or Connect

Posts by liba

Just to start things off, here are my absolute favorites!   Wholesome: So much nicer on me than Blacktrack. I love the soft and moist finish and warm black shade. This has to come back! Dark Diversion: Rich, smooth, dark but vibrant. I use this as brow liner all the time. It's a MAC classic. Black Ivy: It's the peer and equal of Dark Diversion in every way! Siahi: Again, it's deep, rich, vibrant and versatile. Needs to come back ASAP, because I'm almost done with my...
This year was so spectacular for fluidlines! Every single one basically hit it out of the park. I'm someone who definitely likes the quick ease of a eye pencil and a smudgy, smoky eye look, rather than just cat eyes all the time, but THOSE FLUIDLINES!   So many great ones are out there! What are your absolute favorites? Your favorites from this year? Ones you are dreaming MAC will repromote? Dreams of perfect ones that you are still waiting to see come to life?   Let's...
Hands down for sure 100% is a few black Greasepaint Sticks!!!!!!!!! I ADORE those and my old ones were either all used up or went bad. I bet the new version won't go off as fast, thankfully. One of my most favorite eye liner - doesn't smudge or budge at all, even in the waterline, can do a smoky eye so easily, etc.
The fluidlines this year were just bananas! Black Ivy is perfection. I bet it looks fantastic on you. Our Secret and Nightshade have gotten tons of use for me - perfect hazy colors to bring out my green eyes. Total daily use go-to colors. Phlox Garden and Sassy Moss are just totally adorable. Very glad I backed them up. I've wound up using Copperthorn way more than I would have expected too! It's Physical got put away mostly for the summer but it's time to bring it back...
IF this type of very grayish taupe color really floats your boat, they were quite different. But they're different the way different reds are different, so it's more a matter of degree than "Wow two totally different colors". I think VGR2 will be more flattering on medium skin tones than Icon, but pale and dark skin tones could pull either off equally. If this is a weird color to you or if frosts are hard for you to stomach, you might hate them both! I guess if anyone is...
I've said it before - the lipglass is for everyone who loves beautiful gloss. I don't even understand T's poor rating. MAC never mentions sheer vs. opaque in its color descriptions of standard products. One look at the tube is enough for it to be obvious it'll be sheer and why would anyone want it any other way. If someone's not a gloss person, that I understand, but if you are OK with gloss even a little, you're going to take one look at this and swoon. It doesn't do much...
I love it - I had a chance to compare Icon and VG Riri 2. Icon is about two steps lighter and is more of a straight brown shade, without as much purplish undertone. I didn't find VGRR2 difficult to wear, but it's pretty dramatic for NC15. Icon is a color I could wear in most daytime situations, but VGRR2 would be for dressier situations on me. It's not vampy level dark, though. Good color to accentuate green eyes, that's for sure. It's going to be an amazing modern nude on...
I talked about this a bunch, as a matter of fact. It stays really well and doesn't flake off at all, BUT ONLY if you sweep it on in one swipe and don't go back over it to blend AT ALL. Don't even use a soft brush either, because that'll sort of blend it automatically while you apply. If you go in one straight line and then let it set, it will stay on like iron and not even have fall out. So far, I only use it in a line along the lower lid and/or in the inner eyes. I didn't...
I haven't been online much, so just catching up with this thread. This collection is just my style! Marsh didn't work for my coloring, but everything else has been great. I particularly love Breaking Ground CCB, De-Nude lipglass and Next to Skin (perfect contour color for me, and very easy to use). 'Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
I love Aphrodite's Shell too, but my absolute favorite is Lush Light Bronze Careblend bronzer - it's been more than 3 years now since that came out…I can't believe it. I hope that comes back some day. Mine's getting very worn down.