Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Icecaramellatte

All I know is that they stain like crazy. I still have marks on my hand a day later.
That's funny because I thought that would happen to me but they gave me some makeup remover at the counter and it came right off. I think was oil based. I wonder if it was tom ford brand. But it didn't come off with just a tissue. Now that I think of it it reminded me of this makeup remover I used to get from Alcone years ago. It was cheap too. I wonder if they still sell it.

ashievic

Opal with the Midnight Violet mixed together is awesome. The new glosses use the lip vinyl over it, really nice. Not including the cream shadows from last summer, I find his summer collection is just OK. The new lip shines with the core being another color remind of the Dior ones released last summer of fall. So many products can't keep track of when they were released, ugh.

Icecaramellatte

maybe it's that new tom ford oil remover ?

Oh I didn't know there was a new oil remover. Then that probably was it.

Opal with the Midnight Violet mixed together is awesome. The new glosses use the lip vinyl over it, really nice. Not including the cream shadows from last summer, I find his summer collection is just OK. The new lip shines with the core being another color remind of the Dior ones released last summer of fall. So many products can't keep track of when they were released, ugh.

Opal and Midnight Violet. I wouldn't have thought of that. Sounds great.

starletta8

I feel a little left out these days since I'm just not feeling all of the new releases. I'm not a cream shadow buyer, and I missed the one quad that I wanted... now, hearing that the summer colors are repromotes means more money for other brands, I guess...

charismafulltv

I feel a little left out these days since I'm just not feeling all of the new releases. I'm not a cream shadow buyer, and I missed the one quad that I wanted... now, hearing that the summer colors are repromotes means more money for other brands, I guess...

Im with you starletta. I only like the honeymoon quad from the collection. I'm just waiting for it to get re stocked.

ashievic

The one thing that drives me crazy is when TF just slaps a different name on a previous product. To me that is being deceptive. I called an old boyfriend who is a true mover and shaker in big time law. I asked him about it. He told me this is a "gray area". Used Xavier and Violet Fatale for an example. The same product. He explained TF can explain it had to be a boy's name and it is a smaller package. The same with the new cream shadow Cavier vs Black Oyster. It does not have the powder shadow in the lid. He told me a great marketing tool, but on the edge of shady.

I agree the cream blush for summer looks the same as last year. The same for the powder blushes. Does anyone know if there will be additional eyeshadows released for summer? Since I will be living BFI for the summer, it is hard to chase this stuff. Since wi-fi is at best iffy in BFI. I tried the new TF oil cleanser. It reminds me of the long ago Locittaine olive oil cleanser or the one sold for an Asian company. Can't remember the name. For 100.00 I will stick with the Chanel Sublimage.

I am drooling over the deep berry summer lipstick. They are also bring out a new fragrance, and no I am not referring to the one just released with the shimmer oil and fragrance in the white bottle. I use the Dior clear lip liner so the new lip product does not migrate where it does not belong.

ashievic

The new eye liners are super for those of us with hooded eyes. I have always had problems with his wooden pencil eye liners. To me except for the blue one released in the Noir collection drag and give me a bumpy line. I find the colors released in the new ones such as Azure are really close to the long ago discontinued color he had with the quad that had teal in it. Can't remember the quads name, remember my brain is truly broken when it comes to this remembering stuff.....sorry.

katred

Specktra Bestie
12568706_826308017473259_1112132854_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/bubblymichelle/

wow. All of those are right up my alley. Im
doomed.

View attachment 51820

From byrdiebeauty's snapchat

i like the regular looking lipsticks. Not so sure about the ones with two colours. Those sort of things never seem to work for me.

You're welcome Winthrop!
So I don't have Pink Haze, but I took a picture of Golden Peach and Sphinx, they are completely different. In the picture you can't see the pink duo chrome in Sphinx, but you can see the difference.
View attachment 51822
Left, Sphinx
Right, Golden Peach

Sphinx <3

maeonsaturday

Does anyone else have a swatch of Midnight Violet? I am wondering if it's more for a smoky eye look or would it look good applied lightly too?

ashievic

If you apply it with the TF concealer brush lightly it goes on a lovely purple. I own it, but I am not where it is at. The challenges of living in 2 different States 2000 miles apart, ugh.

clidre

Girls, do you think that honeymoon has enough definition? I don't want to buy a palette like nude dip, that is quite disappointing for my tastes, because on my eyes I see only one color even if I use all 4 in different places. Thanks a lot!!!!

Monsy

Girls, do you think that honeymoon has enough definition? I don't want to buy a palette like nude dip, that is quite disappointing for my tastes, because on my eyes I see only one color even if I use all 4 in different places. Thanks a lot!!!!

I have the same issue with nude dip :(

Latest posts