or Connect

Posts by liba

I love Careblend too. I got it when it first came out and it knocked MSFN out of the running for me. It's still the only powder that stays feeling light without a "coated" feeling all day, even after touch ups. Gives me enough coverage for casual needs and has a lovely finish that never looks dry.   Other perm MAC I keep going back to includes Superslick liner (the black and the dark grey) - I love the black patent look and that is a perfect grey for me, especially with...
Sweet Pixie, you are strong! I know you will conquer whatever you need to and look great the whole time you are taking care of business!!! We're all here for you for whenever you need, like you've been here for us with your tons of love, encouragement and positivity!! 
I just stick to one brand to keep things simple. I've always preferred MAC overall, since when they opened their first store in L.A. - best combo of price and fashion forward concepts. It used to be all the really high end brands were much, much more conservative about the colors and products they offered, with maybe one really cool and unusual thing sprinkled in there every year or so, while MAC and then UD were really pushing the envelope. Now, Chanel and a few other...
I mostly have EDBs and MBs, with much fewer standard blushes. I also have more bright and/or strongly pigmented blushes, since I'm much more picky about neutral blushes and their texture. Thankfully, I'm pretty picky about blush just in general.  I do have a feeling I may eventually just face facts and ditch my older blushes in favor of newer ones, if they're all going to be like Cheeky Bugger and the Moody Blooms pink one going forward, because they are SERIOUSLY a giant...
You're lucky to have a store nearby so it's easy to try things on first. That's seriously the best way. I always buy in-store, and have gone only to the same store for years and that really pays off…everyone knows me and takes really great care of me and getting LE products is never a problem, since they know they can count on me to buy everything I say I want and will do stuff like wait to get my things until after the release, if it'd help the store's sales figures for...
So, I'm not on a strict low buy, but I'm getting to the point with my collection where it's time to be very smart about what to get going forward.   MAC's been improving certain products lately, like light colored standard blush, that I used to easily avoid, because I never liked the texture. Well, now the texture issues I had have been fixed and I can see myself wanting to buy new blushes that I already have similar ones in other formulas. For example, I always loved...
If you don't like how mattes turn out on you or how they're hard on your lips, why even consider getting the whole collection? Maybe just get the one or two colors that you'd wear, even though they're matte? If you can shop in person, you may be able to really cut down on Artificially Wild, since trying on a bunch of nudes back to back, you can really see which would really work and which are just so-so.  Same goes for every collection, really, but nudes in particular can...
I spent many years not buying makeup. There were a few things that stand out to me that I did then vs. today, where I buy MAC, but also don't buy from any other brands, except once in a blue moon, when there's something beyond unique and amazing. First off, back then, I did NOT follow makeup news and upcoming collection info. It was easier not to, since the internet wasn't around or hadn't yet become a place with lots of blogs and sites that released press photos, etc....
Hi Debbs, That's fantastic you have sisters to send your rejects off to - it keeps it in the family, so to speak!  How do you feel about your organization situation? Do you feel like when you pull open a drawer to pick out a blush, do you love seeing everything laid out or do you get a pang, like "Wow, there is too much here"? I ask because just taking a look at what you have, I've got fewer blushes that you do and the only way I can deal with them so that I can grab one...
Hugs to you, PT. Having had a lot of health issues the past few years myself, I actually went out of my way to wear some makeup, since it felt like something I could take charge of to make my day a little more fun, plus pep me up when I was feeling sick or worn out looking. So there's that side of it, and a good excuse to wear all of your things. If you feel like your makeup just comes off as too dramatic for what you're wearing around the house, pare it down a bit and...