MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

liba

I'm a NC15 and the lightest shade 1.0 is about 2 shades too dark for me.
I'm a perfect NC15 in the cream mineralize foundation. Today I had the MA try this on me. He went for 2.0 and I'd say it's too red for me. I did have him use the prep & prime color corrector underneath, though......

I went home with samples of 1.5 and 2.0 and the corrector and will just play around with it. I did like the texture and finish of it and it's lasted all day for me without changing or disappearing and without needing powder to set.

makeupgrrl

I got shade 4.0, and I think it runs very neutral. Much less yellow than my NC35 foundations. I guess it depends on the shade.

califabulous

I have very oily skin and I noticed that this foundation can be drying if not your face isn't moisturized properly. The MA fix+'d me, put on some moisture lush something or other moisturizer and then the foundation. I always want a matte look b/c I am so oily and it definitely was matte. Four hours later I still didn't need a touch up. I would say the coverage was medium using the 193 (the new brush?). I prefer something slightly more natural so I will try it with a different brush. the color match itself is wow. I am in between every color in other formulas so 7.5 really seemed to adjust to the multi-tones on my face :)

Copperhead

I have very oily skin and I noticed that this foundation can be drying if not your face isn't moisturized properly. The MA fix+'d me, put on some moisture lush something or other moisturizer and then the foundation. I always want a matte look b/c I am so oily and it definitely was matte. Four hours later I still didn't need a touch up. I would say the coverage was medium using the 193 (the new brush?). I prefer something slightly more natural so I will try it with a different brush. the color match itself is wow. I am in between every color in other formulas so 7.5 really seemed to adjust to the multi-tones on my face :)
I can't wait to try my sample now! It sounds great. I was handling that 193 brush last night and it's a bit smaller than I thought.

makeupgrrl

I can't wait to try my sample now! It sounds great. I was handling that 193 brush last night and it's a bit smaller than I thought. 

The 193 is smaller than i thought too. It is great though for under eye and around the nose, but it does take a bit longer to apply the foundation than the 190 brush.

smartestblonde

Has anyone tested out this foundation in photos yet? It sounds lovely, but I hate the idea of the SPF causing the dreaded "white out" on the face in pics.

bis

I got shade 4.0, and I think it runs very neutral.  Much less yellow than my NC35 foundations.  I guess it depends on the shade.  

Definitely, plus the 2.0 was way too dark on me. But compared to other foundations is was more red than orange-brown. No idea if that makes sense :lol:
Great to hear it is working. Not sure if this was already posted. I wonder when it works for different skin tones and when not: http://www.youtube.com/user/MACcosmetics#p/u/5/uuJjESYISKU

sss215

I got a sample today and I am going to try it out this weekend. If I get it, I am going to get my makeup done and buy a few more products to get to the $50-$55 dollar fee they charge. Do you all get your makeup done in the store when you buy multiple collection items at one time. I am going to be doing that more often. I spend too much in products... now I want some services! LOL!

Ernie

I'm a perfect NC15 in the cream mineralize foundation. Today I had the MA try this on me. He went for 2.0 and I'd say it's too red for me. I did have him use the prep & prime color corrector underneath, though......
I went home with samples of 1.5 and 2.0 and the corrector and will just play around with it. I did like the texture and finish of it and it's lasted all day for me without changing or disappearing and without needing powder to set.
I use Studio Sculpt, they also tried to sell me 2.0 at first, but it was way too dark. I think Mac needs to make a lighter shade in this!

Babylard

I got a sample of this, but it looks so bad on my skin even with a silicon-based primer. I get that cracked skin look even though my skin is oily :/ Its not just matchmaster though... I wonder if theres something wrong with my skin X_x

Monsy

maybe you need to exfoliate more?

I got a sample of this, but it looks so bad on my skin even with a silicon-based primer. I get that cracked skin look even though my skin is oily :/ Its not just matchmaster though... I wonder if theres something wrong with my skin X_x

sss215

Any NW50's tried this?!? I always like to hear peoples experiences here!
I have a sample I have yet to try (MAC store had it out already, counter didn't) I didn't go anywhere today, but I am going to try it out tomorrow. If you can get a sample, try it out. I do like the color range in place for those with darker skin tones. The color I have blends in perfectly, verdict is still out on how long it wears.

Swirlgirl

This happens to me too with certain foundations. I always assumed it had something to with the oil breaking down the foundation and the foundation settling into my skin funny. Even though the skin looks cracked, it's not dry (at least in my case), so I think it has something to do with the reaction of the oily skin with certain ingredients.

I consider myself an NW 20 in most MAC face products. I may be a bit lighter, closer to an NW 18 (I don't like SFF, so I don't know for sure if that's what I would be), but I definitely have pink undertones in my skin. I got a sample of Matchmaster in 2 and it WAY too yellow and ever so slightly too dark (but that could be the too much yellow). Not enough pink/red to be a match for me. I like the texture right after it's applied - it really does look natural. I usually prefer slightly more coverage, but will take better texture over heavier coverage any day. It could be longer lasting for my tastes, but having somewhat oily skin, I expect to blot mid-day and every couple of hours after that.
I think I'll try a sample in 1.5 just to see if the color match is better, but I don't expect this to be replacing my current favorites (MSFN, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or MAC Pro Longwear)

User38

oh oh.. I have been hearing mixed reports for Matchmaker. off Colours, texture, oxidation.. all lead to a product staying on the shelf and lots of returns.

purplerinne

lol that's the first thing I did. waited around 3-4 hours after putting it on to see if I got the white face....and I didn't!
Has anyone tested out this foundation in photos yet? It sounds lovely, but I hate the idea of the SPF causing the dreaded "white out" on the face in pics.

Swirlgirl

oh oh.. I have been hearing mixed reports for Matchmaker. off Colours, texture, oxidation.. all lead to a product staying on the shelf and lots of returns.

I think I noticed some oxidation with this too (but maybe because the sample I tried was the not-quite right color too? Hard to say for certain).
001_unsure.gif

Also, I didn't find it very buildable. It lost any sort of nice texture it had, when I tried to build coverage. I think for people without much oiliness or dryness, or in need of coverage, this could be an option. It's certainly not the worst foundation out there, but considering the technology that some other companies are using, MAC seems a bit behind. Also they're a little bit late with the whole "self-adjusting" foundation thing anyway. IMO.

Kawaiiamaiai

I tried out this today in store. It's just not going to work for me. While 1.0 has the right undertones in it (slightly pink) it's a touch too light. 1.5 made me look dirty because of the yellow in it and was about 3 shades too dark. How in the world... So it was either look a bit sickly or look dirty. I think I'll pass.

Latest posts