Suggestion for powder foundation

PlatinumV

I simply find extremely quick to use a powder foundation. Actually I am wearing Clinique Almost Powder MakeUp. 1 minute with my kabuki brush, and I am done.
The coverage is light, but still stronger than what I usually obtain with a liquid foundation over a sponge. And since in the morning each minute is important, I would like to try a MAC powder foundation.
I usually am a NW10 or NW15. But when I had a look to MAC site, I had 2 problems.
1) there are 3 different types of powder foundations and I can't catch the differences
2) the colour codes aren't matching. And you know how absurd are the swatches on the site!

so, can you please explain the differences about those foundations and suggest to me which colour I should choose? Thank you.

PinkBasset

There's Studio Fix Plus Powder foundation, then the loose mineralize spf 15 foundation and MSF Natural.

Studio Fix can look powdery and chalky on dry skin, but a spraying Fix+ when you're done helps. I have normal skin and I did find it a bit chalky looking without the Fix+. It has good coverage. You can use it with the sponge that comes with it or for a lighter dusting try a powder brush. There is NW15 available, or N3.

The loose mineralize foundation comes in colours like extra light, light, light-medium and so on. You could try extra light or light. It's the same with Mineralize Skin Finish Naturals, but these don't have extra-light. I'm NC15 and I wear Light in MSFN.

MSFN are very light in coverage, but it still offers some so it can be used on it's own if there aren't major need for coverage. Also you can use a bit of concealer on places where needed and then the MSFN. I really like the semi-matte finish of MSFN, it looks natural and not cakey or powdery.

I haven't used the loose powder foundation so I cannot comment on that how it works or looks.

I hope this helped answer some of your questions!
smiles.gif

PlatinumV

Is "light" with pink undertones? I HATE with all my being looking "yellow"!
From the site images, I simply can't understand that. They all look the same!

tarnii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
Is "light" with pink undertones? I HATE with all my being looking "yellow"!
From the site images, I simply can't understand that. They all look the same!

For myself I found the loose Mineralize powder tended towards yellow and also would get more so over the day.

The MSFN Light is fairly neutral and gives light coverage.

I keep coming back to the Studio Fix powder foundation in N3, I am not 100% happy with it but I have yet to find anything consistently better.

Hope this helps, for reference I have v fair neutral skin tone and lovely (not) rosy cheeks which I need to cover.
blush-anim-cl.gif

minnie_moo

I also use Studio Fix powder- whenever I run out I always get tempted to give something else a go, but I always end up coming back to this. I have used N3 in the past but I'm currently using NC15
smiles.gif

geeko

I love my MAC lightful powder foundation. It has spf 25 and has brightening properties. Coverage is also really g00d and the powder is pretty smooth. I'm not too sure whether this is available at all mac stores outside of asia though..

MzzRach

MSFN is a very nice powder, but the coverage is not much beyond sheer to light.

Studio Fix Plus Powder Foundation can go all the way up to very full coverage. It can get heavy looking if not used with a light hand, but has excellent coverage.