or Connect

Posts by lilinah

I've worn VGR2 several times now. Even though i haven't bought a lot of lipsticks, i did buy a couple from Novel Romance and Artificially Wild, so my lips have been busy with new stuff :-)   Anyway, i like VGR2 lipstick alone, since i'm happy with cool browns and with plums, and i don't hate frosts. But when i put VGR2 gloss over it, it went from nice to WOW-ZA!   I've NEVER taken a selfie with my cell phone, but maybe i'll do one tomorrow  
I picked up the pair yesterday when i was returning a couple things from the Novel Romance collection (i almost cried when i returned the purple eyeshadow, it's so beautiful, but it turns red on me, which is not so flattering).   I haven't tried them on yet. I'm not normally big on gloss, but it's quite clear that the lipstick goes from interesting to amazing with the gloss over it.   Since i am so happy in brown, bronze, deep plum, violet, and blue lipsticks -- and...
 I did not find them impressive. I LOVE Fluidline gel liners. These pencils are OK. But i didn't find them revolutionary. I got Evil Twin (purple), Deep Blue Sea, Water Willow (dark green), Atomic Ore (gold). The gold doesn't seem to deliver enough color, and i may take it back. The others are rather nondescript. I think i prefer Urban Decay 24/7 liners, they deliver more color. If i take Atomic Ore back that will be the 3rd thing from this collection i return, and the...
The purple doesn't change on most people, as far as I can tell. But I recommend testing it before your 30 days are up. It was beautiful if I laid it on thickly, but that's not how I want to use it. I almost cried when I returned it.I can't help you about Breaking Ground because i don't have oily skin. I do use a fairly complex routine of skin care to moisturize and protect my dry skin and it seems to last for many hours without moving or fading on me.
I've been testing all the Electric Cool eyeshadows i got to make sure they work OK. I got five of them. • My absolute fave is Love Power - the pale pink just brightens up my eyes and makes them look young and alert! I'm flirting with a BU... • Pure Flash is 2nd, it's a nice cool gold on me and brightens up my eyes, but i have other golds, so i don't need a BU. • Third is the new Gilded Thrill, a coppery gold, darker than LP and PF, but it looks pretty good, although it...
I never had any doubts that this pair is for me. Seeing everyone wearing them is confirmation. Looks great - and so different - on everyone!   I imagine the "best" (most conventionally flattering) lip color on me is medium light warm pink, but that's just too... normal! Give me metallic plum-brown with lavender glitter!   I'll be at my local MAC tomorrow for these two.
I've been wearing the lip colors i got from this collection almost every other day, Shitake lipstick and Obviously Bare lipglass -- I already own Icon lipstick and Explicit lipglass. Now I'm thinking of getting Spite, because the newer creme lipglasses are very nice - opaque and nicely colored - and it looks like it will be a good color for me (i'll have to give it the sniff test, based on what Mandy said, tho). I'm also considering seeing if my local MAC still...
 I'm neutral (NC/NW) 15-20 and Next to Skin works as a contour on me and as a natural looking blush. But i generally dislike intense blushes and usually prefer a lighter hand with cheek colors. Not always... i got lovely rich plummy Animal Instinct from Novel Romance, but i am careful when i put it on. I AM an old lady and i don't want to have that old lady blush look.
 And if we coastal Californians want to see snow, it's a relatively short drive away in the mountains. I came back from Bali and Pennsylvania (driving through the dry west and the humid Midwest) to the SF Bay area and people here were complaining about the humidity. Yeah, it was more humid than usual, but, sheesh, it was nothing compared to the Midwest and East (or to Bali ) I'm originally from Chicago and i think we have plenty of seasons out here 
I got Icon back in the 90s, when i got Cyber, Grid (dark frosted blue violet), and Lust (highly frosted pale blue violet). I replaced it a couple years ago, so i don't need a new one. I did pick up Shitake from this collection, and Obviously Bare gloss (i already have Explicit). Most of the lipsticks in this collection were too orange for me, as was De-Nude, disappointingly.   When i was in jr. high, i started looking for brown lipstick. Back then -- very early 1960s --...