Armani Discussion

ahoythere

Thanks for my warm welcome ladies!!! I kind of stopped posting in the MAC threads as I lost my zeal for the products (and couldn't keep up with the sheer volume of posts!), it's nice to be part of a calmer thread

Medgal07

I kind of stopped posting in the MAC threads as I lost my zeal for the products (and couldn't keep up with the sheer volume of posts!), it's nice to be part of a calmer thread
iagree.gif

starletta8

I think I may be the last idiot on earth who can't figure out any of the fluid sheers or liquid bronzers, blushes, etc.

Sigh.

Then again, maybe my wallet is better?

Contemplating making my first ETK Intense shadow purchase from Sephora before the sale is over.

DLuxJessica

I think I may be the last idiot on earth who can't figure out any of the fluid sheers or liquid bronzers, blushes, etc.

Sigh.

Then again, maybe my wallet is better?

Contemplating making my first ETK Intense shadow purchase from Sephora before the sale is over.
I'm brand new to the fluid sheer thing, myself. I got #6, which is a GORGEOUS coral sort of color. After I put on my foundation, I put less than half a pump of the FS on the back of my hand, pick it up w/ a dense little brush (I like the Expert Face brush by Real Techniques) and buff it into my cheeks. If I get a little too... exuberant with my application, I just buff a little foundation right back over the top. I skip powdering that part of my face (I use MSFN powder on my t-zone), and if I want to add a little more sheen, I use EL Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelee lightly over the top of the fluid sheer.
I've also used the FS on my lips, just patting it in with my finger like a stain, and then topping it with a sheer lipstick. Again, I used #6 FS, and then the lipstick I used is... some gold thing from Bobbi Brown... I think it was part of the holiday collection?

I have no idea if this helps at all... but I have to say, the fluid sheers could be quite easy to get addicted to!
smiles.gif

Icecaramellatte

Hello Lovelies! Today for pretty much the first time I wandered away from the MAC counter and purchased my first Armani lipsticks. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MAGIC!!!!!! I have the driest and most unforgiving lips and almost never bother to wear anything but gloss because it all just ends up caked in the cracks......but the second I tried on the first Armani lippie I was like YASSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE MORE OF THIS!!!!! I was good and only walked away with 2 (Garconne Fatale and R dA 601 Sheer plum), but I know I'll be back for more! Especially since they have a really good handle on the whole Plum thing (that most other company F up by adding too much warmth).

Anyway just wanted to pop in since I know I'll be around a bit more from now on.
eyelove.gif
I have Garconne Fatale but I've been wearing #600 practically all last week. I will look into 601.

Monsy

Bloomies on 59th street instagram has been posting about the maestro summer and I asked if they had the other shades in and they said not yet. I did see a pre- or back order on Neiman Marcus for the two new shades. So I think it will be out soon.

I think I would gladly get lighter shade!

Icecaramellatte

My Armani counter's IG said they had the summer bronzer in all shades in and some new lipsticks. I hadn't heard of any new lipsticks. Was that posted here? If so I missed it. Well they also mentioned some point bonus so of course I had to stop by. Well they had the bronzers and lipsticks and the new fluid sheers. The MA said #14 and up was new. or was it 13? I think there were about 4 or 5 new ones. I thought someone mentioned in this thread more than that coming. Well I saw 2 I liked. Actually I liked all of them.

I bought:
-Maestro liquid summer in 110 - the darkest
-Fluid Sheer #14
-Fluid Sheer #18
-Rouge D'Armani Sheers in Rouge #403
-Rouge D'Armani Sheers in Pink #512

There were about 6 Rouge D'Armani Sheers lipsticks. I liked at least 2 more. I didn't try any on the lips but swatched them on the hand. The #512 was a plum shade and it reminded me a whole lot of my favorite Armani lipgloss so I had to get it. They also had the expensive creme d'nude. Is that what it's called? I don't recall. I forgot to ask for a sample of that. I will next time.

Edit - Oh and I didn't even try on the liquid summer. The SA watched it and so did I. I really liked the formula of the other one so I hope this is a good match. It looks pretty dark though but I put way to much on my hand and I wasn't about to mess up my makeover look by putting it on my face.

Monsy

Liquid summer in darker and lighter color is up online. I would love to order 90 but can't find any comparison swatches to 100

laurennnxox

eyelove.gif
picked up the sun fabric in 100 today. Would have never thought to swatch it, until I heard a certain miss (ahem, Monsy...) rave about it. I'm in loooove! Thanks for the suggestion. It's perfect!

Also walked away with like 6 samples of all different types of foundation in a couple of different shades.
girlhaha.gif
Hope I find one I like.

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
picked up the sun fabric in 100 today. Would have never thought to swatch it, until I heard a certain miss (ahem, Monsy...) rave about it. I'm in loooove! Thanks for the suggestion. It's perfect!

Also walked away with like 6 samples of all different types of foundation in a couple of different shades.
girlhaha.gif
Hope I find one I like.
girlhaha.gif
Glad you're loving SF 100----hope you find a good foundation match!!!

Monsy

:eyelove:  picked up the sun fabric in 100 today.  Would have never thought to swatch it, until I heard a certain miss (ahem, Monsy...) rave about it. I'm in loooove! Thanks for the suggestion. It's perfect!  Also walked away with like 6 samples of all different types of foundation in a couple of different shades. :haha:  Hope I find one I like. 
Yessssss so happy to hear this

laurennnxox

I'm rather new to armani. How are you all liking the fluid sheers? Particularly ones that are more for subtle highlighting and mixing into foundations (for my skin, likely 2, 7, etc.) I can't decide if I should get a FS, or a liquid Becca illuminator, or Kevyn Aucoin's liquid celestial one. So many options!
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts