Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

awickedshape

The look you did with it sounds divine, BTW. I don't have any CT quads...how do they compare to TF?

Well... that's tough lol
I do find them a bit similar, generally, maybe because of her history with TF.
If the colours in the Tilbury range appeal to you, I think it's worth trying.
I have Dolce Vita and Rock Chick and they're so great. I think they are smoother than the shadows in PG and Raw Jade and, to me, her glitter shades are finer than TF's in the cream duos. The texture of the two quads are really fine and smooth.
Last Dance, however, is amazing and the texture may be even smoother than the Tilbury quads.

Eta: Thank you; it was more makeup than I usually wear all at once but I liked the effect

Prettypackages

Was anyone else struggling with the cream shadows. THey crease and the fallout is terrible. I'm still not ready to give up on sphinx though.

GreenEyedAllie

Well... that's tough lol
I do find them a bit similar, generally, maybe because of her history with TF.
If the colours in the Tilbury range appeal to you, I think it's worth trying.
I have Dolce Vita and Rock Chick and they're so great. I think they are smoother than the shadows in PG and Raw Jade and, to me, her glitter shades are finer than TF's in the cream duos. The texture of the two quads are really fine and smooth.
Last Dance, however, is amazing and the texture may be even smoother than the Tilbury quads.

Eta: Thank you; it was more makeup than I usually wear all at once but I liked the effect

Thank you so much for the insight. I really do just need to get LD already, huh? Haha!

Was anyone else struggling with the cream shadows. THey crease and the fallout is terrible. I'm still not ready to give up on sphinx though.

No creasing issues, but I always use primer. I did have lots of fall out with Spinx. I do not find these new ones as effortless.

hitchcockblonde

I haven't had any problems with fallout with the cream shadows but Opale and Sphinx don't apply as pigmented or as smoothly as the summer cream shadows I got last year but the newer Platinum applies just as nicely for me. Both releases tend to crease on me after about 4 hours with primer and even earlier without, but I have hooded lids that are kind of oily.

hitchcockblonde

image.jpeg

I didn't see anybody else mention it, but as soon as I opened Bicoastal I thought it looked similar to Nars Adoration so I did a swatch comparison. As you can see Bicoastal is much warmer. Not sure if anyone else is interested but I thought I would post just in case anyone was wondering.

Haviggi

View attachment 53705

I didn't see anybody else mention it, but as soon as I opened Bicoastal I thought it looked similar to Nars Adoration so I did a swatch comparison. As you can see Bicoastal is much warmer. Not sure if anyone else is interested but I thought I would post just in case anyone was wondering.

thank you very much for these comparison swatches!nars Adoration has been in my Wishlist forever but now with bicoastal it can stay for a little longer !

Prettypackages

Thank you so much for the insight. I really do just need to get LD already, huh? Haha!

No creasing issues, but I always use primer. I did have lots of fall out with Spinx. I do not find these new ones as effortless.

I haven't had any problems with fallout with the cream shadows but Opale and Sphinx don't apply as pigmented or as smoothly as the summer cream shadows I got last year but the newer Platinum applies just as nicely for me. Both releases tend to crease on me after about 4 hours with primer and even earlier without, but I have hooded lids that are kind of oily.

Thanks ladies! I am oily and have a hood, so that could be my issue.

clidre

So frustrating: I've been waiting for Golden peach for one year. Living in Europe, the only place I can find the limited editions is Selfridges. I was waiting May 1st to purchase it, but I found the collection already online today and Golden peach is sold out!!! :mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:
I know is only makeup but... I'm very sad. If you know another online store in Europe please inform me.

Haviggi

So frustrating: I've been waiting for Golden peach for one year. Living in Europe, the only place I can find the limited editions is Selfridges. I was waiting May 1st to purchase it, but I found the collection already online today and Golden peach is sold out!!! :mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:
I know is only makeup but... I'm very sad. If you know another online store in Europe please inform me.
You could wait for Golden Peach to show up at Harrods ! I don't know if Firelust liquid highlighter will make it to Europe though!i haven't seen it at Selfrigdes as of yet :( I was also really taken aback as long as I saw the collection launching early in the morning instead of 1st of May! I ordered Bicoastal because I couldn't wait for the collection to come to Stockholm mid June!

awickedshape

Well, I use the palette a lot but finally made a point to use the sparkly blue eyeshadow from Last Dance today.
Wore dark blue pants and cardigan with a taupe-brown blouse. Had my taupe-brown bag. Even had a nude pedi with blue shoes lol
Total mess of a look lol

View attachment 53846

Used Naked Bronze and my Jordana eyeliner. End of day:

20160429_121207.jpg

SMH.

I need to see how you all are using it.
Maybe next time I'll try it all over the lid.

awickedshape

That's awful!

mkoparanova

You could wait for Golden Peach to show up at Harrods ! I don't know if Firelust liquid highlighter will make it to Europe though!i haven't seen it at Selfrigdes as of yet :( I was also really taken aback as long as I saw the collection launching early in the morning instead of 1st of May! I ordered Bicoastal because I couldn't wait for the collection to come to Stockholm mid June!

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Tom+Ford+Cream+Cheek+Colour/243280421,default,pd.html
http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Tom+Ford+Skin+Illuminator+30ml/243280162,default,pd.html

I'm not sure if they deliver internationally..

Icecaramellatte

Well, I use the palette a lot but finally made a point to use the sparkly blue eyeshadow from Last Dance today.
Wore dark blue pants and cardigan with a taupe-brown blouse. Had my taupe-brown bag. Even had a nude pedi with blue shoes lol
Total mess of a look lol

View attachment 53846

View attachment 53847

SMH.

Love it! Especially the matching bag lining!

GreenEyedAllie

Total mess of a look lol

View attachment 53846

View attachment 53847

SMH.

Pfft! I'm sure you looked stunning! I love the liner pulling it together.

TraceyMc

Okay makeup fans , I need to know what are the must have items from the new Tom Ford collection for summer , it's just launching here , I have dark blond hair , blue eyes , pale neutral to cool undertones approx a NW15 to NW20 ,I wear Ecru in Estee Lauder DW and 010 in Dior .
What do you think I should go for ??? Thanks :)

Latest posts