Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Winthrop44

Last week I tried on all of the ones that appealed to me, pinks and mauvey ones etc. I was a little taken aback in that they all seemed to have a very pronounced metallic look and all the pinks that I was convinced I would love had a distinct purple iridescence to them. I was quit disappointed at first, but I am so loving my CL's that I decided it really didn't matter. I still LOVE Julian, I guess I was expecting there would be more like him!

Thanks. I wonder why all the metallic. Maybe it's a holiday thing. For me it's a money saver.

Sugar & Spice

Yep and some of the pinks have glitter in them like Eric. I loved it until I removed it and it was glitter bomb on my face. I can do a little metallic but glitter for me is a no-no and although I love Daniel, I'm going to skip.

Winthrop44

Yep and some of the pinks have glitter in them like Eric. I loved it until I removed it and it was glitter bomb on my face. I can do a little metallic but glitter for me is a no

Look like if there's a dash in text whatever follows is not quoted? Anyhooo.... I also hate lipsticks that leave glitter behind. Thanks for mentioning this.

Prettypackages

I think if I keep ignoring them, I won't be tempted. After a MAC lippie went bad on me, i've been unconscousily slowing down. I don't care about the black friday beauty sales, latest releases or anything. Maybe it has something to do with what's going on here in Chicago.

RuLaRu

My SA is keeping back Stavros and Roman for me, the two grey shades ! :D. Im picking my boys up on monday, can someone tell me what the whole "rancid" lipstick talk is about ? Im worried now haha

Sugar & Spice

So I went looked at the boys just to see how I feel one last time. Well Drake stole my heart and came home with me.

I tried on Daniel again and before I could even compare it to So Vain, my SA said Daniel is So Vain it's just in a new formula. She said a few of the boys are reformulated old shades. So if I was going to get a shade, I wanted it to be new.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I am trying my best to catch up. I been on a No Buy Makeup Ban and it's almost over. Yay!

This is the first time that I'm able to buy TF easily. I hardly know where to start with the Lips & Boys, because it's so overwhelming. Currently looking at:

Stavros
Alejandro
Luciano (I really don't need both this AND Alejandro, surely...)
Xavier
Collin
Cary (again, probably this OR Collin, not both, right???)
Eric
Egon (or Vladimir?)
Joaquin

I also want Something Wild from the Big Boy shades. Aside from it looking beautiful, it's also the name of the movie The Great Enabler and I watched on our first date.

Psych1

Thank you so much!!! Love having a contact!
Of course!! Agree, it's always nice
to have a really great SAs in case we need them!!
Looking forward to your thoughts. I always love your picks!
Thank you so much, I love your picks too. Since I ordered from a Saks counter, I'm now subjected to the snail mail that comes with Saks orders lol
I will definitely post my thoughts and some swatches when the little boys arrive hopefully sometime next week!

Jaymuhlee

Ended up getting Egon, Malik, and Drake. I really wanted Derek but I finalized my choices after the Saks promo was over so no gift card meant it wasn't worth it. At least Ebates was still at 14%...

Winthrop44

I ordered Drake, Jake and Eric but am a lil' nervous about them. I actually wanted Egon but chickened out and got Jake instead.

Missyrocks

So I just ordered a few from NM because of the $50 off, but their website isn't working. It isn't accepting my password. Then, you can't reset your password because the link goes to a blank screen. I have been on the phone and stuck with this for 45 minutes now. I'm beyond pissed to see Ebates is 12% so I'm missing out on that because of the fact that the site isn't working. Ridiculous. Anyway, got some nudes- Ansel, Jake, Jude and Drake, Demsey. I'd like to see them in person but really pissed about the site not working. And trying to get anyone on the phone is ridiculously long hold. :( I'm also wondering where's Meddy? Hope all is ok.

elegant-one

So I just ordered a few from NM because of the $50 off, but their website isn't working. It isn't accepting my password. Then, you can't reset your password because the link goes to a blank screen. I have been on the phone and stuck with this for 45 minutes now. I'm beyond pissed to see Ebates is 12% so I'm missing out on that because of the fact that the site isn't working. Ridiculous. Anyway, got some nudes- Ansel, Jake, Jude and Drake, Demsey. I'd like to see them in person but really pissed about the site not working. And trying to get anyone on the phone is ridiculously long hold. :( I'm also wondering where's Meddy? Hope all is ok.

I ordered mine from NM a little bit ago but the site was ok. I noticed that a lot of the internet is so slow & wonky tonight.

I really liked the looks of Ansel, Jake, Jude & Drake too.

Latest posts