MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

PinkBasset

I'm a total foundation junkie. I mean it's so bad, that I'm too embarrassed to reveal how many foundations I have, even here among other lovely fellow maniacs. ;) But yeah, I'll probably just get this one too, I'm too curious. Oh, and I vote for NC10 too, it is so needed!

Piarpreet

dont worry u aint alone. i have 5 :O
I'm a total foundation junkie. I mean it's so bad, that I'm too embarrassed to reveal how many foundations I have, even here among other lovely fellow maniacs. ;) But yeah, I'll probably just get this one too, I'm too curious. Oh, and I vote for NC10 too, it is so needed!

sss215

Ingredients list for Matchmaster:

Source: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=47873

i'm noticing alot of 'cones in there. maybe this will be good for us oily girls who need primers. maybe we can skip a step, for a limited time...

ansimi

5 foundations seems to me like a minimal amount for a makeup junkie. I have waaay more than that:) If I could find exactly the ones I want then I would probably still need 5 for my different foundation needs.

Mac-Guy

I only have two - a winter and a summer version, though I usually have a few samples to test out new stuff. Especially my MAC store is quite generous with foundation samples, which last me forever. I'm pretty happy with what I use, so I am mostly excited about a new foundation brush - not that I need one, really ;-)

Shadowy Lady

oh, I'm curious about the new foundation too. I don;t usually have the best luck with MAC foundations though. The only ones that I like are F&B and Pro Longwear.

Oh and add me to foundation junkies. I will not reveal how many I have on my dresser, but the number is a lot larger than 5 :D and that's just my summer shades!

Mac-Guy

Thanks! That's a very unusual ingredient list. It looks like they've taken great efforts to avoid some controversial ingredients they regularly use. I'll get a sample and test it off my face first because there are some ingredients I think I'm sensitive to.
I have an angled foundation brush and it's good for foundation (especially around the nose) but also for cream/liquid cheek products. I hope it's smaller than the 190.
I'm a bit worried about the increasing number of foundations that have SPF. Don't get me wrong, I am all pro-SPF, but I don't want to double/triple up on SPF. My moisturizer has SPF 20, the new primers will have SPF 35. Why do I need a foundation with SPF 15? I'd rather have the option of choosing between one with SPF and an SPF-free one. It's very important to protect our skin with SPF, however, I don't think that overloading products with SPF is the solution either. The Matchmaster has similar SPF ingredients as the Studiomoisture Tint (Octinoxate), and it slightly stings when I apply it to my face. While I do not worry too much about it, it's certainly discerning.

Piarpreet

SPF's blocking abilities dont overlap or accumulate. you only get the protection of the highest of the products applied. So dont worry about that.

Mac-Guy

SPF's blocking abilities dont overlap or accumulate. you only get the protection of the highest of the products applied. So dont worry about that.

You misunderstood my post. I am worried about the SPF chemicals that are added to each product. I do not need SPF in every product as it just irritates my skin. SPF in my moisturizer or my primer is enough.

ansimi

I'm a bit worried about the increasing number of foundations that have SPF. Don't get me wrong, I am all pro-SPF, but I don't want to double/triple up on SPF. My moisturizer has SPF 20, the new primers will have SPF 35. Why do I need a foundation with SPF 15? I'd rather have the option of choosing between one with SPF and an SPF-free one. It's very important to protect our skin with SPF, however, I don't think that overloading products with SPF is the solution either. The Matchmaster has similar SPF ingredients as the Studiomoisture Tint (Octinoxate), and it slightly stings when I apply it to my face. While I do not worry too much about it, it's certainly discerning.
I'm with you. I'm extremely sun-sensitive but I try to wear the least amount of sunscreen I can safely get away with. I find ALL chemical sunscreens irritating and I also find Titanium Dioxide irritating if it's more than about 2-3%. I'm talking about stinging and redness; I can't tell what other damage it may be doing. Many sunscreens are easily destabilized by common ingredients in makeup. Then lots of products add extra chemicals to try to stabilize the sunscreen and it just get's so complicated to figure out what's on my skin and whether I'm actually protected from the sun. I think makeup won't be allowed to claim "SPF" for much longer though. Nobody uses enough of it to get the level of protection it claims. The term "SPF" probably won't be around for much longer either for that matter. One of the reasons I have so many foundations is to have things that I can safely combine with whatever sun protection I have or don't have underneath.

erine1881

I'm hoping for sheer/light coverage only. With all these extra primers/powders coming out, it will just be too much product and it ends up cakey, IMO. But most importantly, NW and NC shades please.

these don't come in NC or NW. its a different colouring system.

Mac-Guy

oh sure i can phone on in for a sample and they post them out to me. but it takes a week or so for it to arrive usually.
Are you actually looking to replace your Chanel foundation? Maybe Matchmaster and you are a good match (pun intended) :)

paparazziboy

There is NO NW OR NC in these foundations they will change to the color of your skin im I can wear 1.5 or 2.0 I have the break down of what nw and nc shades can wear. I wore this foundation for a few hours it feel like face and body on skin if a buildable coverage that i like.

btw if you all would like my fan page as a THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFORMATION I GIVE OUT it only takes two seconds www.facebook.com/EloyGuerraMua please and thank you

Latest posts