Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

starletta8

You got Drake too! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Please don't freak me out if you hate it LOL!!!

Drake is lovely! I've been eating since I unboxed, so I did one of your patented hand swatches. Drake is very sheer but buildable. With the pigmentation in my lips, I foresee 2 swipes. It's lighter than Miss Clichy, the last berry I bought. The metallic finish isn't too much but noticeable on my hand.

elegant-one

Drake is lovely! I've been eating since I unboxed, so I did one of your patented hand swatches. Drake is very sheer but buildable. With the pigmentation in my lips, I foresee 2 swipes. It's lighter than Miss Clichy, the last berry I bought. The metallic finish isn't too much but noticeable on my hand.

SWEET!!! It sounds so perfect & pretty. I'm very relieved & happy that its not too metallic :icon_cheers:

Sugar & Spice

Oh no if it was very metallic lil Drake wouldn't have come home with me.
However he's not sheer on me but I don't have pinky lips, I get full on berry in one swipe with a hint of metallic.

Marsha Pomells

There seems to be so much conflicting info over at Tom Ford atm, Im not as close with my TF team as my Guerlain team, i could really tell you some gossip about Guerlain but that has its own thread haha.

I was told by the regional manager that the lips and boys collection isn't permanent BUT they are collecting sales number on popular shades and will eventually add those shades to the full sized regular permanent line :thumbsup:

Stavros is a beautiful metallic grey purple on me. There's a pic of me on this thread wearing it, don't know the page number cos it's been that long since I'd purchase it.

In regards to the new perm shades, the Tom Ford crew in Knightsbridge are waiting on a list. They should receive it sometime next week, but they are staying as clutch size.

GreenEyedAllie

Whew! Was able to call and snag Drake from a Nordies. I'm going to order my other 'must-haves' as well. I'll be annoyed if they end up perm, and I bought them now instead of waiting, but if they are LE, I would be more upset to miss out because I love boys!

My other must-have picks are: Julian, Eric, Egon, Joaquin. I'm debating Stavros. I'm also trying to decide between Jake and Austin. Jay is also tickling my fancy. :angel:

GreenEyedAllie

Stavros is a beautiful metallic grey purple on me. There's a pic of me on this thread wearing it, don't know the page number cos it's been that long since I'd purchase it.

In regards to the new perm shades, the Tom Ford crew in Knightsbridge are waiting on a list. They should receive it sometime next week, but they are staying as clutch size.

I'm debating Stavros, and when I Googled images, your lovely face pops up! Looks great on you!

RuLaRu

Oh thats really interesting ! surprised they would have a miniature lipstick line and a large lipstick line as permanent :wow:

RuLaRu

Whew! Was able to call and snag Drake from a Nordies. I'm going to order my other 'must-haves' as well. I'll be annoyed if they end up perm, and I bought them now instead of waiting, but if they are LE, I would be more upset to miss out because I love boys!

My other must-have picks are: Julian, Eric, Egon, Joaquin. I'm debating Stavros. I'm also trying to decide between Jake and Austin. Jay is also tickling my fancy. :angel:

If you get a chance to swatch Stavros definitely do, its a seriously beautiful shade !.

RuLaRu

If anyone is curious to see moving swatches of Stavros and Roman you can find a review i filmed by clicking the link in my signature, Do note i have NC 15-20 skin so shades tend to look less pink tone on me and more neutral :thumbsup:

Winthrop44

If anyone is curious to see moving swatches of Stavros and Roman you can find a review i filmed by clicking the link in my signature, Do note i have NC 15-20 skin so shades tend to look less pink tone on me and more neutral :thumbsup:

Great video. Thanks! The thing about rancid that some people have mentioned is about some lipsticks going off or losing their vanilla scent in a short period of time. I think Haven on here and also someone on Nordstrom online posted that one was bad already when they got it home. The thought is that they have a high level of moisturizing butters, etc that are relatively delicate and This can happen if they get too heated during transport or storage. it's not all of them or anything....I personally had 2 or 3 among maybe 15, one of which was my full size First Time. If you look back thru this thread you might be able to find more info, but I wasn't too successful searching. Maybe most of the discussion was in another thread, not sure.

Last edited:

Filmfreak

I got my eye on Roman. There's another one as well... Vladimir... I didn't get a chance to look at Theo, let me check out T's site... No actually, I don't trust her lighting... Let's see if Karen has anything, she's around 2 shades lighter than me.

Enabler Jedi for real! I've started thinking about getting Vladimir now!

mkoparanova

Great video. Thanks! The thing about rancid that some people have mentioned is about some lipsticks going off or losing their vanilla scent in a short period of time. I think Haven on here and also someone on Nordstrom online posted that one was bad already when they got it home. The thought is that they have a high level of moisturizing butters, etc that are relatively delicate and This can happen if they get too heated during transport or storage. it's not all of them or anything....I personally had 2 or 3 among maybe 15, one of which was my full size First Time. If you look back thru this thread you might be able to find more info, but I wasn't too successful searching. Maybe most of the discussion was in another thread, not sure.

It starts from this page: http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php/100619-Tom-Ford-Beauty-Discussion/page574

GreenEyedAllie

If you get a chance to swatch Stavros definitely do, its a seriously beautiful shade !.

Thanks for that! I love your video....shout out to Specktra, whoot whoot!

PS-Marsha already knows I love London, but Glasgow is another favorite of mine when I lived in Europe. I never made it to Edinburgh, but my husband did and also loved it.

Marsha Pomells

Thanks for that! I love your video....shout out to Specktra, whoot whoot!

PS-Marsha already knows I love London, but Glasgow is another favorite of mine when I lived in Europe. I never made it to Edinburgh, but my husband did and also loved it.

Only been to Edinburgh once, and that was for the Six Nations game between Scotland and Ireland back in 2013 (the ex is an Irishman) and it was the first time I tried haggis too... Can't get enough of the stuff. Would go again, but the SO is more Formula 1 than rugby union.

GreenEyedAllie

Only been to Edinburgh once, and that was for the Six Nations game between Scotland and Ireland back in 2013 (the ex is an Irishman) and it was the first time I tried haggis too... Can't get enough of the stuff. Would go again, but the SO is more Formula 1 than rugby union.

I mean this in the kindest way possible: SO is an idiot. (From gal that played rugby in college in the states.) I can't really pick, though. I sadly don't keep up with it anymore....

Latest posts