Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Ladychris11

I really love the packaging. I think they're nothing like YSL which looks elegant a while then absorbs all the fingerprints. Tom Ford is indeed more luxe, but also more convenient as it is less heavier, but more sturdy, and really really elegant with the black which isn't fingerprint resistant but not as noticable. But of course, best packaging ever for me would still ne Chanel Rouge Allure, even more so than Guerlain's lipsticks. I think I want Narcotic Rouge. Is it Limited Edition, though?

Haven

I also find the lipsticks a little drying, but then I find almost all ls drying. I apply a primer or balm before the ls, and that seems to help a lot. Plus the colors last for a very long time on my lips compared to other high end brands.
Has anyone seen/bought any of the new reds? They look beautiful on Karen from makeupandbeautyblog.
I bought all four. With these and the MAC MM ls, I am pretty much set for reds for a long time. I have to say that I love all of them. Yes I know that I am no help. LOL I have been wearing Diabolique and Narcotic the most.

Ladychris11

^ thanks for that! I'll be buying Narcotic sometime soon. I just hope that by the time I finish sorting my orders, it will still be available! *sigh* Sucks that Tom Ford isn't available in my country. :(

katred

Specktra Bestie
Reviews of Narcotic:

http://shahadakarim.blogspot.ca/2012/12/lip-service-tom-ford-narcotic-rouge.html

And Diabolique:

http://shahadakarim.blogspot.ca/2012/12/lip-service-tom-ford-narcotic-rouge.html

Both look pretty stunning. Seriously hope we get them here.

Ladychris11

Reviews of Narcotic:

And Diabolique:

Both look pretty stunning. Seriously hope we get them here.
absolutely stunning on her! so excited for when I order Narcotic. My bf still hasn't decided on the Nordies orders yet!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Passed by the TF counter at Holt Renfrew here today and they did get the four new reds, as well as all the nail polishes.
yahoo.gif

I kind of surprised myself by buying Reckless. I figured I'd be more drawn towards the more intense colours, but something about Reckless just seemed quite different to me. One of the things that keeps me from buying more TF lipsticks is that they always seem to resemble shades I already have. For the price, I want something unique.

DILLIGAF

Passed by the TF counter at Holt Renfrew here today and they did get the four new reds, as well as all the nail polishes.
yahoo.gif

I kind of surprised myself by buying Reckless. I figured I'd be more drawn towards the more intense colours, but something about Reckless just seemed quite different to me. One of the things that keeps me from buying more TF lipsticks is that they always seem to resemble shades I already have. For the price, I want something unique.
This!

Ingenue

I agree with what Ingenue said. They're smooth, but they are not as soft as Guerlain lipsticks, for instance. I find they can be a little drying on my lips, but applying a good balm makes things better.

Thoughts?
Sorry Katred... I'm just seeing this.

I like them... but I have to be honest: they're not a must have. Diabolique is dark brownish red... not unique. Narcotic Rouge is very bright. I like it, but I have to be in the mood to wear it.

And the drying formula of the lipsticks doesn't really help matters.

My favorite red continues to be Rouge d'Armani in 400. It's perfect. Hourglass ICON runs a very close second.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sorry Katred... I'm just seeing this.
I like them... but I have to be honest: they're not a must have. Diabolique is dark brownish red... not unique. Narcotic Rouge is very bright. I like it, but I have to be in the mood to wear it.

And the drying formula of the lipsticks doesn't really help matters.

My favorite red continues to be Rouge d'Armani in 400. It's perfect. Hourglass ICON runs a very close second.
Thanks for this. Funny, I've been wondering whether or not to get Icon. I need another red lipstick like I need a hole in the head, but it does look like it lives up to its name.

In the meantime, I think that I'll limit my purchases of the "red" TF collection to Reckless. It's different enough from what I have to warrant owning. The others I think I can dupe easily enough.

Miss QQ

Hourglass pulled out from my local Sephora so too bad I can't see Icon in real now. I'm curious to see RdA 400! I will check out the reds at TF when I'm the counter, but my counter has a very small selection. We don't have the bronzer brush!

Shypo

Too bad about Hourglass! There are many items in that brand that I love, not the least of which is the primer. The eye shadow duos are amazing, but I wish they'd come out with some new ones.

I need to check out some of these reds....I have moved away from them in the last several months, but think I need to see if I can reignite my interest ;).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Too bad about Hourglass! There are many items in that brand that I love, not the least of which is the primer. The eye shadow duos are amazing, but I wish they'd come out with some new ones.

I need to check out some of these reds....I have moved away from them in the last several months, but think I need to see if I can reignite my interest ;).
Exactly. I have three of them- Prism, Suede and Exhibition- but I feel like I can dupe the others from shades I already have. It's been a few years that they've had the same six combos, so I'd like to see something new. Surely we're due at this point? They just added a few more shades to their lipstick line (which got totally lost because it happened at the same time as they launched their liquid lipsticks), so it only seems fair that we should get more shadow duos!

I haven't tried the famous primer yet, but I have fallen kind of in love with their glosses of late. I got Siren, which is incredible, then I picked up Fortune on a whim and it's become one of my favourite everyday shades.

Shypo

Oh, I did not know about the new l/s colors!! I tried the liquid lipsticks and found them to be terribly drying for me, but I loved the color of the one I bought (and subsequently returned - I cannot remember its name). I'll have to check them out - I have 2 or 3 of the 'older' line so am looking forward to seeing the new ones. I'll also have to look at the glosses - have not tried them at all!

I have the same 3 duos you have!
drinks.gif

Ladychris11

I finally got Narcotic Rouge, but will have to wait for it for 2 weeks. Hopefully its brightness would suit my complexion. :)

BluEyeDoc

Anyone know where I can get my hands on Enchanted??? Everywhere I look online is sold out, and I'm nowhere near a NM. :(

Shypo

Wow, good luck - I haven't seen it for awhile. You should be able to call Neiman's to have them track it down for you. There's also a TF store in Vegas that might have it. You're likely to have to pay for shipping if you go this route. Even though sites offer free shipping very often the stores don't. I hope you find it!!

Latest posts