Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

hitchcockblonde

You're welcome Winthrop!
So I don't have Pink Haze, but I took a picture of Golden Peach and Sphinx, they are completely different. In the picture you can't see the pink duo chrome in Sphinx, but you can see the difference.
View attachment 51822
Left, Sphinx
Right, Golden Peach

Thanks for your comparison swatches! From the description I was worried they would be too similar but they look quite different. I can't wait to try my Nars Outer Limits single over Sphinx, whenever I get my hands on it that is.

Last edited:

clidre

You're welcome! If I could I'd get them all!

I really hope they will repromote Pink Haze/ Golden Peach!!!! I want it!!!! It's the perfect balance between pink and peach... Hope that someone from Tom Ford reads this post!!!!

Winthrop44

You're welcome Winthrop!
So I don't have Pink Haze, but I took a picture of Golden Peach and Sphinx, they are completely different. In the picture you can't see the pink duo chrome in Sphinx, but you can see the difference.
View attachment 51822
Left, Sphinx
Right, Golden Peach

Oh wow, completely different is right. Thanks so much again Ernie!!

Winthrop44

I really hope they will repromote Pink Haze/ Golden Peach!!!! I want it!!!! It's the perfect balance between pink and peach... Hope that someone from Tom Ford reads this post!!!!

I think I read Golden Peach is being made perm starting with the summer collection.

ashievic

Picked up all the new Patent lip glosses except for the true orange one. The cream shadows except for Spice, Platinum and Cavier. To me Cavier is a twin to the black one from last summer. Also got all the new eyeliners. Love them, much better then his regular pencil eyeliners. Needless to say I am in the poor house.

Ernie

Oh wow, completely different is right. Thanks so much again Ernie!!
You're welcome!

Picked up all the new Patent lip glosses except for the true orange one. The cream shadows except for Spice, Platinum and Cavier. To me Cavier is a twin to the black one from last summer. Also got all the new eyeliners. Love them, much better then his regular pencil eyeliners. Needless to say I am in the poor house.
Enjoy it all!

GreenEyedAllie

Nice! As a fellow purple-lover, what do you think of Midnight Violet?

ashievic

I got the perfume not the body oil. I purchased the body oil last summer and I smelled like a hooker at high mass all day.....Love the product, but it just feels so lovely, I use way too much. So it is a key board back problem. As in it is me who messes this up.

Icecaramellatte

View attachment 51821

From byrdiebeauty's snapchat

The cheek duo looks like the two cheek colors from last summer's palette to me.

My SA mentioned the colors being the same from the summer palette but I thought she was talking about that eye shadows so you may be right.

Thanks for your comparison swatches! From the description I was worried they would be too similar but they look quite different. I can't wait to try my Nars Outer Limits single over Sphinx, whenever I get my hands on it that is.

That sounds like a great combo!

Tremendous haul Ash! I may be right behind you. I loved all the glosses. I only picked up two though. I may end up with all of them.

I bought Ravageur (red) and Infamy (pink). I also bought Sphinx cream color. Hey. I just opened the box. What's the deal with this tiny jar? Why did they change the packaging? Did I get less product? I like my stuff to match. Anyhoo. I didn't try the pencils. Forgot about it. Also didn't try the blue. Was in a rush. I did swatch Opal and it just wasn't speaking to me. I thought it was duochromey. It was just whitish, silvery or me. Not in a rush for it. I did like Violet (although there was something familiar about the color) and Burnished Copper (not very coppery to me). On my next time list. I didn't try the black shade and I have the others. I didn't realize it had sparkles in it. So I will go back and try it then.

The biggest surprise was the glosses. I was really surprised about the color selection. A bunch of reds and some pinks. I lean more towards bronzes and there wasn't a one in the bunch nor a nude. Not really much of the way of warm colors at all. But they all looked great and it was hard to narrow it down. Needless to say, I'll probably be back to the Tom Ford Counter. Hopefully, not tomorrow even though I'll have to be back in that area tomorrow since I missed a pick up of a phone order so I have to go back tomorrow.

Vineetha

My SA mentioned the colors being the same from the summer palette but I thought she was talking about that eye shadows so you may be right.

That sounds like a great combo!

Tremendous haul Ash! I may be right behind you. I loved all the glosses. I only picked up two though. I may end up with all of them.

I bought Ravageur (red) and Infamy (pink). I also bought Sphinx cream color. Hey. I just opened the box. What's the deal with this tiny jar? Why did they change the packaging? Did I get less product? I like my stuff to match. Anyhoo. I didn't try the pencils. Forgot about it. Also didn't try the blue. Was in a rush. I did swatch Opal and it just wasn't speaking to me. I thought it was duochromey. It was just whitish, silvery or me. Not in a rush for it. I did like Violet (although there was something familiar about the color) and Burnished Copper (not very coppery to me). On my next time list. I didn't try the black shade and I have the others. I didn't realize it had sparkles in it. So I will go back and try it then.

The biggest surprise was the glosses. I was really surprised about the color selection. A bunch of reds and some pinks. I lean more towards bronzes and there wasn't a one in the bunch nor a nude. Not really much of the way of warm colors at all. But they all looked great and it was hard to narrow it down. Needless to say, I'll probably be back to the Tom Ford Counter. Hopefully, not tomorrow even though I'll have to be back in that area tomorrow since I missed a pick up of a phone order so I have to go back tomorrow.
what do you think about the texture of the glosses?? I like few shades but I didn't bother bec of the "spreading jam" description from the above blog post link :)

Icecaramellatte

Spreading Jam?? Oh I must have missed that post. I need to read it. I thought the texture was fine. I did use a disposable lip brush to apply it and not the sponge tip applicator. It went on really shiny but if I pressed my lips together it was more like a stain which I liked.

Monsy

I got the perfume not the body oil. I purchased the body oil last summer and I smelled like a hooker at high mass all day.....Love the product, but it just feels so lovely, I use way too much. So it is a key board back problem. As in it is me who messes this up.

thanks Ash
I also got the perfume but was curious about the oil

Ernie

what do you think about the texture of the glosses?? I like few shades but I didn't bother bec of the "spreading jam" description from the above blog post link :)
All I know is that they stain like crazy. I still have marks on my hand a day later.

Latest posts