MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

MACina

pompom.gif
......this is such a pretty collection!!!!!!!!!!!

There is finally Prince Noir and Runway Red
heart.gif

I am so happy to see new shadesticks and fluidlines!!!
And of course 2 new Quad....

It is so great to see so many cool toned and deep shades
yahoo.gif

Stunner blush does also sound super pretty....like a lighter version of Hipness maybe???

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This might be my favorite collection of the year, and probably my biggest haul. I've been a little disappointed with the collections this year so far. But this one sounds so promising.

xasperadastra

I really hope to fall in love with this collection!! I like a lot of things but I have to limit myself because we'll soon see another big fall collection... I want to but two or three fluidlines (dark diversion and avenue for sure!!) because I don't have one and almost everyone loves them! the Lady gray quad seems stunning although it's a cool quad and I usually prefer warm tones.. I'm attracted by Runaway red and prince noir...but I don't usually wear vampy lips so maybe I should skip Prince noir.. I love the two CCB and I hope I can afford both^^^ Also the 226 must be mine muahahahah.... on my supermaybe list there is the equilibrium blush...I'm not interest in stunner because from the description it looks like all the other coral blush I have....(I usually say this and end up buying it anyway....)..... I'm not really interested in lipglasses!

Edelmc

I am loving the up coming collections but I think Mac me over will be my big fall haul (just like semi precious is about to be my summer haul!)

My prelim list is.....
runway red lipstick
lady grey quad
cakeshop & street cool shadesticks
midnight blues and & dark envy fluidline (yeah for new fluidlines!)
seaside ccb
226 brush (thank feck its being repromoted cause I have been lemming it for ages!)

thankfully the only thing I want in the other up and coming collections that isn't permanent are the paint pots......

quick question...I have never used the shadesticks..are they like paint pots in pencil form? do they help shadow last longer? are there permanent shades already in mac? do they make a good base?

xasperadastra

I am loving the up coming collections but I think Mac me over will be my big fall haul (just like semi precious is about to be my summer haul!)

My prelim list is.....
runway red lipstick
lady grey quad
cakeshop & street cool shadesticks
midnight blues and & dark envy fluidline (yeah for new fluidlines!)
seaside ccb
226 brush (thank feck its being repromoted cause I have been lemming it for ages!)

thankfully the only thing I want in the other up and coming collections that isn't permanent are the paint pots......

quick question...I have never used the shadesticks..are they like paint pots in pencil form? do they help shadow last longer? are there permanent shades already in mac? do they make a good base?
Our hauls wil be very similar!!!

cutemiauw

OH They repromote the 226! Yay! I'll probably get that one too. I love mine and it's kinda worn out by now since I'm using it almost everyday
amuse.gif

I'm not sure about the other stuff though... maybe the fluidlines. I'd need to see pictures :D

hoshiakari_

I'm so excited for this collection, everything sounds so great!
My list as of consists of:
Offshoot l/s (skipping Gem of Roses for this one!)
Prince Noir l/s (not sure if I'd really wear it but I think it would be nice to have)
Runaway Red l/s
Carbonized e/s
Cakeshop s/s
Street Cool s/s
Midnight Blues f/l
Dark Envy f/l
Stunner blush

Hopefully we'll be able to B2M for lippies cause this is going to be a costly collection, probably my biggest fall haul. :D
So looking forward to swatches!

xasperadastra

I wonder why here in Italy we can't back to MAC for LE lipsticks.... and most of the stores won't accept depotted things anymore :(

AudreyNicole

I am over-the-moon excited about new fluidlines!

I am liking the sounds of:

Secret Lover l/s
Social Light l/g
Evil Eye Quad
Midnight Blues Fluidline
Dark Envy Fluidline
Dark Diversion Fluidline
Avenue Fluidline

clslvr6spd

This collection sounds AMAZING!!! New Fluidlines & shadesticks, yee!! I am glad they're re-promoting the #226 as well, I definitely need to get another one for my client kit.

ssaemblog

Colour descriptions are catching my eye!! I'm happy that Peachstock is coming back too because I'm late to MAC and I missed out on the Liberty of London collection (for the most part). Although I dunno if that lipstick would look good on a NW15-20.

QueenOfSnark

As I mentioned in the big 2011 collections discussions, if MAC Me Over is like Fabulous Felines everything should be in normal black packaging...and thus Back 2 Mac-able. I know I have two B2M bags ready to go, and I wonder if I can squeak out one more before this collection hits. I'm in the process of phasing out all of my MAC blushes and a good chunk of my lip stuff, so I'm only eying shadows for the moment.

Le List so far:

• 226 Brush x2
  • Moleskin, Carbonized, Mythical eyeshadows
  • Evil Eye quad

Debating on three 226 brushes. I have a feeling I'd wear mine down like cutemiaw mentioned, and the last time this was promoted was 2008? I don't want to wait another three years to pick up another. Eyeshadows obviously depend on swatches. Hoping to B2M for the three pot shadows, and as for the quads I only find the Evil Eye (love the name!) intriguing. Lady Grey sounds more suitable for cooler/paler ladies, though I do want the Hazy Day shadow included in it...I've been on a grey kick lately.

Mac-Guy

As I mentioned in the big 2011 collections discussions, if MAC Me Over is like Fabulous Felines everything should be in normal black packaging...and thus Back 2 Mac-able. I know I have two B2M bags ready to go, and I wonder if I can squeak out one more before this collection hits. I'm in the process of phasing out all of my MAC blushes and a good chunk of my lip stuff, so I'm only eying shadows for the moment.

Le List so far:

• 226 Brush x2
  • Moleskin, Carbonized, Mythical eyeshadows
  • Evil Eye quad

Debating on three 226 brushes. I have a feeling I'd wear mine down like cutemiaw mentioned, and the last time this was promoted was 2008? I don't want to wait another three years to pick up another. Eyeshadows obviously depend on swatches. Hoping to B2M for the three pot shadows, and as for the quads I only find the Evil Eye (love the name!) intriguing. Lady Grey sounds more suitable for cooler/paler ladies, though I do want the Hazy Day shadow included in it...I've been on a grey kick lately.
That's a lovely nude combination. I can't wait for swatches and I hope that the matte shades are easy to work with.

I don't think you need 3 x 226. If you take good care of them, they will last a long time.

Mabelle

interested in the following, all depending on swatches ofcourse
lipsticks; peachstock and off shoot
eyeshadows: creamy bisque, moleskin and outre
fluide line: dark diversion and dark envy

Latest posts