Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

GreenEyedAllie

Got my Platinum today! NM went ahead and sent that one since it was in stock.

I can can tell I'm going to love it! No red tones on me. I'm so glad TF brought it back since I wasn't into his stuff the first time around.

I was surprised how much smaller it was. I do not think he should have ALSO raised the price this time.

awickedshape

I can can tell I'm going to love it! No red tones on me. I'm so glad TF brought it back since I wasn't into his stuff the first time around.

I was surprised how much smaller it was. I do not think he should have ALSO raised the price this time.

Yay! for loving it and boo for the last part

pbpink

so crazy what TF did, he must think he's Chanel or Hermes who often raise bag prices!

so happy you have it now, it's a great color! enjoy!

how are you girls?!? missed y'all!

only picked up opale + waiting on Sphinx to be shipped by NM

beauty look book said these are eye creams are LE, sorry if old news but have no clue who to believe or not! may pick up the violet too!

i did buy S/S 16 lippie, it was horrific on me! strange as love me some vanilla suede...

going to read back! hope everyone is happy + healthy and ready to pounce on that tri-color blush or whatever it may be as its looking amazing in pics!! xx

ps - where is the thanks/love button these days, a goner?!?

pbpink

Skin tone is such a big factor. Will you get to swatch it in person? Did you everror get your Sphinx?

i swatched in store (thinking it was not LE) on NC35/40, it was quite sheer and filled with sparkles but I believe it would be best for those med + dark as if too fair it may not show up but this is only based on a quick swatch - I also found it to be not as creamy as the past eye creams, seemed to me like a different formula, I tried to find an old box to look at ingredients but no go! def order it as you don't want to regret later (if it is even LE, not happy with these TF games)

btw, does anyone have a chart for the 2015 lips/boys like we did in 2014 of which colors were big boys too? thx!

pbpink

Picked up all the new Patent lip glosses except for the true orange one. The cream shadows except for Spice, Platinum and Cavier. To me Cavier is a twin to the black one from last summer. Also got all the new eyeliners. Love them, much better then his regular pencil eyeliners. Needless to say I am in the poor house.

thanks for all the info ash! I am a die hard Chanel eye liner girl, are they anything like the stylos? hope you are doing well! xx

pbpink

I tried the new Shade and Illuminate duo, the Runway one. I didn't quite know what to do with it. I wasn't getting enough color with it but I didn't really dig in. I may play with this tonight.

any thoughts, just opened mine as I type, I already have S/I 2, so I do like the highlight but will never use 2 but if pink/runway is working then I'll keep!

i keep getting olay ad's as I try to read on phone, painful! where's Meddy, haven't seen any posts from her?!?

GreenEyedAllie

so crazy what TF did, he must think he's Chanel or Hermes who often raise bag prices!

so happy you have it now, it's a great color! enjoy!

how are you girls?!? missed y'all!

only picked up opale + waiting on Sphinx to be shipped by NM

beauty look book said these are eye creams are LE, sorry if old news but have no clue who to believe or not! may pick up the violet too!

i did buy S/S 16 lippie, it was horrific on me! strange as love me some vanilla suede...

going to read back! hope everyone is happy + healthy and ready to pounce on that tri-color blush or whatever it may be as its looking amazing in pics!! xx

ps - where is the thanks/love button these days, a goner?!?

I get raising prices (higher production costs, yadda yadda), and I get giving less product (different way to get more $$ and honestly how many people will use up a pot before it goes bad?). I don't approve doing both. It looks greedy and sends a not so nice message to the consumer. But we continue to buy, so it will likely continue.

Yeah. No thanks button anymore. Everyone misses it a lot.

We all miss Meddy a lot, too. She has not been on much/at all.

Sabrunka

I got my Sphinx this morning! Super happy with how tf.com handled that. Ordered Thursday and delivered Saturday?! Awesome! Also, the color is BEAUTIFUL!

pbpink

I get raising prices (higher production costs, yadda yadda), and I get giving less product (different way to get more $$ and honestly how many people will use up a pot before it goes bad?). I don't approve doing both. It looks greedy and sends a not so nice message to the consumer. But we continue to buy, so it will likely continue.

Yeah. No thanks button anymore. Everyone misses it a lot.

We all miss Meddy a lot, too. She has not been on much/at all.

so true! same with Chanel bags, they started a new policy of a 5 year warranty w/receipt yet people keep buying! With the prices of those bags, I find it crazy!

thankfully, my escapade cream color is still totally fine + I doubt I'll ever finish even though I use it the most of all the eye colors!

naked bronze double decker eye cream + the other sold out one have been popping in/out on Saks, so if anyone is looking try there....also, the pink cream blush is on pre-order too...

happy to hear the "like" button will be back but read back + sure miss Meddy's posts! say hi if anyone chats with her for me please!

does anyone know if TF did boys dupes for the former Asia exclusive lippies?

ashievic

The new eyeliners I find easier to apply then the Chanel ones. But Chanel has more fun colors. I also like the new patent lip stuff then Armani's version that came out gosh, maybe a year or 6 months ago. Problem for the I can see without my glasses or contacts. The labels/names on the liners and the patent lips are hard to read. At least with Chanel liners it has a color band TF has tiny little name, ugh.

ashievic

I took my platinum and swatched it next to the new one, I could not see any difference in color. The same for spice. I did think caviar was different enough from black oyster and since it is a LE I so admit I bought it....

Winthrop44

I took my platinum and swatched it next to the new one, I could not see any difference in color. The same for spice. I did think caviar was different enough from black oyster and since it is a LE I so admit I bought it....

Is one or the other darker/less black/more dark grey?

Latest posts