MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

cmwriley

Genuine Treasure is absolutely beautiful layered on top of Satin Taupe. I had Satin taupe on my lids when my black box came and I just used my fingers to put some GT on top. So pretty!!

Mac-Guy

Genuine Treasure is absolutely beautiful layered on top of Satin Taupe. I had Satin taupe on my lids when my black box came and I just used my fingers to put some GT on top. So pretty!!

This sounds like a dream-taupe combination, though I would probably apply it the other way around - or both ways. In any case, I have to try this out. Thanks for sharing!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

I must try this, sounds beautiful! Satin Taupe is probably my most worn e/s ever, and Genuine Treasure is on the top of my list, for when the collection will be released next month over here.
Can't wait
pompom.gif

LaAle

I ended up buying Treasure Hunt, Genuine Treasure and Nubile (and Jealousy Wakes e/s actually), can't wait for my black box!
...Even if I like Half-wind I didn't order it because "I don't use such colors so often". Now it's sold out, I regret not buying it, obviously
wacko.gif

liba

Got my haul! Posted a picture in the swatch thread.

In person, Half-Wild and Hyperviolet were kind of similar. Hyperviolet is more of a bruised purple, and more on the matte side. Half-Wild is every so slightly shimmery and more grape. I'm not sure I love it. It may be too similar to Hyperviolet to keep, but I'll give it a shot. Imaginary is tricky though. Indoors, it looks blue, but in sunlight, it looks purple.

I ended up buying Rare Exotic, not that I need ANOTHER bright pink, but it was pretty. Applied very well. You gotta be able to work a color like that!

I also tried on Potent Fig which is very pretty, but I didn't think I would wear it enough to justify purchasing it. Plus I have Night Violet (which is more red) and I rarely use it.
Strangely enough, Half-Wild and Hyperviolet looked very similar on my skin tone (NC15) too, when swatched on my hand. Texture is different and on the eyes, I bet other differences will come out - haven't had a chance to try on the eye lids yet.

Rare Exotic is SO pigmented. I tried every color in the store on my lips except Potent Fig and the pure red one and only Rare Exotic did not want to budge. Even 2 makeup removal wipes and a few tissues couldn't get it all off. All the other colors I tried rubbed right off without any effort. It sure makes a lovely stain.

Potent Fig is very close to that purple lipstick from that fall trend collection from 2 years ago - Faultlessly F/W. 'Just a touch cooler. That's great, because I always wanted that one! I knew I was getting Potent Fig no matter what, so I actually haven't tried it on my lips yet.

lexielex

Picked up Genuine Treasure paint pot this afternoon and it swatches so beautiful.
I can't wait to wear it but idk what to pair with it suggestions please!

Shellcat

I picked up today:

Nubile
Idyllic
Treasure Hunt
Genuine Treasure
Half-Wild

...and the Lady Grey quad, that I left out from the MMO collection.

I have been experimenting with these P/P with the MES from the Semi-Precious collection, and I must say....just WOW! Half-Wild with Hint of Sapphire is BEAUTIFUL!

If anyone is curious and would like to see any pics with eyeshadows on top of any P/P above, give me a holla!

Icecaramellatte

I ended up getting the rest of the paint pots that I didn't get online. I have no self-control. I'm really working on being more selective but it was just tough! I was so sure I didn't need the blue but it was just soooo pretty. I came home to find my black box! So in all I got:
-all the paint pots
-both nail polishes

I'll try and snap a few tomorrow. After I tested them, I passed out for the afternoon.
greengrin.gif
I hear ya! That is what I'm about to do. I'm too tired to even try anything. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday so I'll have the whole weekend to play with my new goodies.

lmcmullen

Well, I wasn't going to get anything from this collection but my resolve weakened. I ended up with Nubile (which I justified because I'm nearly out of Painterly and was going to replace it) and Naked Bliss (which I justifed because I am nearly out of my adored Marquise D from WW and this looks similar). I really wanted to try a mattene, too.

sss215

BTW...I LOVE Genuine Treasure!
It was so pretty, and complex, but it left too much glitter on my lids and in the eye area.

The collection was very nice, but I only got Nubile. The paint pots were too creamy for my liking. I put them on my lids and I felt like they had too much give than paint pots in the past. Like I had to put it on with my finger and then buff it down alot for it to stay. Then repeat. My other paint pots go on, require some buffing of the edges and that's it. I feel these take more work and they just moved too much making me feet like they wouldn't hold up for long even with a primer. Thinking about going back for Imaginary, because it was lovely. Checking out an event next week for that one. I am not worried about sell outs because the stores I know hold back tons of product for events.

Half Wild was just regular. I have a few shadows very similar, and when it comes to purple, Push the Edge pigment is my HG purple, and I still have the original pigment jar so, I'm please with that.

Hyperviolet should be a damn lipcolor. I didn't even try it on my eyes, thinking, this should be on my lips... SO pretty, but I usually don't do deep berries on my lids. I can't wait to see what people do with it.

HoneyMilk

I looooove love loooove
heart.gif
Genuine Treasure! OMG! It is perfect to layer on top of something else for sparkle. I think EVERYONE should own it. And BU. You could easily carry this in your bag and use it after work for going out (low lighting).

I like the others but GT is my precious!

hopefully MAC will release more transparent bases with glitter (silver version? multi? pink? ahhh!)

Latest posts