Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Ernie

Eeeeekkk!!!! I love ALL of these in your swatch! Is Spice the one on the far left? And if so, is that Burnished Copper next to it? I love how green gold it looks. Definitely have to pick that one up!
Yes to spice and burnished copper! I just got Sphinx.

Icecaramellatte

View attachment 51810
View attachment 51811
Right to left
No Vacancy, Stolen Cherry,Infamy,Erotic,Exposed,Ravageur
Bottom left, Red Corset, Bottom right, Orchid Fatale

View attachment 51813
View attachment 51814
View attachment 51815
Right to left
Sphinx, Platinum, Siren Blue, Midnight Violet, Burnished Copper, Spice
Bottom right, Caviar
Bottom left, Opale

Yay! for Ernie! :catdance: :yay: :cowdance:

My SA text me that it's in so I'm going to check it out but the swatches help a whole bunch. I'm trying not to get too much. I kinda like all of them. But maybe I can get just 2 and wait for the others. The glosses look really pretty too. I wish there was more variety though. I don't see too many warm tones. Oh well, maybe it is time to step out of my comfort zone.

Ernie

Yay! for Ernie! :catdance: :yay: :cowdance:

My SA text me that it's in so I'm going to check it out but the swatches help a whole bunch. I'm trying not to get too much. I kinda like all of them. But maybe I can get just 2 and wait for the others. The glosses look really pretty too. I wish there was more variety though. I don't see too many warm tones. Oh well, maybe it is time to step out of my comfort zone.
I'm not a cream shadow lover, but these are gorgeous. I did get Sphinx. I also liked opale. I was disappointed by the lippies, I wanted some more natural tones. Also they stained like crazy.
also the pencils were kind of hard, in fact some of the tips broke off while I was testing them.

laurennnxox

Damn, I slept on Sphinx this morning and missed out for now. It's gone off Nordies. I have this shade in so many other formulas, UD fireball, and a LE Nars single if I can remember correctly. But I looove the formula of these creams. I might still nab opale though. It would push me over to a nordie's note and I can use it to get sphinx when it re-stocks.

Ernie

Ernie

Thank you for the wonderful swatches! I'd like to start with Sphinx, platinum, and opale....is it just me or does Sphinx seem duo chrome? There seems to be some pink in the picture.
You're welcome, and yes, Sphinx is the only duo chrome in the bunch. A soft gold with pink shift. I used to have a Borghese lipstick that looked just like that.

Ernie

Oh...I was just saying I would love to see swatches of the liners and there you are. Thanks so much Ernie!!:bowdown:

I actually already ordered Sphinx, but is it similar to either the bottom of Golden Peach or to the older Pink Haze?
You're welcome Winthrop!
So I don't have Pink Haze, but I took a picture of Golden Peach and Sphinx, they are completely different. In the picture you can't see the pink duo chrome in Sphinx, but you can see the difference.
image.jpg
Left, Sphinx
Right, Golden Peach

Vineetha

Sigh. I'll probably end up with it anyway, but I liked it better when it was a trio. Not getting if it actually is the same colors. The bottom one might be, but I don't think the top shade is.
There is a trio too with the collection I believe! From initial info l, Most of the summer collection seems to be perm! The only LE ones would be the duo and trio compacts (not sure about the cream blush). But the bronzers, lipsticks etc are designated permanent! ;)

Vineetha

You're welcome Winthrop!
So I don't have Pink Haze, but I took a picture of Golden Peach and Sphinx, they are completely different. In the picture you can't see the pink duo chrome in Sphinx, but you can see the difference.
View attachment 51822
Left, Sphinx
Right, Golden Peach
Thank you so much for the swatches Ernie :heart:! Sphinx looks really pretty! I wasn't very interested in it at all to begin with but I quite like it from the swatches!!

Latest posts