or Connect

Posts by liba

Simple solution: go check everything out in person when it comes out. I don't think this collection is going to have the first day stampede factor in stores the way some others have had.
Runaway Red is still my top favorite!
At least Mehr is perm, in an emergency.   It'll turn up - I'm usually super careful about not letting my favorites out of the house. I just want to wear it right now, though!
 SJ is very tasteful! It's RED for sure, but classy, fresh and modern looking!That looks just gorgeous on you! I hope you wear it all the time!!I was trying to find my tube tonight and it's not where I was expecting it to be  Gonna have to go through various purses and random makeup bags tomorrow  It looks a little bit darker on me, but that's no surprise since I'm NC15. There were so many damn reds in 2014 from MAC, but SJ is #1 (Mangrove is #2 and Salon Rouge and 5 Alarm...
The purple part indeed just makes it more cool toned. It's too sheer to just pick the purple side and get purple blush. It's a very pretty, very pastel pink that is nicely sheer and not powdery. AB and Sakura are my only two blushes in this shade, since Full of Joy was way too powdery and chalky for my taste. If you want something more purple, the only MAC option is Evening Stroll Casual Color, and even that isn't purple, but more of a mauve on the cheeks.  Purple blush...
T's photo of SJ is a little off - it's not really as light or bright in person. It's got this sort of glowing color so that it's deeper by a few steps than her photo, but it's also vibrant, so you see that lighter effect as depth of color as the light hits your face. In her photo, the bright studio lights wash out the generally deeper effect and only bring out the brightness. Karen's full face photo is more accurate overall.
BBQ is brighter and Spring-ier than SJ, so there's that to consider. SJ is a really unusual red. If you wear red a lot, I don't think $26 would be a terrible price for it, but if you're not sure, reds are so dependent on a person's unique skin tone that I would hold off if you haven't tried it in person before and just get BBQ or wait for SJ to be repromoted.
 I'm actually considering skipping Ripe Peach  I didn't buy it when it first came out, mostly because back then I was still a little iffy about coral blush on my skin tone. I bought AB instead and have used it a TON. It's an excellent pastel pink blush with a twist. Then I bought Ocean City and between that and some others like Modern Mandarin, Immortal Flower, etc. I'm not sure if Ripe Peach will be different enough to justify. I am for sure going to be bringing a bunch...
Temptalia hasn't been that color accurate for a number of collections - her lighting is just too strong or something. I have a sneaking feeling that these lipsticks aren't going to look as similar in real life than in photos, but I haven't had a chance to see the collection yet. Hopefully next week! I'm going to have to be firm with myself and only get the one red that looks the absolute best of the bunch on me, because I honestly have too many reds to justify already,...
My lipglasses have all been doing OK, the newer ones and the older ones. One thing I am SUPER careful about is I either try not to use the applicator (just dab from the applicator onto a lip brush), or if I have to use the applicator directly on my lips, I immediately clean it off until it's perfectly clean again. I've found this is extra-important if I have lipstick on already. I used to clean them with tissues, but I've noticed that tissues don't work as well with my...