Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Discuss one of the up coming MAC collections here!

......this is such a pretty collection!!!!!!!!!!!

There is finally Prince Noir and Runway Red

I am so happy to see new shadesticks and fluidlines!!!
    And of course 2 new Quad....

It is so great to see so many cool toned and deep shades

Stunner blush does also sound super pretty....like a lighter version of Hipness maybe???

#TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

This might be my favorite collection of the year, and probably my biggest haul. I've been a little disappointed with the collections this year so far. But this one sounds so promising.
    If you'd like to support our site with a subscription please go to this page:

Paid Subscriptions - Specktra

I really hope to fall in love with this collection!! I like a lot of things but I have to limit myself because we'll soon see another big fall collection... I want to but two or three fluidlines (dark diversion and avenue for sure!!) because I don't have one and almost everyone loves them! the Lady gray quad seems stunning although it's a cool quad and I usually prefer warm tones.. I'm attracted by Runaway red and prince noir...but I don't usually wear vampy lips so maybe I should skip Prince noir.. I love the two CCB and I hope I can afford both^^^ Also the 226 must be mine muahahahah.... on my supermaybe list there is the equilibrium blush...I'm not interest in stunner because from the description it looks like all the other coral blush I have....(I usually say this and end up buying it anyway....)..... I'm not really interested in lipglasses!
    NC 20-25, brown eyes, mahogany/brown hair, Team Peacocky, Team Extra Dimension, team HEAVENLY CREATURE!!

ALLURING AQUATIC http://make-up-deer.blogspot.it/2014/05/mac-alluring-aquatic-playland-e.html
    MY WEB SITE (photography) http://lauradariapezzini.com

I am loving the up coming collections but I think Mac me over will be my big fall haul (just like semi precious is about to be my summer haul!)

My prelim list is.....
    runway red lipstick
    lady grey quad
    cakeshop & street cool shadesticks
    midnight blues and & dark envy fluidline (yeah for new fluidlines!)
    seaside ccb
    226 brush (thank feck its being repromoted cause I have been lemming it for ages!)

thankfully the only thing I want in the other up and coming collections that isn't permanent are the paint pots......

quick question...I have never used the shadesticks..are they like paint pots in pencil form? do they help shadow last longer? are there permanent shades already in mac? do they make a good base?

Quote Originally Posted by Edelmc View Post
    I am loving the up coming collections but I think Mac me over will be my big fall haul (just like semi precious is about to be my summer haul!)

My prelim list is.....
    runway red lipstick
    lady grey quad
    cakeshop & street cool shadesticks
    midnight blues and & dark envy fluidline (yeah for new fluidlines!)
    seaside ccb
    226 brush (thank feck its being repromoted cause I have been lemming it for ages!)

thankfully the only thing I want in the other up and coming collections that isn't permanent are the paint pots......

quick question...I have never used the shadesticks..are they like paint pots in pencil form? do they help shadow last longer? are there permanent shades already in mac? do they make a good base?
    Our hauls wil be very similar!!!

NC 20-25, brown eyes, mahogany/brown hair, Team Peacocky, Team Extra Dimension, team HEAVENLY CREATURE!!

ALLURING AQUATIC http://make-up-deer.blogspot.it/2014/05/mac-alluring-aquatic-playland-e.html

OH They repromote the 226! Yay! I'll probably get that one too. I love mine and it's kinda worn out by now since I'm using it almost everyday

I'm not sure about the other stuff though... maybe the fluidlines. I'd need to see pictures
    MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC42, Armani LSF #8, MAC MSFN Medium Dark
    TEAM PEACOCKY!
    personal blog: http://www.astridparamita.com

I'm so excited for this collection, everything sounds so great!
    My list as of consists of:
    Offshoot l/s (skipping Gem of Roses for this one!)
    Prince Noir l/s (not sure if I'd really wear it but I think it would be nice to have)
    Runaway Red l/s
    Carbonized e/s
    Cakeshop s/s
    Street Cool s/s
    Midnight Blues f/l
    Dark Envy f/l
    Stunner blush

Hopefully we'll be able to B2M for lippies cause this is going to be a costly collection, probably my biggest fall haul.
    So looking forward to swatches!
    "She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches with sad eyes, the slow dance of infinite stars." -Neil Gaiman

I wonder why here in Italy we can't back to MAC for LE lipsticks.... and most of the stores won't accept depotted things anymore

Quote Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post
    I wonder why here in Italy we can't back to MAC for LE lipsticks.... and most of the stores won't accept depotted things anymore
    It's very similar in the US, though I see MAC's point as LE l/s will most likely sell out anyway.

PRO King of Blending

I am over-the-moon excited about new fluidlines!

I am liking the sounds of:

Secret Lover l/s
    Social Light l/g
    Evil Eye Quad
    Midnight Blues Fluidline
    Dark Envy Fluidline
    Dark Diversion Fluidline
    Avenue Fluidline
    Jedi Master of Enabling - 2.9.10

This collection sounds AMAZING!!! New Fluidlines & shadesticks, yee!! I am glad they're re-promoting the #226 as well, I definitely need to get another one for my client kit.

*Hairstylist*

Colour descriptions are catching my eye!! I'm happy that Peachstock is coming back too because I'm late to MAC and I missed out on the Liberty of London collection (for the most part). Although I dunno if that lipstick would look good on a NW15-20.
    My YouTube channel [makeup].
    Please watch my videos + subscribe.

- - Rikki

Theres so much I like from this collection! I hope I can narrow my list down by the time there are swatches.
    NW10/NW15 ,copper hair, hazel brown eyeshttp://www.specktra.net/t/191121/sal...ed-to-clean-up

I wonder how the black fluidline will differ from Blitz & Glitz?
    MAC N/NC10-15

As I mentioned in the big 2011 collections discussions, if MAC Me Over is like Fabulous Felines everything should be in normal black packaging...and thus Back 2 Mac-able. I know I have two B2M bags ready to go, and I wonder if I can squeak out one more before this collection hits. I'm in the process of phasing out all of my MAC blushes and a good chunk of my lip stuff, so I'm only eying shadows for the moment.

Le List so far:

• 226 Brush x2
    • Moleskin, Carbonized, Mythical eyeshadows
    • Evil Eye quad

Debating on three 226 brushes. I have a feeling I'd wear mine down like cutemiaw mentioned, and the last time this was promoted was 2008? I don't want to wait another three years to pick up another. Eyeshadows obviously depend on swatches. Hoping to B2M for the three pot shadows, and as for the quads I only find the Evil Eye (love the name!) intriguing. Lady Grey sounds more suitable for cooler/paler ladies, though I do want the Hazy Day shadow included in it...I've been on a grey kick lately.
    Blasian Sensation
    NC44 | Chanel PL BA34 | NARS Tahoe | Meow Slinky Manx | Alima W5

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark View Post
    As I mentioned in the big 2011 collections discussions, if MAC Me Over is like Fabulous Felines everything should be in normal black packaging...and thus Back 2 Mac-able. I know I have two B2M bags ready to go, and I wonder if I can squeak out one more before this collection hits. I'm in the process of phasing out all of my MAC blushes and a good chunk of my lip stuff, so I'm only eying shadows for the moment.

Le List so far:

• 226 Brush x2
    • Moleskin, Carbonized, Mythical eyeshadows
    • Evil Eye quad

Debating on three 226 brushes. I have a feeling I'd wear mine down like cutemiaw mentioned, and the last time this was promoted was 2008? I don't want to wait another three years to pick up another. Eyeshadows obviously depend on swatches. Hoping to B2M for the three pot shadows, and as for the quads I only find the Evil Eye (love the name!) intriguing. Lady Grey sounds more suitable for cooler/paler ladies, though I do want the Hazy Day shadow included in it...I've been on a grey kick lately.
    That's a lovely nude combination. I can't wait for swatches and I hope that the matte shades are easy to work with.

I don't think you need 3 x 226. If you take good care of them, they will last a long time.

PRO King of Blending

interested in the following, all depending on swatches ofcourse
    lipsticks; peachstock and off shoot
    eyeshadows: creamy bisque, moleskin and outre
    fluide line: dark diversion and dark envy

I can't make even a preliminary list without seeing some sort of pictures.
    Five by Five: A Beauty Blog
    @jensawolverine

2 fluidlines, carbonized es, 1 ls, 1 blush need to see some images of these coming collections
    My make up page https://www.facebook.com/ilovemakeup.ro

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark View Post
    I agree with Mac-Guy, I didn't think you need three. Mine is still in pretty good condition, actually. I just thought since I use it often, unless I buy a new one, the old one probably wont last me until the next release! Btw, this brush is a little harsher than other MAC brush I have, so you might also want to try it out before buying multiples

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC42, Armani LSF #8, MAC MSFN Medium Dark
    TEAM PEACOCKY!
    personal blog: http://www.astridparamita.com

the evil eyes quad sounds great! and midnight blues and the green fluidline are also appealing! i need to study up and see what i want!

Quote Originally Posted by cutemiauw View Post
    I agree with Mac-Guy, I didn't think you need three. Mine is still in pretty good condition, actually. I just thought since I use it often, unless I buy a new one, the old one probably wont last me until the next release! Btw, this brush is a little harsher than other MAC brush I have, so you might also want to try it out before buying multiples

I always find the dark bristles a bit more coarse than then lighter ones.

PRO King of Blending

i love the 226 brush. hubby bought it for me for valentines day one year i think and i love using it for crease work. i love that depending on how you hold it you can either get a precise application for a cut crease look. or if you angle it and almost use it on it's side you can use it to apply and blend at the same time! i love the 226!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane View Post
    I can't make even a preliminary list without seeing some sort of pictures.
    I started searching for the swatches of the repromotes last night. That gave me some ideas.
    Hope we will see the product images and the swatches of the whole collection soon.
    MAC NC15 • Team Pink

I'm sooooo excited for this collection!

My list so far:

Runaway Red l/s
    Offshoot l/s
    Prince Noir l/s
    Lady Grey e/s quad
    Heirloom shadestick
    Street Cool shadestick
    Dark Diversion fluidline b/u

I can't wait to see swatches for this collection. My list will either grow, or shrink lol.

Nenita
    NW25/NW30 ; Brown hair; Light brown eyes

Both quads sound great, but I'm gonna try to limit myself to one. I'm not interested at all in the fluidlines since I hate wearing liner on my top lash line.

Why does MAC always repromote e/s in quads? I like repromotes, but not in quads.
    PRO King of Blending

I don't mind repromotes in quads as long as they are limited edition shades that were really popular or we haven't seen in awhile. Please, no more Showstopper and Deep Truth. I love Showstopper, but it's in every quad, it seems. I'm not crazy about Deep Truth and that one has come around too many times and it's permanent anyway. I'm thankful neither one of these will be making an appearance this year. I have 3 Showstoppers already!

Thanks for your input MAC-guy and cutemiaw. :3 I'll just get two 226s. I know it'll be a workhorse/daily use brush so if I get two I won't have to have so much wear on them. As for the stiffness of the brush, I don't mind that, since the problem I have with the 222/224 is that they're too soft for me as well as too big. I have a 223 but it's too skinny for blending and a NARS #12 but it's actually too small.
    Blasian Sensation
    NC44 | Chanel PL BA34 | NARS Tahoe | Meow Slinky Manx | Alima W5

Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast