MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

LMD84

There is NO NW OR NC in these foundations they will change to the color of your skin im I can wear 1.5 or 2.0 I have the break down of what nw and nc shades can wear. I wore this foundation for a few hours it feel like face and body on skin if a buildable coverage that i like.

btw if you all would like my fan page as a THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFORMATION I GIVE OUT it only takes two seconds www.facebook.com/EloyGuerraMua please and thank you
argh i'm so confused! so for somebody with a paler face like myself, what number should i be looking for?

Mac-Guy

As you are quite pale, I would go with #1 and hopefully the "intelligent molecules" will know what to do with your complexion. But let's see what the match chart will tell us.

Do we have a confirmed release date?

LMD84

As you are quite pale, I would go with #1 and hopefully the "intelligent molecules" will know what to do with your complexion. But let's see what the match chart will tell us.
Do we have a confirmed release date?
yes, lets hope they don't turn me a funny colour! lol!

Mac-Guy

Didn't Estee Lauder have something similar a few years ago? I used to get my brows done at the EL brow bar at Selfridges and it was free when you purchased a product of/over 15 quid, so I ended up buying quite a few products.

I also recall some drugstore brands (was it Covergirl?) that claimed to adapt to one's complexion. I think the clue is that the product is rather sheer, where it is easier to match different skintones. E.g. I think most people can wear at least two different shades of F&B without noticing a big difference (unless you are on one or the other end of the shade spectrum). Where these products failed in the past is to accommodate complexions that have strong undertones. While it is seemingly consumer-friendly to offer less shades (especially for those who are inexperienced in what they are looking for), it's hard for a foundation to match both NC and NW complexions.

I am, however, still full of anticipation but most likely, I will stick with F&B and only buy the 193. I'm curious to find out how it looks like. Maybe it's similar to the 191 but with an angle. :)

Piarpreet

hopefully not the 190 angled :S hate that one too dense and hard to clean and it takes away all your product! Id love 191 to be larger tho

Didn't Estee Lauder have something similar a few years ago? I used to get my brows done at the EL brow bar at Selfridges and it was free when you purchased a product of/over 15 quid, so I ended up buying quite a few products.

I also recall some drugstore brands (was it Covergirl?) that claimed to adapt to one's complexion. I think the clue is that the product is rather sheer, where it is easier to match different skintones. E.g. I think most people can wear at least two different shades of F&B without noticing a big difference (unless you are on one or the other end of the shade spectrum). Where these products failed in the past is to accommodate complexions that have strong undertones. While it is seemingly consumer-friendly to offer less shades (especially for those who are inexperienced in what they are looking for), it's hard for a foundation to match both NC and NW complexions.

I am, however, still full of anticipation but most likely, I will stick with F&B and only buy the 193. I'm curious to find out how it looks like. Maybe it's similar to the 191 but with an angle. :)

Mac-Guy

Yeah, the 190 eats quite a bit of product, but the 191 is a bit flimsy. Maybe a mix of both would be good? Or a larger version of the 192, which is a dream for cream blushes, IMO.

It's funny that they promote both the 190 and 193 for Matchmaster, lol.

liba

i will have to say, i get my best application of my preferred foundation (cream Mineralize SPF 15) with the 190, even though that's sort of against the grain.

GlamQueen21

Thanks Eloy for Matchmaster Shade Referance chart! I will need to see you to get a foundation match with that foundation.

singer82

I'm pretty darn excited! I like MAC foundation but even NC15 is still not an exact match, its still off. I hope this matches better YAY thanks for the chart PB! :)

peachsuns

the 193 looks just like the 190 but with an angle and yes it would 1.0 for those super light people

hope this helps

Thanks for the chart! I cannot wait to see them at my counter!
heart.gif

foxxylatina07

I wonder why this foundation cost more than the others? Hmm hopefully this brings more product and a built in pump packaging (like Prolong wear.) Can't wait to see the promo pics. Hopefully I will get excited for it. Let's see.

LMD84

I wonder why this foundation cost more than the others? Hmm hopefully this brings more product and a built in pump packaging (like Prolong wear.) Can't wait to see the promo pics. Hopefully I will get excited for it. Let's see.
it's because it's more intelligent than the other foundations! hee hee!

Latest posts