or Connect

Posts by lilinah

That was hysterical. I hope nobody takes it seriously.
 Yes, the color i used was close to my skin tone, just to even things out. I often don't bother at all, my brow bones reflect light by themselves :-) Some of these makeup tricks are good, but they depend on the situation. They're not meant to be worn by everyone every day. They are good at the appropriate time. It's like contouring. It was part of theatrical stage makeup for ages and ages. It spread to fashion makeup, then many women started doing it. At some point in the...
I seem to alternate days wearing dark dark purple Gunner Matte Lipstick from "Nasty Gal" and wearing Touch the Earth Mineralize Lipstick from this collection.   And i am wearing the three eye shadows i got every day - Natural Vigor (champagne peach), Spiritual Life (lemon), and Just Breathe (light slightly warm blue) - altho not all at the same time.   I use other dark matte shadows in the crease and light matte shadows under the brow from the 2 Too Faced palettes i...
I've been wearing Gunner a fair bit, but it looks kind of dead on me all by itself because it's a matte. So i've been mixing it with other stuff.   A couple days ago i patted some sparkly fuchsia pigment on top, then dabbed on a little blue gloss.   Today, i put Go For It on first, then Gunner, then with a lipstick brush dabbed a little Beautiful Moves (pale mint) lipgloss in the center of my lips. The guys at the cafe said i looked nice - we banter all the time, so...
I'm still loving Touch the Earth Mineralize Lipstick.   I did a stronger eye today, and TtE works great with it. I did put some stuff on my cheeks, which i often skip... Anna Sui Loose Powder #200 (lilac with a bit of shimmer - i love the scent), then a little contouring with Next to Skin, and a little blushing on the cheek bone with some pink eyeshadow i had handy.
Well, i think i'm keeping all three eyeshadows after all.   I wore Just Breathe, the warm silver blue, yesterday, and i rather liked it. And turns out I don't have any colors like it. It's not as aqua as my aqua shadows, but the hint of warm blue keeps it from looking too cold.   I keep wearing Touch The Earth because it's a great color for me, and i love the way the Mineralize lipsticks feel on the lips - so soothing for winter.
 When it comes to Touch the Earth, i think you may need to test, if that's possible.I am between 15 & 20 and neutral. While i like warmer eyeshadows, I prefer cooler-toned lipsticks - any warmish colors i own have a touch of the cool in them - pinky peaches, pinky corals.And i enjoy a cool brown or a grey brown, which don't work on some people.But TtE was more of neutral brown, not inherently grey, and appeared to me to balance between warm and cool. So i think this will...
 Sorry, i didn't even look at the blushes. Neither was a color for me. Thanks for the info on Fix+. The MUA said a lot of the usual stuff, i have no quibble, that's how they're trained. So it's good to hear someone tell me their experiences with it.
I didn't rush down to my local MAC, but i did get there early. It was chilly today (low 50s), so i sat in my warm car until about 10 minutes to 10. I was the first person, 2 more showed up. Neither was interested in Lightness of Being.   Testing, testing...   0 MSF: Since i already have Lightscapade & Perfect Topping, i didn't even bother to test them. Even if these are better, i don't need two of each. 2 Lipsticks: Touch the Earth and Be Fabulous. I skipped BF. TtE...
I wore Gunner out the day i salvaged it. It isn't quite as blue as i hoped, or as it looks in some photos here, but it is a really nice deep dark violet. It went on smoothly and gave good coverage, no pulling, no patchiness.   I'd been wearing my new eyeshadows (UD, Sugarpill, Too Faced) almost every day since they arrived (sparkly light colors on the lids and intense matte deep bright pink or red or orange in the crease), but I only put on a little eyeliner, my...