the never ending hunt

anuy

i have been on a never ending hunt for good mascara. no matter how awesome people claim it is, (diorshow, hypnose, shu uemura, maybelline... waterproor or not) i always end up with dark circles under my eyes. sometimes it is faint and hardly noticible but I NOTICE THEM and it drives me nuts. i want a mascara that does not leave me looking like a raccoon.

i dont mind if the mascara doesn't curl (b/c i use shu's curler) i don't mind if it's dry (b/c i use shu's primer) and i dont mind if it clumps b/c i use a lash comb. and i'm not looking for eextra length b/c personally, i hate the fibre mascaras.

i just want a mascara that won't give me raccoon eyes. a waterproof mascara. and some plumping would be nice... i have almost no eyelashes from a i-used-a-blowdryer-to-heat-up-my-eyelash-curler-and-burned-off-my-eyelashes incident. but maybe that is asking too much. so basically. a no smudge mascara?!?!?!?!

thanks.
i know i sound so choosy.
but i'm exasperated from spending appx 300 on mascaras that suck

ambidextrous

I think Lancome Magicils won't smudge and is waterproof until you rubb it off with water... cos it's the same as with the Kiss Me mascara thats also supposed to be smudgeproof

rouquinne

until your lashes grow back, i would skip mascara.

Kiss Me mascara forms small tubes around your lashes.

you can get all the info on it at the blincinc website.

Turbokittykat

I like YSL Waterproof mascara
smiles.gif

Also, have you considered trying a product like UDs Lingerie and Galoshes for lashes? It's a mascara sealant that's supposed to make any mascara long-lasting and waterproof.

procrastinator

I really like Maybelline's Volume Express Turbo Waterproof - it doesn't smudge on me, adds nice length and volume. It just makes them look really nice and neat, and it holds a curl realllly well!
smiles.gif
Try it out, I hope it works well on you!

Shawna

Eyelashes do grow back but it takes about 3 months
ssad.gif
As for mascara, I wear contacts and I simply cannot say enough about blincs kiss me mascara. It does not come off unless you use warm water and pressure. I went swimming the other day with my mom and sis, and while their mascara made them look like racoons, mine was intact. I hate mascara that leaves the little dots under your eyes and this doesn't do it at all. The only downfall is that it is expensive. I lucked out last week and got some at a beauty supply for $18. A great deal. I think I need to go back and stock up.
smiles.gif

KJam

My favorite macara is MAC mascara X - because it will not clump, but it's not waterproof. I bought Urban Decay's Lingerie and Galoshes - it has a white primer (lingerie) to thicken and lengthen my lashes. The other side (galoshes) is a clear top coat that makes your mascara waterproof - I can swim in my beloved mascara. You should try it out! It'll make that almost perfect mascara perfect.

Latest posts