MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

Endit

I'm such a nerd. Whenever anything new comes out or I something I really want I obsessively track down every bit of info I can on it. So... 2 more places I spoted MM recently:

m0rg3nst3rn

Will this be released in the US next week as well with PP?

It's been on Pro for almost a week, but my store had not received it yet... Has anybody seen it in stores yet?

I saw it in the Pro store and at the freestanding store(They will be releasing it next week) but didn't try it because I was already wearing Studio Fix and didn't feel like removing it...

PinkBasset

Here's some comparison pictures if someone's interested:

192, 193 and 190

The 193 fits perfectly under my eyes!

Left top Matchmaster 1.0, left bottom Mineralize Satinfinish nc15. Right top to bottom: Prolongwear nc15, Studio Fix Fluid nc15, F&B C1.

HoneyMilk

OK, are my eyes messing with me? 1.0 looks darker than SFF nc15.. (which is almost too dark for me).. hmmmmmm

Mac-Guy

Here's some comparison pictures if someone's interested:

192, 193 and 190

The 193 fits perfectly under my eyes!

Left top Matchmaster 1.0, left bottom Mineralize Satinfinish nc15. Right top to bottom: Prolongwear nc15, Studio Fix Fluid nc15, F&B C1.

Awesome, it's funny that the 193 is smaller than the 192, but I like the angle very much.

PinkBasset

OK, are my eyes messing with me? 1.0 looks darker than SFF nc15.. (which is almost too dark for me).. hmmmmmm

It's not darker. It really does adjust to the skintone quite well. Majority of NC15 foundations are too dark for me in winter, so I'm hoping this matchmaster in 1.0 will be pale enough. For now it's not too dark at all so there's hope! :) On my hand the blob of foundations looks dark, but when I spread it on my face it looked much lighter. I would say mm is at least as pale as the mineralize satinfinish (even though there it looks darker), but as it adjusts itself, I can imagine it can be even lighter than that. At least I got a lighter face with it.
greengrin.gif
I suck at explaining, sorry. My point is, mm in 1.0 seems to be the palest of Mac foundations.

xStarryEyedX

I'm never on here anymore, so a little late replying to this.... But I am absolutely obsessed with this foundation. OBSESSED.

ansimi

The 193 looks great to me! Thanks for the pics:) It also looks like 1.0 should be a good colour for me but I'm not sure the formula sounds right for me. I'll be sure to get a sample though.

legendoflauren

I got a sample of the 1.5 a few days ago. I'm usually a NC15 in Studio Fix Fluid, which I find runs a little light during the winter. I also have really oily skin, and usually have to blot my face every 4-6 hours.

I think 1.5 was a touch dark for me and ran a little touch orange - but I am a fan of the finish. Great buildable coverage (without looking cakey), and looks slightly more natural than a full matte finish like my beloved SFF. I've been wearing it for the past few days, and found I only have to blot my face every 5-6 hours. I will probably purchase this foundation once my SFF runs out and if I'm a good match for 1.0.

Also, I don't know if someone else has mentioned this yet... but Matchmaster is now available online for all you US folks.

And by the way, what is the NC15 equivalent in F&B? The only PRO/freestanding MAC stores are a plane ride away from me :(

jenniferm229

I just sat here and read through this entiiiiire thread. You all just seem to reallly know your stuff! I really wish you guys were at the MAC counter here near me. I have not be too thrilled with my base makeup lately (been wearing MAC for yrs) .. I'm not getting the best coverage, it's going on blotchy, my nose/upper lip/chin is oily so 3 hrs into the makeup it looks like its just sitting on top going into every possible crevice .. looks not pleasant .. and blotting doesn't help. I usually have to redo that area a few times a day from scratch. One day it looks too light for me .. and the next day the same exact stuff looks too dark. I don' t know .. I'm in makeup limbo right now. I keep looking for a solution and adjusting little things .. but have not got to that happy place yet .. The MAC sales associates here near me don't seem to really help that much. :/ So .. it's just a bunch of trial and error for me .. I'll figure it out one day. Hopefully. Great reading all your stuff though!

Endit

I just sat here and read through this entiiiiire thread. You all just seem to reallly know your stuff! I really wish you guys were at the MAC counter here near me. I have not be too thrilled with my base makeup lately (been wearing MAC for yrs) .. I'm not getting the best coverage, it's going on blotchy, my nose/upper lip/chin is oily so 3 hrs into the makeup it looks like its just sitting on top going into every possible crevice .. looks not pleasant .. and blotting doesn't help. I usually have to redo that area a few times a day from scratch. One day it looks too light for me .. and the next day the same exact stuff looks too dark. I don' t know .. I'm in makeup limbo right now. I keep looking for a solution and adjusting little things .. but have not got to that happy place yet .. The MAC sales associates here near me don't seem to really help that much. :/ So .. it's just a bunch of trial and error for me .. I'll figure it out one day. Hopefully. Great reading all your stuff though!
You can always try the foundation finder on MAC's website, or like I do instead, read the description of every single foundation on their website. That's how I am my own salesman, exhaust every possibility. You should know where you belong. (and also the foundation finder aligned with what I had chosen after reading everything anyways, so it worked pretty well for me).

Personally, foundations on my skin look bad unless I use my fingers. I don't like using fingers though, wish I could use brushes. But fingers push everything into the skin unlike a brush really can and look the most natural for me. So maybe try fingers yoursself too?

What about trying a powder puff to set your makeup? BeautyNewbie on youtube said that she now skips primer entirely because using a puff with powder makes it lasts just as long or longer.

legendoflauren

Whenever I want to change or find a new foundation with a different company I always book for a makeover. I did this a few years ago when I switched from Clinique to MAC. I have oily skin like yourself and explained I wanted decent coverage, good oil control and a matte finish. After a few face swatches I decided on Studio Fix Fluid, which I really like - except like I said before - it can be too dark in winter. And I always set with a powder because it really helps with the oil control. I've used Mineralize Skinfinish in Light for ages, but I know this product causes some people to break out. You could also use Set Powder, but try it first because translucent powders can look ashy on some skintones. Much like Endit said, just go through all of the product descriptions online and you'll get an idea of what you're looking for.

And thanks Monsy and and LaAle - C1 it is :)

lenchen

This new foundation looks interesting. I might go in and take a look. However, I feel like I will fall between 6 and 7, the same way that I fall between NC45 and 50.

same here..I personally like the three MUFE foundations I use, and I'm waiting for chanel perfction lumiere I hope it's just as great as mat lumiere.. I'm interested in the 193 brush..

makeupgrrl

I ordered Matchmaster in shade 4 online and got it a few days ago. I have been wearing it for 2 days and love it so far. It definitely seems to dry with a powder type finish similar to Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I wear a primer underneath and it seems to stay put for a long time.

Shellcat

I ordered Matchmaster in shade 4 online and got it a few days ago. I have been wearing it for 2 days and love it so far. It definitely seems to dry with a powder type finish similar to Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I wear a primer underneath and it seems to stay put for a long time.

Are you an NC30 or NC35 by chance? Just wondering how it matches up to your skintone?

Latest posts