MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

cutemiauw

Debating on three 226 brushes. I have a feeling I'd wear mine down like cutemiaw mentioned, and the last time this was promoted was 2008? I don't want to wait another three years to pick up another. Eyeshadows obviously depend on swatches. Hoping to B2M for the three pot shadows, and as for the quads I only find the Evil Eye (love the name!) intriguing. Lady Grey sounds more suitable for cooler/paler ladies, though I do want the Hazy Day shadow included in it...I've been on a grey kick lately.
I agree with Mac-Guy, I didn't think you need three. Mine is still in pretty good condition, actually. I just thought since I use it often, unless I buy a new one, the old one probably wont last me until the next release! Btw, this brush is a little harsher than other MAC brush I have, so you might also want to try it out before buying multiples
2cents.gif

LMD84

the evil eyes quad sounds great! and midnight blues and the green fluidline are also appealing! i need to study up and see what i want! :)

Mac-Guy

I agree with Mac-Guy, I didn't think you need three. Mine is still in pretty good condition, actually. I just thought since I use it often, unless I buy a new one, the old one probably wont last me until the next release! Btw, this brush is a little harsher than other MAC brush I have, so you might also want to try it out before buying multiples
2cents.gif
I always find the dark bristles a bit more coarse than then lighter ones.

LMD84

i love the 226 brush. hubby bought it for me for valentines day one year i think and i love using it for crease work. i love that depending on how you hold it you can either get a precise application for a cut crease look. or if you angle it and almost use it on it's side you can use it to apply and blend at the same time! i love the 226!

peachsuns

I can't make even a preliminary list without seeing some sort of pictures.

iagree.gif
I started searching for the swatches of the repromotes last night. That gave me some ideas.
Hope we will see the product images and the swatches of the whole collection soon.
cheerleader.gif

madeinbrklyn

I'm sooooo excited for this collection!

My list so far:

Runaway Red l/s
Offshoot l/s
Prince Noir l/s
Lady Grey e/s quad
Heirloom shadestick
Street Cool shadestick
Dark Diversion fluidline b/u

I can't wait to see swatches for this collection. My list will either grow, or shrink lol.

ladyarwen

Both quads sound great, but I'm gonna try to limit myself to one. I'm not interested at all in the fluidlines since I hate wearing liner on my top lash line.

shontay07108

I don't mind repromotes in quads as long as they are limited edition shades that were really popular or we haven't seen in awhile. Please, no more Showstopper and Deep Truth. I love Showstopper, but it's in every quad, it seems. I'm not crazy about Deep Truth and that one has come around too many times and it's permanent anyway. I'm thankful neither one of these will be making an appearance this year. I have 3 Showstoppers already!

QueenOfSnark

Thanks for your input MAC-guy and cutemiaw. :3 I'll just get two 226s. I know it'll be a workhorse/daily use brush so if I get two I won't have to have so much wear on them. As for the stiffness of the brush, I don't mind that, since the problem I have with the 222/224 is that they're too soft for me as well as too big. I have a 223 but it's too skinny for blending and a NARS #12 but it's actually too small.

hoshiakari_

lol I hope mind doesn't grow! I have enough on my wishy list as it is.
But I don't want it to shrink either...
girlhaha.gif

I'm sooooo excited for this collection!

My list so far:

Runaway Red l/s
Offshoot l/s
Prince Noir l/s
Lady Grey e/s quad
Heirloom shadestick
Street Cool shadestick
Dark Diversion fluidline b/u

I can't wait to see swatches for this collection. My list will either grow, or shrink lol.

Mac-Guy

I don't mind repromotes in quads as long as they are limited edition shades that were really popular or we haven't seen in awhile. Please, no more Showstopper and Deep Truth. I love Showstopper, but it's in every quad, it seems. I'm not crazy about Deep Truth and that one has come around too many times and it's permanent anyway. I'm thankful neither one of these will be making an appearance this year. I have 3 Showstoppers already!
I am soooo over Showstopper and Carbon.

wishonastar

I'm really liking the sound of this collection. There are quite a few things that interest me from the descriptions but it all depends on how I feel at the time and pigmentation.
Secret Lover L/S
Offshoot L/S
Runway Red L/S
Social Light l/G
Evil Eye Quad
Lady Grey Quad
Creamy Bisque E/S
Outre E/S
Carbonized E/S
All of the Shadesticks (I've never used these before so they might not appeal when I find out what they are)
All Fluidlines apart from Dark Diversion as I have this already.
Stunner Blush
The brushes.

That is quite a bit so hopefully once we find out more my list goes down a bit! I really liked Felines last year so I'm not suprised I like the sound of this one.

OctoberViolet

I am soooooo excited about this collection. This is my MUST haul from collection for the Fall.
yahoo.gif

As of now, I want just about everything from this collection. My MUST haves, which will probably change as we get closer & pictures/swatches become available are:

Prince Noir lipstick (maybe 2 of them)
Smoked Purple
Runaway Red
Oh, Oh, Oh
Off Shoot
Secret Lover (maybe)

Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad
Evil Eyeshadow Quad (maybe)

Teddy eyeliner

I want a few of the shadesticks , but I'm not sure what they are. Can someone please help? Are they like eyeliners or an eyeshadow?
I'm thinking of: Street Cool, Heirloom & Cakeshop

That's all for now. Phew!!! This will be costing me a small fortune, but well worth it. I've been having lipstickgasms all day long thinking about all the lipsticks coming out.
blush-anim-cl.gif

jennifa

I wonder what makes the 226 brush so special? I really don't know, because I was really young and not yet into makeup when it came out :3

I need pictures too, but judging from the descriptions, Avenue fluidline, Cakeshop shadestick (I've never had a shadestick before!), Stunner blush, and Runway Red lipstick sound like imperative purchases :)

Jenny

sosdrielle

I am soooooo excited about this collection. This is my MUST haul from collection for the Fall.
yahoo.gif

As of now, I want just about everything from this collection. My MUST haves, which will probably change as we get closer & pictures/swatches become available are:

Smoked Purple
Runaway Red
Oh, Oh, Oh
Off Shoot
Secret Lover (maybe)

Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad

Teddy eyeliner
Teddy's permanent, so you could pick it up now or later, cutting back on spending all that money at once.

katred

Specktra Bestie
yahoo.gif

Smoked Purple
Runaway Red
Oh, Oh, Oh
Off Shoot
Secret Lover (maybe)

Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad

Teddy eyeliner

I want a few of the shadesticks , but I'm not sure what they are. Can someone please help? Are they like eyeliners or an eyeshadow?
I'm thinking of: Street Cool, Heirloom & Cakeshop

That's all for now. Phew!!! This will be costing me a small fortune, but well worth it. I've been having lipstickgasms all day long thinking about all the lipsticks coming out.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Great list! I'm planning on getting many of the same things. FYI, If you'd like to "spread the pain" a little, you can order Smoked Purple now since it's a permanent PRO item.

The shadesticks are like a shadow (although I've honestly not tried using them as a liner), but in stick form. I find them a little less heavy and emollient in terms of consistency than the Greasepaint Sticks. I have Cakeshop and I quite like it. It's quite frosty, just so you know, but I really like it.

Mac-Guy

The Teddy eyeliner is also part of the perm collection. You can go Fall shopping right now
bigstar.gif

Latest posts