Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Psych1

I'm kinda upset I was not able to order my drake lipstick on 10/30 what's up with that lol I guess I will wait until it goes to Nordstrom then lol
I don't believe it actually launched on 10/30, I think the bloggers had inaccurate info. A few of us have called around to multiple counters throughout the US and were repeatedly told drake releases on 11/27 (or they had no idea what we were talking about ). If anyone did get it, they had a hookup of some kind bc it wasn't available for the general public based on all the calls I made

Medgal07

SAs must be thinking, "Drake's new barber got girls like
icon_eek.gif
" lol
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

And this is what's stopping me from ordering right away. I have one of the original Black Orchid lipsticks. It went off within a year or less and is now so stiff I can work with it even if I use a brush. I used to think that it was just a problem with the darker shades, but seeing comments here, I'm nervous. I wanted to get something wild and either Virgin Rose or Lilac Nymph (although I fear that one would look terrible on me), but there's no way I'm dishing out $58 + tax for something that's going to go off in a few months.

That shade looks so beautiful. I doubt it'll turn up here, so I'm just going to pretend that it doesn't exist...
This is not some urban legend as has been suggested, and I think enough of us have experienced this very real issue. TF does some things VERY well but I'm afraid
lipstick isn't one of them.

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]Did you go with the pre sale???[/COLOR]
Yes! I did a pre sale in case it actually does release before 11/27, I would be prepared. She said her counter received 12 of them, so I wanted to make sure I didn't have to battle for it in case it turns out to be popular.

Haven

[COLOR=0000FF]  This is not some urban legend as has been suggested, and I think enough of us have experienced this very real issue.  TF does some things VERY well but I'm afraid[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  lipstick isn't one of them.[/COLOR]
This is what has soured me on TF lipsticks for now. Plus I am over hunting for le products. Having to stalk/hunt for products has also turned me off of Mac. At least for now...

Medgal07

This is what has soured me on TF lipsticks for now. Plus I am over hunting for le products. Having to stalk/hunt for products has also turned me off of Mac. At least for now...
I'm so with you on that Haven. No way am I getting into that crazy stalking limited edition foolishness. That's exactly why I left MAC and never looked back.
Granted, there are some makeup items from my favorite brands that are more popular than others and might even sell out faster but I think there are fewer people
vying for them.

Haviggi

After all these reports about the lipsticks turning I was thinking that the thinking of TF launching as Permanent the line of Lips and Boys serves not only marketing purposes but also covers up in a way the problem of the already permanent line of his lipsticks.firstly you buy a mini lipstick in half the price of the full one, you get use of it sooner since it is less product so until it turns you have used the biggest amount of product but you bought it cheaper so you don't care and thirdly you get a huge variety in colors and hues in a purse friendly size. Otherwise, Why should TF make them permanent ?

Medgal07

After all these reports about the lipsticks turning I was thinking that the thinking of TF launching as Permanent the line of Lips and Boys serves not only marketing purposes but also covers up in a way the problem of the already permanent line of his lipsticks.firstly you buy a mini lipstick in half the price of the full one, you get use of it sooner since it is less product so until it turns you have used the biggest amount of product but you bought it cheaper so you don't care and thirdly you get a huge variety in colors and hues in a purse friendly size. Otherwise, Why should TF make them permanent ?
Plausible theory but not a good way to remain a formidable player in the cosmetics market.
ohboy.gif

Latest posts