mac seminars..what can I expect?

SHEILAB13

I called Nordstoms today to find out when the Beau clllection was coming out and the gal asked if I'd like to come to the seminar that they were having hosted by Victor!! Of course, I had to take the entire day off of work so I could attend
smiles.gif
What happens at these things? Counting the days.....

FacesbyNiki

They show you what is new coming out, show you different pro items that you can purchase. You'll have lots of fun. Go for it.
smiles.gif

Juneplum

ooh! u will have a BLAST! i went to one in january... they usually have a 3-4 PRO artists come in to show you what the new looks will be.. they take 3-4 girls from the audience and demonstrate the makeup techniques on them by giving them a MAC-over. at mine they had cookies, refreshments, some MAC giveaways, the new facehcharts etc. They also have some PRO stuff that u will be able to buy.. it's a must for all MAC addicts =)

FemmeNoir

SHEILAB13,

Which Nordies was this? Does anyone know where I can find out if any others are having this? I'm in Southern California.

Thanks!

Juneplum

hey femmenoir... if u go to the nordies website, click on MAC, there's a link that says MAC IN STORE BEAUTY EVENTS. click on that and it will show you where the events are and also an 800 number u can call to find out more info... =)

MizMac

I love Victor!! He is one of the sweetist people out there!!! Such a nice guy. I'm sure you are going to have a blast!! Is this a NEXT event or one of the pro tour events?? Either way you are going to have alot of fun.

glittergoddess27

Hey all, If Anyone is in Indianapolis, IN the Nordies here is having the Beau event on April 30th!!!! I am signed up to go. I can hardly wait. Its nice that the cost of admission is reedemable in product!

MacLover

I wish they would do something like this in our department store. I guess I should call and check to see if they are.

user2

I wish they would do something like this over here in Germany (I know I can't stop complaining!!
smiles.gif
)

SHEILAB13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
SHEILAB13,

Which Nordies was this? Does anyone know where I can find out if any others are having this? I'm in Southern California.

Thanks!

Oh..I'm in Denver. All I did was call looking for the Beau collection & the gal asked if I would be interested in the seminar. So i would just call around
smiles.gif

SHEILAB13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMac
I love Victor!! He is one of the sweetist people out there!!! Such a nice guy. I'm sure you are going to have a blast!! Is this a NEXT event or one of the pro tour events?? Either way you are going to have alot of fun.

I'm a newbie to the seminar thing but the gal said he was going to be highlighting the Beau collection. What is the difference between a Next event or Pro tour?

glittergoddess27

A Pro Tour has the licensed artist that is employed by MAC ie,.. listed on their website,.and have a seminar type setting,....and a Next event is usually just the store's promotion of the items with the standard MAC store employees doing makeovers and such on and individual basis. This is the gist I got? Make sense?

glorie

mine was fun. i went yesterday.

they give out notepads, samples, charts, and let you try on whatever you want.

saramwrap

The Next event and Pro Tour are very similar -- a class taught by a Pro artist, then a chance to get a makeover and shop a limited selection of Pro products. The exact topic of the class and the products available vary per season, tour, and location, but here's a link to my Next event recap:

http://makeupaddict.org/nextevent.html

allie02044

i went last weekend and was bored out of my mind! got no goodies, (Water), and sat and watched the trainer put mu on this annoying lady who thought she knew EVERYTHING. ugh... a MUA who works at the MAC store (very different than the MUAs who work at nordies) was talking to me about the events and that he feels the same way about them that I do. ugh. I dont think i will waste my time with them again.

Latest posts