or Connect

Posts by lilinah

As i posted, all i got was: 125 Split Fibre Dense Face Brush 126 Split Fibre Large Face Brush Crème d’Nude Lipstick Accentuated Eyebrows (pencil) (haven't used the brushes yet, but i really like CdN)   I was considering the Green Clean eyeshadow trio...  but MAC on-line still has the Belgreens eyeshadow palette X 6 from the Toledo collection! So i ordered that.   The Technakohls were all a disappointment to me. And although i wanted to love it, Domestic Diva was...
I have to thank you people on this board! After several commented that W&D was in their local MACs on Wednesday, i called mine. Yup, there, too. So i hurried down. There was a crowd... of MAC MUA having some sort of meeting.   Everything was in stock. I got: • both big brushes, 125 and 126 • Creme d'Nude lipstick (so i could have *something* with the pretty packaging) • Accentuate eye liner pencil (after testing Delineated which was warmer)   I almost bought Dirty...
For my brows I sometimes use the Strawberry Blonde Veluxe Brow Liner pencil. It's OK - maybe a teeny tad too red - it'll be fine when i henna my hair.   Other times I use Omega matte eyeshadow in my brows - which may be a tad too dark (i use moisturizer and that darkens it a bit).   So i'm trying to figure out which of the new Eyebrow pencils - Delineated or Accentuated - will work better. Anyone know which is more neutral and cool taupe-y?
I'm an old crone and bright reds and orange reds make me look old crone-ier. Dark blue-reds work, but i rarely wear red and i have 3 dark blue-reds, Deeply Adored, Studded Kiss, and Rocker, and that's more than enough for me.   I'm waiting until this collection is in my local MAC store. It takes close to 2 weeks to get if i order on-line, so i might as well wait for the store release.   I want the brushes. I want Creme d'Nude in the fancy packaging. And i want a couple...
I think the only Huggable i'll get is I'm In. The other two i was considering - Bare Hug and Soft Talkin' - look too orange for me. I'm In looks like a nice warm pink.   However, speaking of orange, i'm wearing Flamingo today. It looks sooo orange in the tube (for me, anyway, who doesn't wear orange). Then when i first put it on, it's uneven and chalky looking, so i smooth it with my finger and it's fine. And shortly afterwards, i think because my lips are a fairly...
I'm surprised that the first lipsticks to sell out were the PERM ones! As for what i'm getting, i'll be outside my local MAC at 9:30 AM next Thursday...   As for the liners, i wonder how different this collection's Colour Matters is from the perm Sourpuss... The liner in the Toledo collection was creamy, long lasting, and had some shimmer - Sourpuss wasn't creamy or shimmery.
I was being "good", i only got Pearl Blossom (definitely a blush on me), and 4 Fluidlines (Blue Peep, Siahi, Ivy, and Looking Good)   And then i caved, and ordered Preening and Wow Factor eyeshadows and Notice Me lipstick.   I'm loving Notice Me and Preening. I'm less impressed with Wow Factor, as it doesn't seem to show up much on me. Ivy is great as an under-eye liner, but, at least today, isn't showing up much on my upper lid - i'll keep working on it. Part of the...
 Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out Karen's Makeup & Beauty Blog (i should have thought of that!). I think i may be interested in Sudsy, if it isn't too dry.
Has anyone used any of the Technakohl Pencils in this collection? Christine of Temptalia really disliked them all - Colour Matters, the lime, got the best rating, a C+. But i was wondering if anyone else's experiences were better than hers. I'm particularly interested in Sudsy, Coin Operated, and Practice Makes Perfect. Thanks.
I didn't know about OCC's free shipping! I'm waaay more likely to order directly from them now!   I was going to order from sephora (gotta get a few more points), but they're no longer carrying the Cosmetic Colour Pencils and i wanted a couple, plus they aren't carrying several Lip Tar colors i wanted. So I ordered from another company, Beautylish, that ships free, and I just received my stuff. They're local to me. And they include a little personal note every time i've...