Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

maeonsaturday

Charlotte Tilbury Marie Antoinette is very similar to TF Platinum

That's interesting. I have both and they don't look alike on me. Platinum on me doesn't look platinum-platinum. It's like a mix of taupe with a slight brown and platinum shift. The most interesting color!

Marie Antoinette leans much more platinum on me.

clidre

That's interesting. I have both and they don't look alike on me. Platinum on me doesn't look platinum-platinum. It's like a mix of taupe with a slight brown and platinum shift. The most interesting color!

Marie Antoinette leans much more platinum on me.

On me they looked the same; TF platinum is a tiny bit warmer but the difference is not distinguishable on my eyelids. I thought it was not necessary to keep both and I gave away my CT.

GreenEyedAllie

Ugh. I'm relatively grumpy about this whole not LE/LE mess. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate Sphinx in-store (please PM if you have info). I had not been worried because my new TF SA that got me Honeymoon promised to call and/or email when the cream colors arrived at their store. Definitely didn't! When I called today, another SA told me they have had them for a couple weeks and have been sold out of Sphinx since last week. SO obviously she did not want/need my business very much.

I did place an order with NM online for Platinum and Sphinx (<-Backordered and will allegedly ship later this month). I'm on the fence about Burnished Copper if anyone wants to share swatches. I kind of wonder if it will clash with my green eyes or if it is too similar to Charlotte Tilbury Gold Digger, which I have. Midnight Violet looks too brown...I would need to see in person. I have Spice and am not interested in the blue or black. I'm also still considering Opale but probably not.

Winthrop44

That's how I feel about Midnight Violet too. I was not very impressed with Opale irl. It could be because of my skin tone (or lid tone in this case) but it just ended up as white shimmers on me. Will let you know if I see Sphinx pop up anywhere.

GreenEyedAllie

That's how I feel about Midnight Violet too. I was not very impressed with Opale irl. It could be because of my skin tone (or lid tone in this case) but it just ended up as white shimmers on me. Will let you know if I see Sphinx pop up anywhere.
\

Thank you! While I'm sure someone has a horror story about NM backorders, I've noticed they tend to be really good about removing the product entirely and/or having 'backorder date unavailable' if they don't have stock. So I'm hopeful but would prefer to have a 'for sure' from a store if possible.

Yeah, that's what's getting me about Opale...I don't need anymore transparent shimmery white things (Except the Burberry HL. DEFINITELY NEED that.)

Winthrop44

Opale would look good in combo with another shade like Ash used it, or on darker lids imho.

Thanks for the fantastic swatches hitchcockblonde! Sure am missing that little thanks button.

Last edited:

Nuke

I bought orchid haze and cocoa mirage last week. opened them for the first time today to realize one of the shades in orchid haze is totally shattered :ouch:

Ouch indeed! That's one of my fears, since I tend to let products sit around at home for a little while before opening them up for the first time...

shadowaddict

I bought orchid haze and cocoa mirage last week. opened them for the first time today to realize one of the shades in orchid haze is totally shattered :ouch:

I don't know where you purchased them but it shouldn't be an issue to exchange it. I would be highly upset if it was anything other than a quick easy exchange. Everything gets so thrown around during shipping L would be shocked if the place of purchase Didn't have this happen from time to time.

When we have a package our mailman walks all the way up our yard then stops about 15-20 ft from the porch & tosses it. My daughter sits in the floor with her laptop at the bay window (actually each afternoon it transforms into her very large yet very short desk) & watched him. She told me & I thought no, maybe at the bottom step. One day she yelled for me to come downstairs that he was carrying a box. Sure enough he stopped & tossed it on the porch. We saw him do it several times before I called the carrier supervisor. I ended up calling 3 times but months apart. I will give him props for never hitting one of the doors, well not to my knowledge. UPS carriers will lean down & lay the box there & rings the doorbell. Sometimes my boxes look as if they've been punted around, but at least they are brought to me nicely.

Monsy

They didn't gave me hard time about exchanging at all but they were out of stock and had to order it from another store. So I am still waiting for it .

GreenEyedAllie

Unfortunately, I do not think I will get to swatch it. I have a Nordies gift card, so I might chance it.

So far I just have the back order of Sphinx. I'm still hopeful because NM doesn't usually give a ship date if they won't have stock.

awickedshape

Unfortunately, I do not think I will get to swatch it. I have a Nordies gift card, so I might chance it.

So far I just have the back order of Sphinx. I'm still hopeful because NM doesn't usually give a ship date if they won't have stock.

It should be ok with NM
Fingers crossed

laurennnxox

fingers crossed for us both!! I ordered it on BO too. Shouldn't have slept on this shade, lol.

Latest posts