or Connect

Posts by liba

I've only backed up 3 eye shadows ever: Dark Dare EDES, Blacklit Electric Cool and Artificial Earth!
Soft Talkin' is warmer for sure and Touché is lighter, if I recall correctly, BUT my Touché has been MIA and I haven't had time to go hunt for it. On me, Soft Talkin' is pretty much what the promo picture lippie looks like, just a bit less straight brown.
I joke around about my crone-yness and elderly status all the time. Honestly, I think it's kind of hilarious that I'm at the age where a chunk of society will already consider me old. I'm glad I'm not my younger self for sure. I still like to look my best, though  Forbidden Sunrise is fabulous! I need a little lip liner with it, but I can rock it otherwise!  Not a ton of them, but probably more than I ought to have . I was going to hold off on the Toledo reds because I...
Oxblood is great, but Runway Hit, which is coming back out next month, is very similar (better, imo, since it's more apricot). You could turn RH into Oxblood pretty easily with a light rosy pink lip pencil underneath.
I've never bought it - never cared for it much. It was more the texture I don't like, as opposed to the color, although I felt it was a little unnatural for me. I'm interested in Golden Rinse, because a pinker or redder bronzer always looks more natural on me, but right now I have a few bronzers I already love to death, like the Brooke Shields one, last year's Aphrodite's Shell and Lush Light Bronze from a few years ago, so this one will have to really blow me away before...
Bare Hug looks like a soft pale rose pink on me too. So pretty.
Well, as I figured, it's hard to take a good, accurate photo of any of these…but I made a valiant effort and this is Play It Soft about as accurately as I can manage on a cloudy day:   It's somewhat brighter than this in person and has a more opaque effect. I knew this one was going to be one of my favorites, and so it is. I'll try to post some others, but so far this, Bare Hug and I'm In are the ones I'll use the most, day to day. Love Feeling is so cute, though...
Don't feel bad about skipping Steam Heat. Im like you - some reds make me look terribad, like an old crone. The right ones look fantastic, but I have to be really choosy and always try them in person first. I'm also NC15, I guess it comes with the territory. Hipness is cute, but I never bought it in the past - again, not a show-stopper for NC15 and also a little powdery (at least in past versions).  Enjoy the things you're getting and feel better soon. When they can get...
Dark Dare extra dimension is THE best black shadow I own. You can do it sheer or opaque and apply it wet or dry for different effects. It's great it's been brought back as perm.
They definitely cover up a multitude of sins. Plus they're quite moisturizing too. I got quite a few from the last collection, but I definitely preferred the softer colors in the formula to the brights and jewel tones. Fresh & Frisky, Touché and Out For Passion were my favorites from the last collection. I'm In, Play It Soft and Soft Talking are probably going to be my favorites from this one. Flaming Lips and I'm Game might be nice too. Last collection, Temptalia's photos...