Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

The shades look so different on her than they do me. Mac's So Select isn't even close to looking that mauve on me, moreso brown-ish. She looks good in everything.

GreenEyedAllie

The shades look so different on her than they do me. Mac's So Select isn't even close to looking that mauve on me, moreso brown-ish. She looks good in everything.

Same. Maybe a little more mauve than you describe for you. It's very KVD Lolita on me.

So, I tried it a bit lighter & while it did look better, it is still a bit yellow on me. I'm still keep it though because I love the blush & highlighter. If not, I'll see if my daughter in law wants it.

I'm glad it's at least a little better. I really like the highlighter.

awickedshape

It's beautiful on you!!! Do you love it?

Thank you!
Just took off my Burberry Oxblood to try it (wore TF Pink Glow with Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita today) and I love how it feels on! Will have to compare it to MAC Among the Fireflies

20160331_183042-1.jpg

Beautiful! Temptation Waits has surely been tempting me, too! #byebyemoney (someone said this in another thread and I thought it clever)

Thank you!
Pretty accurate! :p

GreenEyedAllie

Thank you!
Just took off my Burberry Oxblood to try it (wore TF Pink Glow with Charlotte Tilbury's Dolce Vita today) and I love how it feels on! Will have to compare it to MAC Among the Fireflies

View attachment 53216

Thank you!
Pretty accurate! :p

Ooooh! It looks even prettier on your lips. Oh, I forgot...which version of Oxblood do you have? I wanted to grab it in the sale. I remember it looking lovely on you.

JulieDiva

I have a question for you Tom Ford makeup experts. I have never purchased, or even swatched, Tom Ford makeup. Now that sephora is carrying it, I am soooooooo tempted. Is it really worth the extra money???? I can only see the recent summer collection online.....what would you all recommend? Thanks

Monsy

I have a question for you Tom Ford makeup experts. I have never purchased, or even swatched, Tom Ford makeup. Now that sephora is carrying it, I am soooooooo tempted. Is it really worth the extra money???? I can only see the recent summer collection online.....what would you all recommend? Thanks

not everything is worth the price and the hype but a lot of things are - blushes, eyeshadows... complexion items not so much. i haven't tried any of the lip stuff but i know a lot of women love his lipsticks

beautycool

Gold dust - nice bronzer but very sheer. great for beginners . I had to layer and layer it in order to show up (and I am nc15). It would be nice to have it but not for the full price
Fire lust is beautiful but sheer. It's great for me. I layered it over the gold dust. Very pretty natural color and glow.

Still have to play properly with cream cheek colors but here is the quick swatch

View attachment 53159
Lovely pics I got both last year and love them
gorgeous on you
I always go for my pink sands so quick and easy to use :)

beautycool

I am not feeling the cream blushes. They are very sheer and will show up as a blush/cheek color only on lighter skin. I assume as a nice glow on medium and darker. I tried to layer it a bit more to get more color and ended up looking like a clown. Then I had to struggle to tone it down. It is thick and hard to blend (tried multiple brushes and with fingers). I am far far from impressed. I need product to work like easy breezy for that price tag. You can get the same color/effect with much less "making it work" from Nars multiples in Orgasm and south beach (or even Maldives which is less yellow more neutral).
They only thing that impressed me with these is the packaging. That's all.

Hi monsy your not liking the cream blushes
I bought pink sands from last year I won't be getting the orange one this years I don't like the look of it
what I do and always do with the cream blush is a little at a time but I even find if I put to much on and one time it doesn't matter it don't make me look like a clown
it's my fav blush ATM quick dab before work it works well with any foundation I have on my skin :)
love it
I'm nw22-25 Mac :)

Haven

I got the Soleil palette today & it turns yellow/orange-ish on me :( If I use the coral blush over it, it gets even more orange. I do love the blush by itself. I also got Les Mepris ls & its very very pretty on.

Oh no! I hope that you can make the afternooner work for you.

Latest posts