Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Jennyemm

Oh ladies, I am floored with NM's customer service. I don't mean to keep talking about it! I think I will put them as my higher preference for ordering cosmetics over Nordies or Bloomingdales. Today I was emailed by Neiman's automated system about filling out a customer service survey. It asked open ended questions about my last experience. It said the surveys would be directly sent to the GM of the entire store. I never used to believe that they actually read these in detail, until I worked my last job... where the whole store would get bonuses if they could keep their survey score at like 97% positive or something like that. Soooo, I (very professionally) let it rip on the survey. Recounting the entire story and how it made me feel. But, I also included how the Cosmetics manager and the PR manager very promptly handled my concerns, and were very nice and receptive to me. I said the situation was extremely unacceptable, yet I'll keep coming back to them because their CS was on point. Within three hours, I was contacted by the General Manager. She was very nice, and extremely apologetic about the situation. I think, they are relieved to hear that I am not still enraged by the situation, and that I am not demanding things of them. While I was very furious and upset in the moment, it's just in my nature to get over things like bad customer service in a few days. She asked when I was going to be in for my makeup session with my usual SA, and when I told her... she said she's in the office and will put it on her calendar and wants to meet me! I think I'm going to be meeting with both the cosmetics manager and the GM on Thursday. I know this is probably going to sound a little insecure and silly, but, I'm really nervous about meeting them because of my age. I know I'm a paying customer, and I don't need to spend "a lot" to expect excellent customer service. Granted, I've spent quite a lot there on cosmetics. Yet, I'm a little anxious because I feel, in the back of their mind, they're going to meet me and realize I'm not their typical exorbitantly rich Boca Raton woman. I'm just a girl who really is blessed to be able to spend my hard earned money on my passion-- makeup. I know that is likely an immature way of thinking. Why should I care if they mentally judge me? I also am writing this and not sure why I am subjecting ya'll to my apprehensions about this. I guess this community is just something special, and I am so excited to share makeup passion with everyone! Anyway, they obviously treated me with respect over the phone, they know I'm a paying customer, (and a holder of their credit card) and they want to keep me around. I have the voice of a child over the phone, so I am assuming they already know I am young. I guess it's hard not to feel insecure sometimes because certain people, especially where I am from, are quick to judge that I "can't" afford nice makeup, or I have "better" things to spend my money on. I had a SA once ask me if the blush was a gift for my mom, because I look 16. I'm SO sorry for the rant and possible the over sharing of my feelings, lol. I am obviously very anxious to meet all these high ups. I'm sure they are very nice ladies, and I've spoken to them politely and respectfully, so I've given them no reason to judge me in person. DEEP BREATH! :hot:
Aww don't worry! It'll go great :D I'm also young with a young voice haha and I've definitely had the jitters before, and have worried about being taken seriously when speaking to people that don't know me. As long as you put up a confident, professional, put together persona, they will treat you as such, regardless of your age. Just enjoy yourself, and have fun!

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]Awwwww Lauren....first, a huge hug to you[/COLOR]:hug: [COLOR=0000FF]My only advice is that you be yourself.  You impress me as being a genuinely nice, intelligent young woman.  That's[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  all they need to know and I [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]think that's exactly what they'll see.  Enjoy your make up session!!![/COLOR]
Awww, you flatter me so much-- I'm gonna blush!!

laurennnxox

Aww don't worry! It'll go great :D I'm also young with a young voice haha and I've definitely had the jitters before, and have worried about being taken seriously when speaking to people that don't know me. As long as you put up a confident, professional, put together persona, they will treat you as such, regardless of your age. Just enjoy yourself, and have fun!
Thank you! That's totally how I feel! It'll hopefully be a fun and relaxing experience. I think they just want to see me in person to solidify the customer service experience and make a presence to show they care about me as a customer and that they've worked to change the sitation with the bad SA.

beauteblogueur

Hey check out this IG pic. It looks like the bottom twists off.  In other pics it looks like there is a glass bottom. https://instagram.com/p/0D1MwymtS1/?modal=true
Just like the eye primer packaging. I hope we get more info on these soon. I can't quite tell if the cream shadows are mostly repromotes or not. The one on the far left really looks like Pink Haze in other pictures, but not so much here, and the one on the far right looks a lot like the Spring shade. The brown might be Illicit or Spice? On the one hand I hope they aren't repromotes because I love the look of the powder eyeshadows, but I guess it'll be money saved if I already have the cream eyeshadows since I think don't think I can justify buying them all just for the powder part. Definitely getting the black/silver one though.

Prettypackages

But yes, NM is doing their best to rectify the bad experience though. And I won't mind telling her straight up to her face (if she's ever at the counter and my usual SA is not) that I will only buy from my usual lady. No shame!
ITA, I hope you didn't think I was bashing you for wanting her fired. Just stating my opinion. I just got a quick laugh out of how the training video would look.

laurennnxox

ITA, I hope you didn't think I was bashing you for wanting her fired.  Just stating my opinion.  I just got a quick laugh out of how the training video would look.
Oh, no not at all!! :) i was just discussing the topic further. Yes, that training video would be hilarious! :lol:

DMcG9

DEEP BREATH!
heat.gif
You know, it will be fine. Walk in with the confidence you clearly exhibited in your communications with them regarding this incident. They may see a young woman with the "voice of a child" (as you say) but they do not know anything of your financial situation. Obviously, you're a valuable customer because you buy from them regularly, you hold a store credit account with them, and stores and brands like NM and TF should be concerned with attracting and retaining their younger customers. Strictly from a business point of view, keeping your purchasing power in their realm for the years to come is the smart thing to do. On a human level, you should feel valued and not intimidated by their employees when you want to give your bank card some exercise.
Also, have fun tomorrow. It'll be interesting to hear how it all went.
lol.gif

laurennnxox

You know, it will be fine. Walk in with the confidence you clearly exhibited in your communications with them regarding this incident. They may see a young woman with the "voice of a child" (as you say) but they do not know anything of your financial situation. Obviously, you're a valuable customer because you buy from them regularly, you hold a store credit account with them, and stores and brands like NM and TF should be concerned with attracting and retaining their younger customers. Strictly from a business point of view, keeping your purchasing power in their realm for the years to come is the smart thing to do. On a human level, you should feel valued and not intimidated by their employees when you want to give your bank card some exercise.  Also, have fun tomorrow. It'll be interesting to hear how it all went. :lol:
Thanks! You're very right. It does make a lot of sense from a business standpoint. I'm really excited, now. It's really nice to see everyone so supportive of me. I'll have to take a selfie after the makeup! :lol:

ashievic

DEEP BREATH!
heat.gif
This is why I shop at Neiman's over other stores. Yes, you can purchase the same product and the exact same price at many different stores. It is the real customer service you get at Neiman's that makes the difference. You will do fine. Have s sense of humor, smile, and you will fine. Remember it is customers like us who will eventually have children, and bring them to shop for their first makeup experiences. Like my mom did with me. I have know some of the SA's since I was like 3 who work at Neiman's. You will build relationships with these people. I love no longer having to chase the TF releases or anyone else. My go to person for any line pulls, calls and magic I have it!!!! Really any other store does this??? So far, I haven't found them. Yes, some of the SA's at other stores are great. But at Neiman's it is the entire package.

ThatGaze

Lots of information about the summer collection!

http://www.reallyree.com/2015/03/tom-ford-summer-2015-color-collection.html

Those eye duos look so good!

Winthrop44

So far I'm not sure I "need" anything but the blush from the summer collection, but I guess I'll need to see more swatches of the eye duos.

patentg33k

Thanks to this thread I started wearing my Platinum cream again. I'm not sure why I stopped reaching for it but I was probably trying to apply too much. Like Spring 2015, it's "less is more" for the application. It's a strong shimmer, so putting less than I would with another line is best for me. Also, putting a powder neutral in the crease makes it daytime friendly. It's still going strong after 8-10 hours. So I'm inclined to look at the summer creams really seriously. The formula is nice.

Also, I agree with @winthrop44--the blush is looking good to me as well for Summer '15.

Winthrop44

Also, I agree with @winthrop44--the blush is looking good to me as well for Summer '15.
I love the formula too. I'm wondering why they added "a bit more sparkle" to the cream part of these duos though since the upper level looks like it would provide all the sparkle I would ever want, and then some.
th_thstars.gif

Maybe it's more like giving us 2 options for sparkle, a cream or a powder...or that's how I would probably use it anyway - the cream alone or topped with the powder just above the iris on the lower lid - along with something less sparkly in the crease as you suggested. I like that idea.

patentg33k

I love the formula too. I'm wondering why they added "a bit more sparkle" to the cream part of these duos though since the upper level looks like it would provide all the sparkle I would ever want, and then some.
th_thstars.gif

Maybe it's more like giving us 2 options for sparkle, a cream or a powder...or that's how I would probably use it anyway - the cream alone or topped with the powder just above the iris on the lower lid - along with something less sparkly in the crease as you suggested. I like that idea.
Good questions--I'm wondering if this is part of the uniquely Tom Ford aesthetic. As he does in bags, clothes, shoes, he's going for a niche but really defined signature "Tom Ford" look. Sigh! Can you tell I had that F/W '15 LA runway show on a loop for a few hours as I did my daily work LOL? I'm under a Tom Ford spell and I don't wanna let it end!

I don't know the answer. Other than to use together might give both longevity and a very pumped up sparkle? Whew! Cannot wait to see swatches--they are going to be beautiful or maybe too too much.

Latest posts