Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, got to swatch these yesterday. They are VERY sheer, but the SA at my counter says that they last really well. It didn't seem like they would, but I thought that about the Armani glosses and those hang on forever. All three plum shades are to die for (although the differences between 600 and 601 seem fairly minor). The brightest pink shade is actually the most pigmented of any of the colours, while the reds (which I normally expect to be bold) are the sheerest. They are more like a nicely tinted balm than a lipstick, but I'm still eager to try them out.

Ingenue

FYI, got to swatch these yesterday. They are VERY sheer, but the SA at my counter says that they last really well. It didn't seem like they would, but I thought that about the Armani glosses and those hang on forever. All three plum shades are to die for (although the differences between 600 and 601 seem fairly minor). The brightest pink shade is actually the most pigmented of any of the colours, while the reds (which I normally expect to be bold) are the sheerest. They are more like a nicely tinted balm than a lipstick, but I'm still eager to try them out.
Katred, they swatch a LOT better on the lips, and the pigment gets deeper with wear. They are nearly invisible on the hand or arm. I have no idea why that is. I ended up with Coral 300, and Pink 500. Both are VERY pigmented on the lips. But I hardly saw any color when I swatched them on my arm in the store.

What caused me to buy them is that when I wiped the lipstick off with a tissue, the color was VERY vivid. Made me think it would transfer differently on the lips, and it did.

Coral 300

Pink 500

The Coral 300 goes even deeper. That's a very light swatch. When I started wearing it regularly, I went heavier... and the color deepened to a lovely bright orange.

I love them.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks Ingenue! That's good to know. Certainly, those look much deeper than the impression I had. Now I'm even more eager to get them.

Ingenue

You're welcome. I would have never given them a chance based on my arm swatches. They basically looked like vaseline on my arm.
lol.gif

cutemiauw

The coral looks so lovely
eyelove.gif
. I'd love to try it out and (most likely) get it! Thanks for the lip swatch, Ingenue :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up my first Sheer the other day. I went for Black Laquer, which is a perfect Spring purple. It definitely adds colour and looks beautifully slick when applied. Then it sets to a stain that looks like you've been drinking grape juice... but prettier. Definitely won't be my last. I want virtually every colour, I swear. One thing I noticed, as the colour set- if I was thirsty/ dehydrated, it started to feel tight on my lips, but once I had a glass of water I was find again. It's like my lips shrunk underneath the plump film of the lipstick. I find when it sets, it's just the faintest bit tacky, but feels really nice. It also reapplies easily and evenly, so you don't have to wipe everything off and start from scratch.

My SA also gave me a bunch of samples to try of skin care and of their primer and Luminous Silk foundation. OMG. I'm trying the primer and foundation today and I am FLOORED. I practically fainted when I saw my skin with just the primer on, because it looked like I was already wearing foundation. It completely smoothed out my pores and made my skin look even-toned and silky all over. Then I applied the foundation and I'm in love. Seriously, I'd always worried this formula would be too shiny on me, but it really does look like silk. The colour isn't a perfect match- she only had 3.75, which is a bit too dark- but it's close enough that I can get a good impression of how it would look. I think I'm going to have to go back and get this one in the perfect shade, because this could be my HG foundation.

shontay07108

I bought a lip sheer today. I got #300, Coral. Love it. It's a buildable, silky color. So pretty and perfect for Summer. I was looking at it in store fearful it wouldn't show on my pigmented lips, but that's not a problem. I need to check out the other shades and see if something catches my eye. I was on a mission to check out a coral b/c that's always what I go to first.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Swatches and review of the out of my price range eye shadow palette for Summer:

http://www.fruitylashes.com/giorgio-armani-beauty-summer-2012-ecailles-eye-palette-luxury-edition-swatch-and-review-11079/

Nik88

Thanks for sharing katred, looks so pretty but nothing special enough inside to make it a need in my life

Ingenue

I bought a lip sheer today. I got #300, Coral. Love it. It's a buildable, silky color. So pretty and perfect for Summer. I was looking at it in store fearful it wouldn't show on my pigmented lips, but that's not a problem. I need to check out the other shades and see if something catches my eye. I was on a mission to check out a coral b/c that's always what I go to first.
It's AWESOME right? I love Coral 300 (which is not really coral at all to me. It's more of a sheer vivid orange).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a photo of me wearing Black Lacquer:

I'm in purple heaven. Unlike 600 & 601, which are definitely more plum (more red-toned- and still gorgeous), this one is purple. Absolute love.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Also found this... She says that there are NINE new EtK shadows coming. We know four of them through the summer collection, but now there are going to be five more??? Somebody hide my wallet...

Miss QQ

katred - BL looks so pretty on you! After reading what you said about the primer and foundation, I want to try them so badly. I also like the new lipsticks and the ETK. Too bad there is no Armani here and I am unclear where else in Asia I can find it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much ladies! I'm forcing myself to wait before I go back and get more. If cash weren't an issue, I swear I'd buy all of them...

I just realised I forgot to post the link to the blog that said there were 9 new EtK shadows. Now, of course, I can't find it again. However, I also can't find anyone else saying there are 9, so it looks to be just the 4 we already know about (2 of which will be permanent).

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SWATCHES!!!!! Armani's collections always seem to come later than everyone else's...

FYI, I did a smoky-eyed look with the Greige d'Armani lip gloss earlier this week and I really love how it looks on. You can see it here:

making faces :: smoky-eyed saturday

As strange as it looks in the tube, I find it works very well on the lips.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Don't know how I missed this, since it's been up for weeks. Swatches of the regular palette, two of the EtK shadows (drool) and one of the glosses:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/03/armani-summer-2012-ecailles-swatches.html

Miss QQ

katred - Gorgeous look! Those colours suit you very well. The lipglosss looks strange in the tube but so pretty on you.

Winthrop44

I agree with Miss QQ! And thanks for all the great info and links katred. I was just thinking about the new sheers last night and wondered if you had looked into them and you didn't disappoint! lol I will have to try a couple now.

shontay07108

I bought my first Eyes to Kill shadow today. I spotted the new shades at Neiman Marcus. I got Obsidian Black #20. It's gorgeous. It reminds me of Mac's Deep Blue Green pigment (my favorite). It's so pigmented and buttery smooth. I might go back for the silver shade (and maybe even more).

Latest posts