Neutral with a bit of colour? lol

radarlove

I posted this in the 25% sale thread but I probably should have posted it here....so I'm going to copy and paste it.

I'm thinking of branching out a teeeeeny tiny bit and buying one bright/colour in my haul. I'm a neutral girl all the way and don't envision myself ever wearing brights, but since it's summer I'm in the mood for something with some colour to put under my eye, a little in the crease, etc. for some interest.

Any recs? Nothing TOO neon bright but something a little more subtle would be awesome. Something that would go well with my neutrals would be great (I have a lot of goldish/plummy browns like Mulch, Saddle, Soft Brown, Woodwinked, etc.) I'm looking at Steamy because it doesn't look too bright...what do you think? I'm about NC20 with green eyes.

gildedangel

Coppering would go well with your neutrals and can be toned down. Sushi Flower looks really pretty with browns and burgundys as well. The best way to transition into brights is to get metallic colors like gold and silver because they go well with neutrals and can tone down bright colors. I know this was long, HTH!

Candy Christ

I have green eyes and right now I'm an NC25. I would say that you should try Clarity. I don't own it as of yet but you said you're a neutral girl. You could try using it in your crease or as a liner for a pop of color. Then again I'm in love with brights. Hope it helped!

leenybeeny

I think Steamy is a great idea or any other teal kind of colour.. it goes beautifully with neutrals to add a bit of colour.

MissVega

I'm a big fan of doing a little bit of colour with my neutrals
smiles.gif

I really like bright future from style warriors, also aquadisiac, vibrant grape, swimming
love.gif
I know lustres aren't the best texture but I find swimming to be a good lustre.
I like eletric eel also. I don't have steamy but I was considering getting shimmermoss during the sale.

I would test clarity first. It doesn't look anything in person like it does in the online swatch on the website plus I didn't like the texture of it. I found it very chalky.

Latest posts