MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

kimibos

i ended up getting from nordstrom : oh oh oh
offshoot
226 --- they all look the same to me, the counter had a lot of them.
stunner

i had to go to the mac store and get the stunner blush cause they didnt have it anymore at nordstrom. they had everything at the mac store. i swatches the evil eye quad, and its like the worst thing in the collection in my opinion. which is a same cause the colors look pretty.

if you live in the boston area you should definately check the burlington mall.

Icecaramellatte

Sheen Supreme Blossom Culture ls - on hand & tissue. It's lovely with Stunner Blush!

Stunner Blush
Why did you have to mention Blossom Culture? LOL Great minds think alike. I swatched this on my hand today just as I was about to check out and thought it was really pretty. I wondered if it would look good on me. I sheered it out on my hand a bit and it had a pretty shimmer to it. I was just about to check out the Sheen Supreme thread which I have totally ignored.

luvlydee

I just got outre and my 211 brush today. I also got 2 mirrors by accident -_- i didnt noticed it said mirror x2 when i checked out.

anyways... im liking the shape of the 211 brush. I suck at making cat eyes with my liquid liners, so hopefully this will help me more.
Outre... oh Outre why must you disappoint me? I see NO mustard yellow in it! like really Mac? Really?

I took a pic of it next to the ochre color from the double feature 4, and it seems like the color from double feature 4 has more yellow in it...

double feature 4 on left, and outre on right

peachsuns

I just came back from my counter.

Moleskin was beautiful. It looked like it's between Soft Brown and Wedge. It's warmer than Wedge. I liked it! Creamy Bisque looked similar to Dazzlelight. Stunner showed up really well on my skin. I compared it with Dainty, and Dainty was more yellow pink. Lady Grey quad was not easy to swatch at all except Hazy Day (VP). Evil Eye quad was easy to swatch even it had two Matte shadows. Shadesticks were nice and creamy. 226 was nice.

I may have to go back later since I could not decide.
eeksign.gif

Mac-Guy

Yep, I'm liking Moleskin. Its a great crease color. And, I used it all around my eye, fairly thick rimming under lower lashline, Carbonized smudge over that into lashline & then Avenue in waterline & liner. quite a lovely look.

This sounds lovely. I am still at awe how soft and buttery the texture of Moleskin is - it's almost like a Matte2. I probably should get a BU.

Icecaramellatte

I just got outre and my 211 brush today. I also got 2 mirrors by accident -_- i didnt noticed it said mirror x2 when i checked out.

anyways... im liking the shape of the 211 brush. I suck at making cat eyes with my liquid liners, so hopefully this will help me more.
Outre... oh Outre why must you disappoint me? I see NO mustard yellow in it! like really Mac? Really?

I took a pic of it next to the ochre color from the double feature 4, and it seems like the color from double feature 4 has more yellow in it...

double feature 4 on left, and outre on right
I just came back to mention Outre. I already have Ochre Style so I didn't have Outre on my list but I decide to swatch it anyway. It wasn't very mustard to my eye either. I did swatch it next to the similar color in the duo. They looked pretty much the same on my hand but the duo color was more pigmented. I had to build up Outre to get them to the same opacity. Mind you I was using a q-tip for swatching.

edited - How do you like the mirror? I was thinking of getting one.

elegant-one

Why did you have to mention Blossom Culture? LOL Great minds think alike. I swatched this on my hand today just as I was about to check out and thought it was really pretty. I wondered if it would look good on me. I sheered it out on my hand a bit and it had a pretty shimmer to it. I was just about to check out the Sheen Supreme thread which I have totally ignored.
friends.gif
Blossom Culture is really really pretty on. I have very pigmented lips & it shows up nicely.

elegant-one

This sounds lovely. I am still at awe how soft and buttery the texture of Moleskin is - it's almost like a Matte2. I probably should get a BU.
Yes I agree with that. It is soft :) & I like it now that I've played with it.

I have been running around with Moleskin & Carbonized & Avenue on one eye & Take Root & no liner on the other. I had to explain that to the hubs...but then I think he is quite used to that from me by now
amuse.gif

ladyarwen

I got Rebel, Offshoot, Runaway Red, and Prince Noir today. I'm wearing Rebel right now! Will post a pic once I get back from work. It's a killer shade, I love it.

XxMoOmOoxX

I went to the Mac counter at Macy's today and the 226 brush on display looked like a small version of the 224 brush. The 226 was definitely less tapered than previous versions, but I didn't check the stock items and ended up not getting it. ugh
yucky.gif

I'm going back to Macy's tonight to see all the 226 brushes that they have in stock (they have like 20) and I'll just get the one that's most tapered.

Copperhead

We can back-to-mac for the lipsticks right? I have 6 empties. If I like one when I go to the counter this evening I may look to back to mac for it.

elegant-one

Rebel IS one hot lipstick! I love it.

Well, I couldn't find Hush ccb,(its here somewhere :) ) so I tried it over Shell ccb which is a very lovely icy peach color & its lovely. It really kicks Moleskin up a notch. I think the color of Moleskin could be a nudey/natural cameleon kinda eyeshadow color

Icecaramellatte

Elegant - I tried Oh, Oh, Oh. It is a very nice plummy color with a hint of gold shimmer. It is pretty sheer but I tend to like the lustre formula. It does cover though. I remembered that it was compared to O lipstick. I dug out O. I haven't worn this in ages. It's a good thing too because it had broken off in the cap. Uh I hate mess. Anyway, swatched on the hand, O looks just like Oh, Oh, Oh except it is more opaque. I decided to apply Oh Oh Oh on my bottom lip with O on the top. Oh Oh Oh looks super frosty next to O (lots of gold). It like O is gold with plum in it. Next to O, Oh Oh Oh has barely any shimmer. In fact, due to the large amount of gold in O lipstick, it is looking kind of brown next to Oh Oh Oh. So in short, if you don't like O lipstick because of the high amount of gold frost, you may like Oh Oh Oh better.

Latest posts