Glycol Exfoliant

Piarpreet

Apparently Glycol exfoliants are pretty damn awesome to "fight agaisnt aging signs"! But I can't seem to find one :(

Anybody know of any that aren't too expensive?

BrawnShuga

Sorry if this response is a little too late! But if you are referring to the glycolic acid peels/ exfoliants a really great - close to professional - quality product which I personally use is by Makeup Artists Choice http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/. And this is coming from someone who has spent $$$ from La Mer Serums to Caudalie masks and Obagi facials, I have tried it all! Their peels (I use the 50% glycolic on a weekly basis & TCA once every 3 months ) are AMAZING and extremely affordable! Hope this was helpful..

Piarpreet

thanx! would u know a cream oil free with peptides???

Sorry if this response is a little too late! But if you are referring to the glycolic acid peels/ exfoliants a really great - close to professional - quality product which I personally use is by Makeup Artists Choice http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/. And this is coming from someone who has spent $$$ from La Mer Serums to Caudalie masks and Obagi facials, I have tried it all! Their peels (I use the 50% glycolic on a weekly basis & TCA once every 3 months ) are AMAZING and extremely affordable! Hope this was helpful..

Mac-Guy

Apparently Glycol exfoliants are pretty damn awesome to "fight agaisnt aging signs"! But I can't seem to find one :(

Anybody know of any that aren't too expensive?

All the drug store ones disappeared a few years ago, maybe in 2007? I'm sure there were some health concerns as some of the products were quite aggressive (especially if used incorrectly). Maybe you can still find similar products at beauty stores like Sally's. Let us know what you find out.

BrawnShuga

I know of a few skincare lines like Dr. Perricone (Neuropeptide series used at night), and Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Intensive Anti-aging cellular that have Peptide as their main ingredient but is really pricey. Also Kate Somerville. Peptides tend to be found more in neck creams and serums/treatments (Philosophy Peptide capsules) as active ingredients rather than face creams.

I'm really interested in trying the glycolic acid peels at home.I have had them professionally done in the past but never attempted them myself. Do you have any recommendations for someone just starting out?

BrawnShuga

I would definitely suggest the Makeup Artist Choice products, http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/catalog/Glycolic_Acids-20-1.html and even though you mentioned earlier that you have had them done before professionally I would start with a 30% Glycolic peel and move up gradually. They are extremely affordable and safe to use. Make sure you follow instructions tho! I sometimes used to get cystic painful acne, and the peels have completely gotten rid of them. Great addition to my skincare regimen...and the 1oz bottle literally lasts me months. Let me know what you think! :)

Thank you! I was going to ask you about your skin in your brow post :) It's flawless! What products do you use?
As for the peel do you recommend buying the prep & the soother? I see the prep is included with purchase .I'm just wondering if I should purchase the soother..Is it necessary?

Thanks so much for your help! < 3

BrawnShuga

Your welcome! :) I did infact purchase the PH prep and aloe soother but I use it mostly with my TCA Peel. If you have sensitive skin and are new to glycolic/chemical peels then I would consider it a staple in your procedure atleast until your skin gets used to the strength...but again that is up to you to purchase.

As for my daily skincare -

1. AM/PM DDF Glycolic Exfoliating facial wash
2. AM/PM Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum.
3. AM/PM Estee Lauder Advanced Repair Eye serum
4. AM NARS Balancing moisture lotion. PM NARS Aqua Gel Hydrator.

Once a week I give myself a 50% Glycolic Peel, and once every 3 months I do a TCA Peel.

I know it seems overwhelming, but the replenishment time frame is 6-7 months (except for my facial wash which I repurchase once every 3 months). It took me a long time to find what works for my dry cystic prone skin and once I did it was all about consistency, and 6-7 months is just enough time for my skin to adjust and 'get used to the products' where it no longer has any effect on my skin - then I switch it up abit. Main ingredients I look for in my treatments that work for me is Glycolic, and Hylauronic Acid. I will be making a tutorial on my skincare regimen soon! Hope this helped!

Hey Shuga!
I finally started using the glycolic acid peel from MUAC and omg do I LOVE it! I got it in 30% to start like you recomended. I actually ordered lactic acid peel too and I used that first. I used it twice. I liked it but the results weren't as drastic as I would have liked. So, I have used the glycolic twice now. I started out @ 2 mins. I felt a slight tingle and warming sensation.Felt fine. I actually had a little bit of peeling on my nose for a couple days after. The next time I did 4 minutes. No bad reactions at all and I'm so pleased with the results so far!! My skin is staying so clear :) no breakouts,my pores are smaller and any hyper pigmentation is fading.
My questions for you are how long do you keep it on your face? Did you work up on the time? I'm just wondering if I'm getting the most out of it. Since my skin is not burning or anything at 4 mins do you think I could safely keep it on for longer? How long did you stay @ the 30% before moving up to 50%? I'm also really interested in the TCA peels. Can you share any info on them? What percentage did you start with,results,etc? I would really appreciate it!
Thanks Doll!

Your welcome! :) I did infact purchase the PH prep and aloe soother but I use it mostly with my TCA Peel. If you have sensitive skin and are new to glycolic/chemical peels then I would consider it a staple in your procedure atleast until your skin gets used to the strength...but again that is up to you to purchase.

As for my daily skincare -

1. AM/PM DDF Glycolic Exfoliating facial wash
2. AM/PM Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum.
3. AM/PM Estee Lauder Advanced Repair Eye serum
4. AM NARS Balancing moisture lotion. PM NARS Aqua Gel Hydrator.

Once a week I give myself a 50% Glycolic Peel, and once every 3 months I do a TCA Peel.

I know it seems overwhelming, but the replenishment time frame is 6-7 months (except for my facial wash which I repurchase once every 3 months). It took me a long time to find what works for my dry cystic prone skin and once I did it was all about consistency, and 6-7 months is just enough time for my skin to adjust and 'get used to the products' where it no longer has any effect on my skin - then I switch it up abit. Main ingredients I look for in my treatments that work for me is Glycolic, and Hylauronic Acid. I will be making a tutorial on my skincare regimen soon! Hope this helped!

BrawnShuga

Hey girl!

I am so happy to hear that the peel worked out for you! To answer your question I am currently at 50% Glycolic Peel with 5 minutes per week. I have almost half a bottle left of that and I think I will continue to use it with the rest of my regimen since I feel that I dont really necessarily need a higher percentage. I have used the TCA Peel once, about 6 months ago, and I will use it one more time once I am done with my pregnancy. TCA Peels are deep peels, so for a week your face goes through a literal skin peel, you cannot wear makeup, its suggested to avoid sunlight, and if you dont then SPF is more than required. I am not sure what your skin concern is, but this is designed more for of a hyper-pigmented skin/i.e extreme discoloration, burn marks, scarring. It is recommended to use the peel once every 4-5 months depending on your concern ofcourse, but definately start up at a really low % and follow directions that they come with because it is extremely powerful. The main ingredient in it is Tricloracetic Acid which is used in the Blue peel belonging to Obagi - not sure if you know about that line, its amazing but a peel by them has to be conducted in a clinic under doctor supervision and costs about $400.
Let me know if there was anything else that I missed out and you needed more information on! You will be so impressed with the results trust me! Good luck :)

Latest posts