Armani Discussion

JerseyGirl

Hi I am new here - can someone please let me know which of the Armani Eye Tints are violet/purple in color? I am specifically looking at #7 Shadow but have read reviews that this color is more silver than violet. Does anyone have Sunset? I think that is violet/purple as well but have read that it applies patchy and not as well as the first release. I much prefer the Armani Eye Tint formula to LM Caviar Sticks but am looking for the color closest to Laura Mercier Amethyst Caviar Stick but slightly darker than Amethyst. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a counter nearby to make the comparison? I wasn't crazy about the colors I ordered online. They are great quality and nice colors but not easy for me to wear. #7 definitely has purple in it but it has so much shimmer that it looks shiny and silvery at some angles, if that makes sense. I don't have the LM caviar stick to compare. I tried to take a picture with my phone but the color is off, it's more purple IRL.

Salberg7

Yes I went to Nordstrom but they didn't have a #7 tester, so I spoke with the SA and she said if it was too silver I could return it, thus I bought #7 and will use it today. I am glad you said it was more purple! Also picked up the Silk E/L pencil in #12 as I have read good reviews and wanted a black/brown. Chanel Stylo's tug too much - I tried Chanel Expresso but had to return it for that reason. Thank you.

Last edited:

Salberg7

Re: the Summer Smokey Nude Eye Tints - I have been searching for swatches of these forever with no luck. That post you cited and some backstage Armani show Instagram link was the only sites I have seen them. The link says on counters in June 2016 but they are not in the US - maybe Euro exclusive? They look interesting.

Icecaramellatte

Re: the Summer Smokey Nude Eye Tints - I have been searching for swatches of these forever with no luck. That post you cited and some backstage Armani show Instagram link was the only sites I have seen them. The link says on counters in June 2016 but they are not in the US - maybe Euro exclusive? They look interesting.

Bloomies @ 59th street had on their Instagram that they have them in stock now.

peanut

Bloomies @ 59th street had on their Instagram that they have them in stock now.

I saw them online on Nordstrom and Sephora. I've been so excited for these!! Couldn't find swatches either but ended up ordering 21, 22, and 23. I rationalized it by telling myself I need all of them because of my advanced age. lol!

Icecaramellatte

I saw them online on Nordstrom and Sephora. I've been so excited for these!! Couldn't find swatches either but ended up ordering 21, 22, and 23. I rationalized it by telling myself I need all of them because of my advanced age. lol!

Really? I'll go check out the pics. I didn't worry about jumping on these right away as I still have yet to wear the gray one I got. Grays just aren't my go to. I will soon though. You may have a time finding swatches. There usually isn't much on Armani. I'll search Instagram and let you know if I see any.

peanut

Not swatches but this was all I could find pic wise. I found one where the someone was wearing the colors but she added a shimmer shade to the look so . . . she does list the name of the color on the lower lash line.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHKMjrnhXS-/?tagged=eyetint
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGz00xvQ9W4/?tagged=eyetint
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGeLGtsoItr/?tagged=eyetint

Thank you so much for finding these!! These links are so helpful! I have a far better idea of what they look like. I can see now that I should have ordered Leather Smoke #20. OK, so maybe I'll just put it in my cart and ponder it awhile...

peanut

does this look like new crema nuda product??

Took some pics today. I couldn't get all the #
View attachment 55155
View attachment 55156
Third from left is # 21 and the bottom one is # 22

Swatches!! Thank you so much for posting these! These are the only swatches I've seen so far. Now I want the lightest shade as well to use as a base. I'm a little hesitant about the greenish shade but it could look wonderful paired with another color.

peanut

does this look like new crema nuda product??

Nice find! I wonder if it will be the same product as in the jar or a slightly different version. Love the whole idea of a bottle instead of a jar (and maybe a lower price, but one can only dream).

Salberg7

Thank you very, very much for those swatches! I have been scouting them since I first read about the smokey nudes months ago.
Now to find them in the DC/NOVA area. The plum shade looks awesome. Heck, the 2nd & 5th color too! Wondering why Sephora doesn't have them yet...maybe for Fall.
Really appreciate those swatches. I am in love with their Eye Tints. Thought I was enamoured with Armank ETK little pots when they were released but the Eye Tints are the bomb!

Salberg7

OMG they are on the Sephora website! I am doomed! Don't know how I missed them!
Now I will be on the alert for an awesome VIB offer and nab one then.
Yay! So glad I checked here!
Does anyone know if they are LE? They are perfect autumn/winter colors.
Can't thank you enough for those swatches. Haven't found any on the net. One looks like a smokey khaki, which is lovely. I am NC25 and looks like all of these are warm.
BTW to piggyback on my first post, I did purchase #7 & it is more purple than silver, and am very happy with it.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

Yes I went to Nordstrom but they didn't have a #7 tester, so I spoke with the SA and she said if it was too silver I could return it, thus I bought #7 and will use it today. I am glad you said it was more purple! Also picked up the Silk E/L pencil in #12 as I have read good reviews and wanted a black/brown. Chanel Stylo's tug too much - I tried Chanel Expresso but had to return it for that reason. Thank you.

I have only one E/L from Armani and it applies nicely, no tugging.

JerseyGirl

OMG they are on the Sephora website! I am doomed! Don't know how I missed them!
Now I will be on the alert for an awesome VIB offer and nab one then.
Yay! So glad I checked here!
Does anyone know if they are LE? They are perfect autumn/winter colors.
Can't thank you enough for those swatches. Haven't found any on the net. One looks like a smokey khaki, which is lovely. I am NC25 and looks like all of these are warm.
BTW to piggyback on my first post, I did purchase #7 & it is more purple than silver, and am very happy with it.

Glad you like the eye tint! I think I'm going to try one these matte ones too. Maybe if I combine it with one of the shimmery ones I have it could work.

Latest posts