Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

awickedshape

I think it was Haviggi who gave us the heads up and Monsy posted swatches. After that, it was all over for me, lol

Darn. I'm setting myself to go on low, low-buy soon. This is not helpful!

(Thanks for sharing!)

Did you see the swatch? Ugh, it's disgustingly gorgeous. I wants the precious.

Wow. Gorgeous! Definitely keeping a lookout for this beauty! Thanks for sharing!

No problem! I really wanted to get an idea of the time frame for stalking lol

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

Having a very TF day today! I used Platinum all over my lids, the Afternooner for face, and Le Mepris on my lip....loving the combo. The more I wear the palette, the more I like it.

GreenEyedAllie

Fall out? Wow

oh yeah, and it was a big nasty surprise because I used a primer and I don't even have that issue with TF's straight up glitters. But over another shadow, it behaved. It was kinda funny because on my lids it doesn't really pull that pretty shift, but the fall out glitters definitely did on my cheeks, lol.

Monsy

o.42525.jpg
Tom Ford announces the new women’s fragrance Orchid Soleil, to be out in July 2016. Orchid Soleil presents a summer version of the popular vamp perfume Black Orchid launched in 2006. In addition to the original, the editions of Velvet Orchid from 2014 and Black Orchid Eau de Toilette from 2015 are also available.
Orchid Soleil is a vibrant, radiant and sensual scent that is said to capture the magic of the most brilliant sunshine. The composition opens with spicy notes of pink pepper, bitter orange and cypress. Its vibrant heart blooms with red spider lily and tuberose, enveloped by the warm base of chestnut cream, vanilla, patchouli and orchid.

MUST HAVE THIS

awickedshape

oh yeah, and it was a big nasty surprise because I used a primer and I don't even have that issue with TF's straight up glitters. But over another shadow, it behaved. It was kinda funny because on my lids it doesn't really pull that pretty shift, but the fall out glitters definitely did on my cheeks, lol.

I'm glad you found a way to work with it, sheesh!

View attachment 54220
Tom Ford announces the new women’s fragrance Orchid Soleil, to be out in July 2016. Orchid Soleil presents a summer version of the popular vamp perfume Black Orchid launched in 2006. In addition to the original, the editions of Velvet Orchid from 2014 and Black Orchid Eau de Toilette from 2015 are also available.
Orchid Soleil is a vibrant, radiant and sensual scent that is said to capture the magic of the most brilliant sunshine. The composition opens with spicy notes of pink pepper, bitter orange and cypress. Its vibrant heart blooms with red spider lily and tuberose, enveloped by the warm base of chestnut cream, vanilla, patchouli and orchid.

MUST HAVE THIS

Just saw that on Fragrantica!
Mr. Ford wants all my money lol

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Tom-Ford-Orchid-Soleil-7983.html

Monsy

I have high hopes for it! I do not like regular black orchid so I am hoping this will be smoother easier to wear

awickedshape

I have high hopes for it! I do not like regular black orchid so I am hoping this will be smoother easier to wear

I got the little rollerball of it. Will try it again because it faded quickly on me.
Can't wait for you to try it!
I have only tried four of his scents but I must say, they've all been quite distinctive, not generic at all.
I might get Grey Vetiver later on.

Monsy

i find BO so obnoxious... and i can tolerate some super heavy scents. i love fragrances and collect them with a passion and i can see why some do love BO it is very different it is just not for me. every time i had to scrub it off my skin.

i do love soleil blanc, shanghai lily, noir pour femme, venetian bergamot and neroli portofino which i ordered yesterday and can't wait to get it

awickedshape

i find BO so obnoxious... and i can tolerate some super heavy scents. i love fragrances and collect them with a passion and i can see why some do love BO it is very different it is just not for me. every time i had to scrub it off my skin.

i do love soleil blanc, shanghai lily, noir pour femme, venetian bergamot and neroli portofino which i ordered yesterday and can't wait to get it

Nice collection!
Perfume and body chemistry is so peculiar.
I'm still looking for an everyday scent.
Have been using samples, Velvet Orchid and Narciso

JerseyGirl

View attachment 54220

MUST HAVE THIS

Sadly, patchouli goes nuclear with my chemistry and usually overpowers everything and becomes unwearable. If it's not a major component I may be able to get away with it.

JerseyGirl

Love neroli portofino and soleil blanc but I think my favorite is tobacco vanille. Something weird about that scent that I like.

Monsy

One day i sprayed couple of them but didn't mark on the blotters which one is which so i couldn't figure out later if the one i liked the most was tobacco vanille. i have to try it again.

VAL4M

I'm glad you found a way to work with it, sheesh!

Just saw that on Fragrantica!
Mr. Ford wants all my money lol

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Tom-Ford-Orchid-Soleil-7983.html

I saw it too today and got all excited!!! I have Black orchid and I really love Velvet even if I still don't have it in my collection it is on my wish list and even prefer velvet over Black Orchid.... I cant wait and smell it, what really made me curious is the tuberose in Orchid Soleil I love tuberose in perfume!!!

awickedshape

I saw it too today and got all excited!!! I have Black orchid and I really love Velvet even if I still don't have it in my collection it is on my wish list and even prefer velvet over Black Orchid.... I cant wait and smell it, what really made me curious is the tuberose in Orchid Soleil I love tuberose in perfume!!!

Let us know if you get to try ito out when it launches! :D

Latest posts