Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Sugar & Spice

Yep some of the shades are "tacky" in appearance due to all the glitter/metallic, some more so than others. It also depends on how the shade translate on your lips, certain shades will pull more metallic depending on your natural lip color. I know for me I had to choose shades that were deep in color otherwise the metallic would be over kill.

I still love Drake however when I looked at Derek in natural light and not the horrible store lighting, it was way more metallic than I realized so I went back and returned it.

ashievic

I have reached out to all my contacts at TF. So far no one knows anything about the any of the Boy's being perm. I know the blogger T claims they are, she could be correct. I have found out a new cleanser will be released in Jan., along with the 6 new quads. No lipsticks are being featured for the Spring release. At least so far. I will know more tomorrow night. Bonding with NY TF and hopefully I can pry some intel.

beauteblogueur

I got my first Boys order yesterday:

image.jpg

L-R: Louis, Jude, Malik, Drake and Jay. Taken in full sunlight.

I love the finish of these. They're metallic, but they only look frosty up close (as in when you're sitting in front of a mirror applying them). From a slight distance they just look like regular lip colours, with a bit more dimension. It's a soft, sophisticated kind of metallic.

Louis, Jude and Malik are gorgeous everyday shades. Drake's a pretty, wearable berry, but IMO Jay deserves the hype more. It's stunning.

I made another order during the NM $50 off promotion, so now I've bought 14 of the new boys, which makes 40 boys all up. These things are my crack.

Oh, and also, I checked all my boys last night and these new boys smell just like my boys from last year. As far as I can tell none of mine have gone rancid yet. I wonder if it's a problem with certain batches, or maybe a lot of stores/warehouses are storing them badly?

elegant-one

I got my first Boys order yesterday:

View attachment 50268

L-R: Louis, Jude, Malik, Drake and Jay. Taken in full sunlight.

I love the finish of these. They're metallic, but they only look frosty up close (as in when you're sitting in front of a mirror applying them). From a slight distance they just look like regular lip colours, with a bit more dimension. It's a soft, sophisticated kind of metallic.

Louis, Jude and Malik are gorgeous everyday shades. Drake's a pretty, wearable berry, but IMO Jay deserves the hype more. It's stunning.

I made another order during the NM $50 off promotion, so now I've bought 14 of the new boys, which makes 40 boys all up. These things are my crack.

Oh, and also, I checked all my boys last night and these new boys smell just like my boys from last year. As far as I can tell none of mine have gone rancid yet. I wonder if it's a problem with certain batches, or maybe a lot of stores/warehouses are storing them badly?

Great swatches - THANKS!!! They all look so beautiful on you! Jude looks a bit more peach in the pic than what I thought it would be. So pretty. Nice to know too that they aren't overly metallic.

RuLaRu

Just picked up my two boys Stavros and Roman !!! Here are some shade swatches i looked at while at the counter, Daniel is super pretty but just slightly too barbie pink-ish in the glitter department for my taste :mecry:.

I will post swatches of my boys on the lips etc when i get home ! :)

IMG_5152.jpg

Winthrop44

Yep some of the shades are "tacky" in appearance due to all the glitter/metallic, some more so than others. It also depends on how the shade translate on your lips, certain shades will pull more metallic depending on your natural lip color. I know for me I had to choose shades that were deep in color otherwise the metallic would be over kill.

I still love Drake however when I looked at Derek in natural light and not the horrible store lighting, it was way more metallic than I realized so I went back and returned it.

Glad you were able to return Derek, and that you still liked Drake in natural light, esp since he was in my first order. When Neimans sent out the GC code again yesterday they had still not processed my order for Ansel, Egon and Malik so I cancelled with the thought of placing a larger order to get the GC but still haven't done it. Wish I could see them in person. You're so lucky that you can!

Ingenue

How did these fools send me two of the three lipsticks I ordered, without a single notification or response to my inquiry? Mess. Drake is predictably missing, but there's been no refund, explanation (sold out), or response to my emails. I'm calling them. Raggedy. This is why I rarely go through the site. Their customer service is horrible.

Ingenue

Awww I love Derek. It is metallic, but it's so subtle on me. I wear it with the Chanel Nude liner and it comes out gorgeous.

Winthrop44

How did these fools send me two of the three lipsticks I ordered, without a single notification or response to my inquiry? Mess. Drake is predictably missing, but there's been no refund, explanation (sold out), or response to my emails. I'm calling them. Raggedy. This is why I rarely go through the site. Their customer service is horrible.

Ugh! They probably plan on sending it to you whenever it gets restocked. Hope you can get through to them on the phone. I've found that to be no small feat either.

Ingenue

Ugh! They probably plan on sending it to you whenever it gets restocked. Hope you can get through to them on the phone. I've found that to be no small feat either.

Winthrop they are HORRIBLE! I am in such a mood. First I was on hold for an hour... then I got a person... who sent me to a VOICEMAIL! Really? No response to my email, no call back. Just awful. I just left a message on their Facebook page. Their customer service is deplorable.

Winthrop44

Winthrop they are HORRIBLE! I am in such a mood. First I was on hold for an hour... then I got a person... who sent me to a VOICEMAIL! Really? No response to my email, no call back. Just awful. I just left a message on their Facebook page. Their customer service is deplorable.

That is just AWFUL! Fingers crossed you wil have more success on FB.

RuLaRu

That's horrible ! I would be SO upset. Hope you get it sorted soon ! :flowers:

RuLaRu

Okay Guys, I finally got home to try out my new boys and i love Stavros ! Roman is temperamental as its a dark shade and it can be tricky to pull off but its not bad either. Stavros has just enough pink in its base that i can wear it day to day without looking too crazy but Roman is for those crazy makeup looks as its so dark.

I got an amazing new SA at Tom Ford who gave me the Trio box even though i only bought two boys which is great as i can use it to store my Leonardo Lipstick from last year, here are some swatches and images of what my boys look like, the shots were all taken in natural daylight and i didn't filter them to keep the colour accurate, Hope you all get your boys soon !! :icon_cheers:

Untitled-1.jpg
IMG_5106.jpg
IMG_5155.jpg

Marsha Pomells

Okay Guys, I finally got home to try out my new boys and i love Stavros ! Roman is temperamental as its a dark shade and it can be tricky to pull off but its not bad either. Stavros has just enough pink in its base that i can wear it day to day without looking too crazy but Roman is for those crazy makeup looks as its so dark.

I got an amazing new SA at Tom Ford who gave me the Trio box even though i only bought two boys which is great as i can use it to store my Leonardo Lipstick from last year, here are some swatches and images of what my boys look like, the shots were all taken in natural daylight and i didn't filter them to keep the colour accurate, Hope you all get your boys soon !! :icon_cheers:

View attachment 50281
View attachment 50282
View attachment 50283

Roman looks gorgeous... I must have him, need to add to the other boys I've got. Definitely need Drake too... And I'm back on the Tom Ford thread...

Sugar & Spice

Awww I love Derek. It is metallic, but it's so subtle on me. I wear it with the Chanel Nude liner and it comes out gorgeous.

Yes if you have a deeper skin tone then the metallic probably isn't over kill on you. It is a nice shade, I just couldn't pull it off.

Missyrocks

I just went to check them out in person. Unfortunately, i had to rush so couldn't take pics of the swatches but I'll give a more overall impression. I prefer last year's Boys because they are mostly cream and not metallic. Having said that, there are some really pretty ones. Keep in mind I'm nc25. Loved Jake. Loved, loved. Ansel, Austin, Hiro, Roberto, Joaquin were all my jam. Liked Tony, Eric and Kingston. I didn't like Jude, Malik, Louis or Rocco when I thought those would totally be my jam. Looks wee bit cheapey to me, and I found Demsey very metallic and on the verge of looking cheap, too. IMO. Some of them reminded me of any cheap, really pale baby pink lipstick I bought from the drugstore in high school. LOL. I'm on the fence on Demsey. But I'm somewhat yellow leaning in undertone, so those light, blue pinks look horrible on me. They didn't have Daniel or Drake. Sold out and those pale Egon, etc those 4 in that row were sold out as well. They explained sometimes they only get in like 5 of a color. I have to say, there's no substitute for trying these on in person. With that metallic, even though it still has the beautiful, rich formula, some are way more metallic and less pigmented. And some colors you might lean toward- when you put them on, nope. And the other way, as well. Ones I might not gravitate toward, I put on and liked. You really have to try them on in person. But if going from a site, to me, I think Silverkis has the best swatches because maybe her skin tone is similar to mine although her coloring isn't. I'm blonde (not naturally, though) :) But I have dark eyes and my lips aren't super pigmented. Temptalia's look so different on me as do ReallyRee's. But I'd say definitely get some. Some are really beautiful and most are very nice.:)

Marsha Pomells

I just went to check them out in person. Unfortunately, i had to rush so couldn't take pics of the swatches but I'll give a more overall impression. I prefer last year's Boys because they are mostly cream and not metallic. Having said that, there are some really pretty ones. Keep in mind I'm nc25. Loved Jake. Loved, loved. Ansel, Austin, Hiro, Roberto, Joaquin were all my jam. Liked Tony, Eric and Kingston. I didn't like Jude, Malik, Louis or Rocco when I thought those would totally be my jam. Looks wee bit cheapey to me, and I found Demsey very metallic and on the verge of looking cheap, too. IMO. Some of them reminded me of any cheap, really pale baby pink lipstick I bought from the drugstore in high school. LOL. I'm on the fence on Demsey. But I'm somewhat yellow leaning in undertone, so those light, blue pinks look horrible on me. They didn't have Daniel or Drake. Sold out and those pale Egon, etc those 4 in that row were sold out as well. They explained sometimes they only get in like 5 of a color. I have to say, there's no substitute for trying these on in person. With that metallic, even though it still has the beautiful, rich formula, some are way more metallic and less pigmented. And some colors you might lean toward- when you put them on, nope. And the other way, as well. Ones I might not gravitate toward, I put on and liked. You really have to try them on in person. But if going from a site, to me, I think Silverkis has the best swatches because maybe her skin tone is similar to mine although her coloring isn't. I'm blonde (not naturally, though) :) But I have dark eyes and my lips aren't super pigmented. Temptalia's look so different on me as do ReallyRee's. But I'd say definitely get some. Some are really beautiful and most are very nice.:)

I really liked last year's boys. Selfridges had 6 of the boys from last on their website (one of them has long since been sold out). Seeing that I'm heading there, cos of a click and collect order, I'm gonna try a couple and hopefully pick up Roman and Drake (if I have enough money left). Quite a few boys from this year have tickled my fancy, plus they're perm so I'm in no rush pick them all up in one go.

ashievic

Boy's will NOT be perm. Got it from the top dog. PERHAPS eventually a FEW of the colors will become full grown men. As well as a SELECT few MIGHT linger around a bit longer. Anyone who claims the new 25 Boy's and the re-release of the older 25 Boy's is perm, is 1000% wrong. If you want any of these, get them now.

ashievic

It is not a for sure they will replenish what they have released. After all it is TF, and he can do what he wants. I did mention the pro blogger claim these were perm, and was told, her intel is off.

Latest posts