or Connect

Posts by lilinah

I'm over 1,100 posts behind... being away most of the past 7 weeks has something to do with it.   I went to my local MAC. There wasn't a big crowd - i didn't expect one - but there were more than usual in the AM. The shop hadn't gotten one of the lipglasses i wanted :-( But i got to test everything else.   I ended up getting Myself, which looked too peachy in photos, but was much more neutral on my arm or my lips. I'm happy with it, but i if i were sensible should have...
I have Homegirl in the old Painted Love formula. How does that differ from the new Studded Kiss formula?
My list, although i'm waiting for swatches to narrow it down, 'cuz this is just waaay too much...   Blush Animal Instincts - shimmering plum Fun Ending - soft neutral peach [apparently it's pinky]   Lipstick Myself - Soft shimmery Nude Beige (Lustre) [if it isn't peachy] Lingering Kiss - Deep Plum Red (Matte)   Lipglass Bared For You - Soft rose gold Talk Sexy - Dark purple Wanting More - Washed out lavender Risky Desire - Sheer pearlescent lavender...
Back in the 70s, there was nail polish in pale blue, mint green, metallic navy, etc. I was wearing one of those colors and my father said it didn't look natural. I asked what would be natural, and he said red.   I said, "Dad, look at your fingernails... Are they RED?" He had to admit they were not. I continued, "Finger nails aren't naturally Red, so red isn't any more natural than sky blue." He had to admit i was logical. He didn't comment on my nail polish again. My Dad...
I have Homegirl in the Painted Love formula. I was wondering how much the Studded Kiss formula differs...
Clay duh PoeLuh Met-ee-ay duh Bow-tay (not bootay :-)In French -eau has a long O sound, as in "Oh"If you want bootay, it would be "bouté" (can't post animated emoticons from this ancient iPad,or I would be winking at you ;-)
Kinda likeLay coal day femm
I was surprised! My order said July 4 also. When I saw the UPS truck I thought it was my Moody Bloom order.I hope yours arrives real soon.And hello to everyone from Bali. I got into Den Pasar airport yesterday afternoon, then had a bit of an adventure getting to this tiny lovely guesthouse in Ubud, exhausted after a 20 hour flight. It's pouring now, but should clear up soon. Some friends and I will be going to a temple festival this afternoon.The only MAC makeup I brought...
My back ordered Peach Beige from Nordstrom just arrived today. It's so absolutely neutral! No orange or yellow stands out in it, so that's great. I'm loving it!
 The airport transporter will be here a couple hours. I'm on pins and needles. I'm in a group that performs Balinese music and dance. We had 4 performances on June 12th-15th with the San Francisco Symphony - Michael Tilson Thomas, their world renowned conductor, hung out with us a bit back stage - it was thrilling. Now nearly all of us - about 62 people - plus an equal number of SOs and children (over 120 people - a lot to wrangle) - are going to Bali to celebrate our...