprise
smiles.gif

panda0410

Bugger the backups, I'd just like to find my Merrily... it was misplaced somewhere and hasnt been seen since
weeping.gif

anita22

I love finding makeup I'd forgotten about :) Cleaning out my drawers last week, I found 3 backups I'd forgotten I had, still BNIB:

- Sculpt & Shape duo in Lightsweep/Shader
- Nymphette lipglass
- Stila lipglaze in Cinnamon

Will probably give away the lipglosses before they turn, seeing how I'm not even halfway through the ones I have open! Definitely hanging onto the sculpting duo tho, that thing is gold.

SuSana

I know some of you will want to kill me but...I found a Stereo Rose that I had never used. I bought it from the clearance bin about a year, yes a year ago and put it in one of my makeup bags and forgot all about it!

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

My greatest finds is when I change handbags and find money in the one I switch to...That is always so NICE...and seems it comes right when i need it!!

That happens to me all the time! I also find money in my jackets.

I only found a BNIB blot powder in my drawer yesterday. I don't usually buy backups.

MAC_Whore

I usually don't discover any prize finds in my makeup closet and vanity, as I keep my backups seperate. I have two plastic containers that are made to hold wrapping paper and that is where I keep my backups. I have pretty much filled both containers. lol You don't even want to know what I have backups of. It's like the HG. I rarely buy backups anymore, because I just have too much already.

The surprises I find are regular items that I had just forgotten about. I rediscover stuff pretty frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Yesterday I was going through the chest of drawers I use to store all my back-up/spare/duplicate cosmetics products and found not one, not two, but three BNIB Lightscapade MSFs
shockt.gif

I guess I can stop cruising eBay now in the hopes of finding a misspelt Lightscapade auction that I could win super cheap
lol.gif

Score for you! That's awesome. I know you were recently lamenting your disappearing Lightscapade.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I usually don't discover any prize finds in my makeup closet and vanity, as I keep my backups seperate. I have two plastic containers that are made to hold wrapping paper and that is where I keep my backups. I have pretty much filled both containers. lol You don't even want to know what I have backups of. It's like the HG. I rarely buy backups anymore, because I just have too much already.

I get so jealous when I hear of your wrapping paper containers of rare backups! I would love to know what is in there!!

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
shockt.gif

lol.gif

Have you had any unexpected brilliant finds behind your bedside table, in your back-up box, in your handbag or in your car? I can't be the only one who forgets what she has sometimes... right? Right?

Ahhhh, LUCKY!!

VIC MAC

Bloody hell......3 Lightscapades.......I bid on one the other day, but it sold for 50.50£ on Ebay - which is insane!!! If you are out to sell......let me know
drools.gif

L1LMAMAJ

...I wanna get an e/s and then realizing I ALREADY HAVE IT and it's already been nicely depotted, magnetized, labeled, and added into my 15-pan palette.

geeko

I usually don't buy back ups so i don't need to stock take

and besides i keep all my stuff nicely in a big dressin cabinet where i see all my stuff so i don't forget what i have...

although i will forget to use many of them

leenybeeny

LOL - I do that all the time.. mostly I will see something I love at the store, buy it and realize it's something I already have. I got this awesome spreadsheet from Temptalia.com where she lists every e/s ever, so I can track what I have and what I still want. Eventually I think she is going to come out with one for lippes etc.. but it's always the e/s's I forget.

Latest posts