colours impossible to work with

charismaticlime

I'm asian (NC30) with dark brown eyes, and although I hear that purple makes brown eyes pop, I just can't make it seem to work for me - I end up looking bruised no matter what I do. Is it just me or is anyone else in the same boat?

BlahWah

Which purples have you used? I'm also Asian NC30. I've used purples and my eyes have popped .. *lol* that sounds funny. Anyhoo, the more violet the purples the better, I find. Trax, which is more burgundy, I have to be very careful in using. I actually rarely touch it. Oh, and I almost always use Violet Underground eyekohl, sometimes Non-Conformist fluidline as well.

Here are the shades I've used successfully:

Violet p/m
Lovely Lily p/m
Satellite Dreams e/s
Entremauve p/m
Leap e/s (from the Danse/Corps de Couleur quad)
Mancatcher e/s
Thunder e/s (from 2006 Icon Thunder quad)
Jeweltone e/s

HTH!

SARAHluvsMAC

i agree with the violet underground... that gem is so beautiful on brown eyes, in fact i wish i bought backups

DaizyDeath

i think like the others said its the color or purple if you use 2 dark of a purple its going to make you look bruised if you use a lighter more vibrant purple it will make your eyes pop like you want

asnbrb

Oh! I'm an Asian NC30, too!

I love jewel based colors to make my eyes pop. Entremauve rocks (as does Grape and they're basically the same thing) as does Violet. Greens like Emerald Green and Humid work wonders. My BF mentioned that when I wore RR Blue, my eyes stood out.

charismaticlime

I currently own Purple Haze, Nocturnelle, and Cranberry. I mainly use them to pair with other colours, but so far Nocturnelle has been the most problematic. I'm not too fond of Purple Haze because of it's matte texture, and so far Cranberry has been pretty good (although its more of a reddish plum).

geeko

i do use a mixture of dark and light purples.....

For dark purples and plums such as nocturnelle and plum dressing i only selectively use them on the outer corner of my eyelids ...and so far this has worked well on me. The trick is to blend them in with OTHER COLORS and not to wear them alone as a all over the lid shadow. The look great with other colors.

For light purples, i can use them as a all over the lid wash. hths.

I'm a NC20, asian

This is an eotd using peppier, nocturnelle and pompous blue on my lid.
nocturnelle's the color in the middle
eye.jpg

rouquinne

Trax is a problem for me (celtic/eastern european heritage, NC15). i find Shale, which is a grey-purple, to be much easier to use on my brown eyes.

i bought the Raquel quad with the purple shade (Roustabout in the Amazon eyes quad) and that colour worked really well without giving me that "crying eyes" look, even though it is on the red-purple side.

ledonatella

I am a fairer Italian NW20. I have a problem with greens/yellows with too yellow or grey of undertones. The yellowy ones make me look sick and the grey tones make me look dead. I absolutely cannot wear Meadow, Swimming, Bitter, Velvet Moss, Goldmine. I passed on the Sultress quad cause I'm afraid the green will get no use out of me at all. I can do a lighter greeny/gold like Juxt though. Also pale blues like Tilt/Moon's Reflection are yucky as well!

rouquinne

ledonatella, try Sumptous Olive. it's a great green on me, and i'm not the kind of person who usually wears green.

ambidextrous, thanks for the violet pigment tip, i'll see if i can get a sample from someone!

greengrin.gif