hair troubles

tana2210

hi ladies
so i wnet in for a colour yesterday... still tryng to find "the" colour for my wedding in may
decided i would go darkercoz my eyebrows are REALLY dark, ive been blonde for about a year, loved it apart from my brows.
so went darker with highlights, problem is teh dark is to dark an the highlights to light i look like a chunky streaky mess, like kelly clarkson many years ago... bad bad bad

so i have an appointment on monday to go and get it fixed im thinking of getting more highlights on the darker areas and a toner to tone down the highlights that are to bright. another problem i know that getting it coloured again after a week is gonna damage my hair bigtime
so any reccomendations for intense repair products/protein treatments/masks etc pref anything easy to get in australia any brand any price i want great hair on my wedding day.
im also planning to avoid the hairdryer and straightner for a couple of weeks

thanks ladies
smiles.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

I went through the exact same thing about 3 years ago (I almost cry thinking about it :p)

I guess it all depends on your hair.... If it is really fine like mine is, then dying it again is going to do damage whether you like it or not..... Because I didnt want to dye mine again, what I did was wash it a lot for the first week and quite a lot of colour came out of the brown bits. Then I went back and got a toner through it all and it seemed to even out the colour a lot...

In terms of treatments I personally like the loreal professional treatment range which you can get from salons. However, as my hairdresser told me, you should only use a treatment once a week at most - preferably only once a fortnight. Using too many protein treatments actually makes your hair brittle and it will snap off!! :O

An old "ethnic" (lol) treatment my sis uses (and she has amazing hair) is a home made olive oil treatment. She mixes like half a cup of olive oil with some kind of essential oil.. I think tea tree maybe... and then puts it on the ends and wraps it up for 20 mins....

I'm no hairdresser, so all this is just based on my own experience, but I hope some of it helps!
smiles.gif
Good luck !

xLongLashesx

I've gone dark to blonde and back again loads of times and I always find that the brown dye fades really quickly out of the blonde hair. The hairdresser probably used a semi anyway in which case it'll wash out quicker than you'd think. Take carina's advice and wash it frequently, if you're really desperate dandruff shampoo strips colour out of hair quickly. In a week or two it'll look completely different. I went from light blonde to chestnut brown (perm box dye) and three weeks later I was back to a honey blonde colour! No kidding. Once the brown has lightened up then definitely tone to even out the highlights.

As for treatments, my hair is hideous right now so I'm not one to talk, but I've found the alfaparf midollo di bamboo to be awesome for strengthening damaged hair. Right now I'm using joico k pak which is doing nothing for me strength wise so I'm going back to the alfaparf as soon as it runs out.

I'm also putting oil on my hair and plaiting it before bed- definitely softens the hair.

xLongLashesx

Oh and Carina, that bit about the protein.. That's probably why the joico isn't working for me! I'm using the protein treatment like three times a week and I've got split ends and breakage everywhere! D'oh. They should come with a warning!

Oh and anyone with extensions, never use anything with protein in it on them bc it reacts with the protein treatment they already have in them, I'm told.

tana2210

thanks girls!!
the hairdreser aid it would fade as well so hopefully by monday ill just have to have a toner, i was looking into the Vo5 hot oil but the olive oil iwll proberly do the same thing !! Ill give ita o to night after work
smiles.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

^^ No prob
smiles.gif

Sal - Ahhhhhh! Stop treatments immediately! LOL! You poor thing! I cant believe they didn't tell you! Its ok, just dont use them for the next few weeks and watch out which shampoo you use (Loreal Elvive has craploads of protein in it too) and you should be ok.. Maybe get a trim to help with the ends???
P.S Saw a proper photo of you in one of the older threads the other day Sal! Ummmm gorgeous much!!!!!

xLongLashesx

^^ oh!
blush-anim-cl.gif
I must've been having a good pic day, how sweet of you to say!

I'm totally stopping the protein treatment, I've just spent an hour googling protein and breakage and OMG! My hair is completely brittle and straw like, I just thought it was damage from the bleaching I had done before christmas.

Off to find the most moisturising treatments i can find!!

tana2210

anyone tried the sunsilk miracle treatments, coles has a special of 18 for $15 atm (3X6packs in tehre buy 2 get third free deal) might give these a go.

xLongLashesx

I haven't tried Sunsilk, how did you go with the miracle treatments?

I went and bought Paul Mitchell's instant moisture shampoo/ conditioner and I've noticed a big improvement after only one wash. I rinsed my hair in warm water and white vinegar first to get rid of all the protein buildup then used the paul mitchell- my hair is actually pretty flexible today!

Off to a new hairdresser this morning for a trim.. hope she doesn't take too much off but I fear she may have to, in some areas almost every single hair is broken! Bloody protein..
angry.gif

Honeylust27

Hi there,

In relation to your hair troubles I would not colour it anymore - it will only get more damaged. The darker colour will fade and settle and you may like it more in a few weeks time.
I have also heard about olive oil doing wonderful things for dry or damaged hair - I am yet to try this myself, but will try soon.
good luck!

tana2210

sunslik was okay, hairdresser put a new toner in and it looks alot better so im averagly happy lol, next time ill add some more foils and i should be right im using a keratease coour mask thingo once a week which has helped as well

nettiepoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tana2210
hi ladies
so i wnet in for a colour yesterday... still tryng to find "the" colour for my wedding in may
decided i would go darkercoz my eyebrows are REALLY dark, ive been blonde for about a year, loved it apart from my brows.
so went darker with highlights, problem is teh dark is to dark an the highlights to light i look like a chunky streaky mess, like kelly clarkson many years ago... bad bad bad

so i have an appointment on monday to go and get it fixed im thinking of getting more highlights on the darker areas and a toner to tone down the highlights that are to bright. another problem i know that getting it coloured again after a week is gonna damage my hair bigtime
so any reccomendations for intense repair products/protein treatments/masks etc pref anything easy to get in australia any brand any price i want great hair on my wedding day.
im also planning to avoid the hairdryer and straightner for a couple of weeks

thanks ladies
smiles.gif

Try Redken Butter treatment leave in. It does great. I do hair and my hair has been through bout anything you could imagine and i use this when needed. It is in a gold kind of large tube, they also make a shampoo in the redken Butter treatment line..smells good 2!
Good luck! hth

Cinci

As a girl who has bleached her hair platinum blonde for over 10 years... Try Pureology Hydrate Conditoner or SFactor Serious Conditioner.. Leave them on for 2-3 minutes everytime you wash your hair.... They may be pricey, but they are worth every penny!

And I agree with the above posts.. the brown will fade out pretty quickly so long as you aren't using a "color protecting" shampoo