or Connect

Posts by aradhana

i forgot to post my today's look/lipstick:   nars high society on eyes (lavender above crease/purple on lid/green to darken outer v) jealousy kohl power pencil to upper and lower lash line, set with the green from high society   mufe smoky black mascara   nars dolce vita blush   tea ceremony sheen supreme, with mahogany lipliner   i was a bit on the fence about which blush to wear with HS, and i don't think Dolce vita was the obvious choice, leaning pretty warm...
cool! those colours look very pretty.i also hate when i forget mascara, but i think we are the only ones who really notice. :) your eye look sounded very pretty in any case. noir plum is gorgeous. i wish i had picked up even just one mega metal. and strangely they never did come back, did they?
i have a list of old disney movies i need to hunt down and re-watch! this one is on it! :)  for today's look i wore mostly illamasqua makeup, since i find it doesn't get enough use in my collection. the main exception is the foundation, only because i don't have any illamasqua foundation/concealers: eyes:illamasqua complement palettefocus (cool brown metallic cream shadow) on upper lid up to creasequeen of the night (metallic aubergine) overtop and along lower...
rimmel also has a clear lipliner - it's a retractable one - in case you need a budget option. i may have seen one from l'oreal or some other brand as well, but i can't recall! your eye look sounds pretty, and must have looked beautiful! i did indeed also notice about a month back that the inglot store was gone...i was meaning to ask you if you knew what happened!  i think medal mentioned her cockney is from the year of the snake collection. i think mine is from somewhere...
i like this one sometimes for a very casual look - eg cockney + mascara.  it's crazy what a difference the right tools make!
your eye look sounds pretty! i have yet to get one of those kaleidoscopes. i forgot all about them. doh!  yep same here! i managed to close it on the illamasqua purchase...but then i went and bought some sewing patterns. :) the colour looks extremely pretty. i find that effect  happens to me with certain burgundy/brick reds...i'm not too sure why or if there's anything that can be done to downplay it. Noooooo!hopefully the kissables will make comeback! i wore flaunting it...
I enjoy bargain hunting sometimes, but not when there are a lot of shoppers. Like holiday shopping - usually a big pain. Even warehouse sales can be fun from time to time, but then i really have to suspend that desire to shove everyone out of my personal space! What is tjm? Is that TJMaxx? We have a similar store here called winners. You can find some great deals there, but you need to be willing to hunt...
thanks meddy! i use a great big fluffy powder brush, but it's just a local drugstore's own brand - Quo. In theory not a high quality brush, but it has withstood the test of time and washing! i think i've had it for about 12-14 years. it *just* fits into the guerlain ballz jar, and comfortably swishes around. Lol re post-happy-hour shopping...i can imagine myself being a danger to my wallet in such a situation! sounds pretty! and glad to hear such a positive review of the...
 your eye look sounds pretty! i'm on the fence about the guerlain ballz too. i tried the compact version once in the store and it was super nice. but i have yet to take that plunge...it was well over $100, which is way beyond my usual threshold for makeup purchases... ;)
i was thinking about this post as i was doing my makeup this afternoon, and it's true, i have seen purple and green together in palettes as well (like nars high society). i'm not sure why it seemed so offbeat to me when it was loaded and rockstar? i'm thinking it might be the red-leaning undertones of the purple... anyway, i ended up using the marc jacobs vamp palette to imitate the look. i felt the berry shade wasn't purple enough, so i mixed it with the dark blue shade...