MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

MACina

Me....I am suuuuuuuuuuuper excited for the return of Mattenes!!!

And of course for new paint pots
cheerleader.gif

hoshiakari_

I only own one mattene but I'm only going to get Deliciously Forbidden since the paint pots are seriously going to drain me of moolah... not to mention I love the name. XD
These will be my first paint pots, though and I'm excited for that.
pompom.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Who is excited for the return of mattenes in this collection?!

ME!!! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!! I seriously want about a half dozen of them. I love these. And purple paint pots... *swoon*. There are items I want from all the collections, but damn, I think this is the one that has me the most on edge to get what I want...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I've never tried Mattenes, but I really want to get them with this collection. How is the texture of these? Are they kind of dry? I already have problems wearing the regular lipsticks with matte finish or the Pro Longwear Lipcremes, for example.

LittleMaryJane

It's weird because new paint pots sound awesome but I rarely touch the ones I have now. Should really keep that in mind when the time comes to buy.

OctoberViolet

I've never tried a mattene lipstick before. What is the difference between these, regular lipsticks & the supreme sheen ones?
anyone.gif

As of now I want: Potent Fig, Fresh Amour, Unknown Pleasures, Deliciously Forbidden & Delectable.
clapping.gif

jennifa

I need pictures! But I am already drooling over the paintpot descriptions.... *droooool*

Hehehe, we're all going to be so collectively broke over this collection!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've never tried a mattene lipstick before. What is the difference between these, regular lipsticks & the supreme sheen ones?
anyone.gif

As of now I want: Potent Fig, Fresh Amour, Unknown Pleasures, Deliciously Forbidden & Delectable.
clapping.gif

Mattenes are closest to matte-finish lipsticks, but they have a very slight sheen to them and they aren't drying. Seriously, the coverage is 100% opaque, near-matte and your lips feel lovely when you're wearing it. They come in skinny tubes like the old slimshines (at least, they have when Mac has done them before. I find the formula much lighter than most Mac mattes and much smoother to apply.

Not to presume on our makeup acquaintance, but from what I've seen of your preferences, I think you're going to want these.

Babylard

OMG SQUEE MATTENES IN NORMAL COLORS (normal for me, I didn't like those dark dark shades recently).

I am kinda sad that they did not repromote poise and 40's pink. I love those shades. poise is all gone and I've been afraid to use up my 40's pink. The formula is awesome. I love it more than any formula. The color intensity is opaque. The tube is slim and sleek with the texture of nars packaging (velvety). The texture is creamy and smooth and very non-drying. The lipstick is semi-matte and similar to amplified creme, but thinner and lighter. I am gonna stock the shit out of this collection D:

Naked Bliss - Neutral light pink
Delectable - Orange-beige

I think these two are going to be the most popular. The nice thing about mattenes is that they are so opaque so it doesn't make pigmented lips look like poop or ghostly blue/concealer when you don't use lipliner or gloss <3

OctoberViolet

Thank you, Katred!!!! I'm very excited to try these new mattene lipsticks. The colors sound gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Mattenes are closest to matte-finish lipsticks, but they have a very slight sheen to them and they aren't drying. Seriously, the coverage is 100% opaque, near-matte and your lips feel lovely when you're wearing it. They come in skinny tubes like the old slimshines (at least, they have when Mac has done them before. I find the formula much lighter than most Mac mattes and much smoother to apply.

Not to presume on our makeup acquaintance, but from what I've seen of your preferences, I think you're going to want these.

Latest posts