Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

ashievic

Hugs to all of you who are dealing with or have dealt with such terrible losses. I too have suffered my own so I completely understand. Makeup has always been a great distraction for me as well.

You all are making me want the palette! Has anyone tried any of the permanent Lip Shines? They have always tempted me but I guess I haven't been convinced that they're $50 worthy.
I own four of the lip shines, Bare, Lust, Ravenous, and Nubile. I like them, a bit more color then Chanel. I wear Bare when I want a true neutral lip.

YarahFlower

...Scrolling through the last few pages of this thread brought both tears and smiles to the surface. Tears because loss of a loved one hits home for us all, and smiles because the love and care shown by those who shared words of encouragement were a joy to read!...i want to send a giant virtual hug to all of those who are in need of it!...And I think we all are in need of a hug!!! :hug:

YarahFlower

I was so angry that I dropped my phone in the tub yesterday! I was thinking about all of the things I "lost" within that device..but after going through this thread, I am reminded of what's most important. Thank you :heart:

ashievic

My hair's in bad shape already because of stress- breakage all over my head. I have layers that were never cut into my hair! So, I've been babying my hair and trying to make it happier.

My skin does need love, too. I'm using some deluxe samples of skincare I can't possibly afford that are working for me. It's going to be sad when they run out.
Hopefully both will be restored before you run out of samples!!!!
I use Orbie Gold Restore shampoo and conditioner. It has worked wonders. Seriously has reduced split ends and breakage.

ashievic

Haha YES! I love this new one so much. Its just for internet noodling,oh & shopping.
girlhaha.gif
& a few other things.

MAC rules! I tried on the new Apple watch & I fell in LOVE! It was the stainless with the mesh band
love.gif
Man, it was so awesome & beautiful.
I'm concerned about being able to see data on the watch's screen---I've gotten spoiled with my 6 Plus. My sister
ordered one of the watches. My hubs prefers to wait for the kinks to be ironed out and apparently there are a few.
If you have a tat on your wrist. The watch does not work properly. Something about the ink being a barrier for the watch to work.

YarahFlower

Just snapped this picture of my first TF shipment. I have two more coming! This collection is hands down, my favorite of all time :love:
37b2fb8b_2015-05-0417.53.11.jpeg

YarahFlower

[COLOR=0000FF]I love your husband's statement!  I haven't used anything yet.  I'm waiting for NB & BO to arrive next week along with my shimmering body oil, but if I had to pick from[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  what I have now I'd say the[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] eye & cheek palette.   How about you????[/COLOR]
He keeps me on my toes! :haha: I almost didn't use any of my new things, I was trying to wait for everything but I couldn't help myself :shock: I don't know if you recall, but I wasn't going to get the eye and cheek compact in the beginning. But after I saw swatches from a certain blogger, I couldn't let it slip by me! And I am so happy that I got it because it is my favorite item from the collection!!!! :yahoo: The e/s duos and the cream blusher are neck and neck for 2nd place!

SassyWonder

He keeps me on my toes! :haha: I almost didn't use any of my new things, I was trying to wait for everything but I couldn't help myself :shock: I don't know if you recall, but I wasn't going to get the eye and cheek compact in the beginning. But after I saw swatches from a certain blogger, I couldn't let it slip by me! And I am so happy that I got it because it is my favorite item from the collection!!!! :yahoo: The e/s duos and the cream blusher are neck and neck for 2nd place!
I knew I shouldn't have come on this thread. Nope! Uh uh! Is the E/S really amazing though?!? Just asking for a friend who may or may not be me... :shock:

YarahFlower

Top to Bottom: Pink Sand cream blusher. Pink Glow highlighter. Pink Glow blush. Pink Glow e/s shade #1. Pink Glow e/s shade #2. Pink Glow e/s shade #3. Golden Peach glitter shadow. Golden Peach cream shadow. Golden Peach glitter and cream layered.
df3132dd_2015-05-0510.47.57.jpeg
3a0406e0_20150505_103651.jpeg
10550336_20150505_102815-1.jpeg
Swatches :heart:

laurennnxox

Top to Bottom: Pink Sand cream blusher. Pink Glow highlighter. Pink Glow blush. Pink Glow e/s shade #1. Pink Glow e/s shade #2. Pink Glow e/s shade #3. Golden Peach glitter shadow. Golden Peach cream shadow. Golden Peach glitter and cream layered.
df3132dd_2015-05-0510.47.57.jpeg
3a0406e0_20150505_103651.jpeg
10550336_20150505_102815-1.jpeg
Swatches :heart:
YESS!! Everything swatches beautifully on you! :eyelove:

YarahFlower

YESS!! Everything swatches beautifully on you! :eyelove:
Thank you :love: Going to try and recreate the look I did over the weekend. Dropped my phone in water and lost my pics :cry: but it's ok...hopefully I'll post a pic of me actually wearing the goods. Might wait for my other shipments!

Medgal07

I don't know if you recall, but I wasn't going to get the eye and cheek compact in the beginning. But after I saw swatches from a certain blogger, I couldn't let it slip by me! And I am so happy that I got it because it is my favorite item from the collection!!!!
yahoo.gif
The e/s duos and the cream blusher are neck and neck for 2nd place!
I'm so glad you got the palette---it really is the star of the collection----imagine me feeling that way and I've not yet used it. I'm still holding out. I think the balance of my
order arrives tomorrow. Perhaps I'll wear a few items on Saturday. We have a birthday party to attend, so I can test drive the palette and one of the bronzers.
Which duos did you get?

Medgal07

Depending on what your skin type or condition is, this may or may not apply. But for me with dry-normal skin, I have used mostly natural products for skin care since my early 20's and they have worked well. I use coconut or jojoba oil to soften makeup and then remove it with rose water on a cotton pad. You can then mix it up with moisturizers, serums etc. I also use natural sun block sun screens and have found ones that don't sting around the eye area. I'm pale to begin with so it means that I am more prone to sun damage and also that the "white cast" of natural blocks fades in and is less of a problem. But what I like to do is moisturize first, to create a barrier between the sunscreen and what sinks into my skin, and then do other things as the sunscreen absorbs. I blot if the "canvas" is too oily or white. Then i apply foundation over the absorbed sunscreen-- and go from there to apply my makeup. At night, I do use various kinds of serums, night creams, etc.-- heavier in winter, lighter in summer. In cold weather, I carry a heavy moisturizer sample, sunscreen, and blush with me, so if I need to reapply to protect my skin from the elements, I can. I also worked on a book called the Skin Type Solution which breaks it down for all different skin types and conditions if this does not apply to you.
That's so awesome and very kind of you to share your knowledge. I use Algenist Sunscreen w/SPF 50-----it's essential that I have the highest possible degree of
protection. I was concerned about using it directly on my skin so I just instinctively applied moisturizer first. When I read your post I was relieved. Well I actually did a
happy dance because you confirmed that it was ok. I just didn't want to do anything to interfere with the protection that I need.

Latest posts