MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

Nicala

http://www.savvysugar.com/Federally-Subsidized-Loans-Graduate-Students-Taken-Away-18576179

Ah I'm lucky I just started college this year, so I'm an undergrad. I received my pell grant in the mail today
cheerleader.gif
But, that article is only talking about fed. subsidary loans, not grants.

aradhana

i felt the same way last year when i left the uk to come back to canada....it's always harder to be in a different country in tough economic times...

shadowaddict

I'm hoping for some real have-to-have new products. I need to be more picky as my collection is overflowing every new storage unit I buy.

Of course that doesn't stop me from getting some new fun or unique items. Can't wait to see what's in store for us.

LMD84

I'm hoping for some real have-to-have new products. I need to be more picky as my collection is overflowing every new storage unit I buy.

Of course that doesn't stop me from getting some new fun or unique items. Can't wait to see what's in store for us.

yeah i am being more picky now too because my stash is kinda big! :p

Clinique Chubby Sticks - todays specktra blog post

martiangurll

Now I just checked out 3 ring yellow and candy blue, I am starting to feel the bright colors more. And that Hi Def Cyan pencil looks killer too. This is going to be an odd Fall season, I can't believe how many Designer Collections are going with the brights--Emerald I get, but Coral? Its crazee.

C2keri

I think I might move to the UK. Not kidding. I'm tired of thinking about requirements and embassies and green cards or documents of any other color. I'm tired of feeling like a social parasite. Payed my taxes, got educated, made investments in this country. And still, no matter what I do, l will never he welcome in America.

OT. Don't believe it! You're welcome here! No Spanish Embassy or Consulate jobs? No Spanish companies here who need expat Spanish girls with good cheekbones? Have you tried Miami? You'll have a funny accent for the Cubanos, but that's fine - their money is green. Have you tried Korean or Japanese companies? They're both making inroads into South America. If you're looking in Indiana, you're SOL just because you're not from there. Funny thing is that there's a lot of America and the fact that you're a native Spanish speaker means something. You're also from the EU. Different isn't always bad, in other words. Sorry about the extensive OT. I'd like to see some darker colors from this collection. They could resurrect Stylishly Yours or Style Black and I'd be happy. No corals, though! I'm done with them for the next 15 minutes...unless it's a blush....or maybe a gloss.

LMD84

I am excited to see how this collection plays out. Daphne Guiness is seriously stylish. I do think her MAC collaboration is kind of funny though considering she was the muse for a recent NARS collection (fall/winter 2010). They even had a Daphne eyeshadow. Girl is makin' the rounds!
maybe she is feeling the pinch in her wallet?! lol! gotta earn more money! :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Have you considered Canada? Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa would all have jobs for someone who can speak English and Spanish. And there is a push on to try to get "qualified" (meaning educated) immigrants to come here... Just sayin'
bouquet.gif

Piarpreet

I did! I'm applying for psych grad school programs in Toronto and Vancouver. I'm trying to figure out if my OPT card from US would work for me to get an internship in canada.... but the student office for international peeps was closed when i had the time to actually call.... I dont think you would know... but im trying to get an internship psychology related from jan-august.

Oh, and Thanx Keri... :) We need to talk over PM or something.

Have you considered Canada? Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa would all have jobs for someone who can speak English and Spanish. And there is a push on to try to get "qualified" (meaning educated) immigrants to come here... Just sayin'
bouquet.gif

Leven

Daphne Guinness come from the same Guinness family that produces Guinness beer...

I swear, If the promo image for the collection is ANYTHING other than Daphne in an crazy ass outfit chugging on a bottle of Guinness Beer I am going to be very sad xD

Prettypackages

IKR!!!
I think Mac should keep these collections available for the full season or quarter. It is obvious that so many of the items work well together, and as we use items and discover different looks and ways to use them, we want to go back and dupe them, but can't b/c they are gone. It is hard to dupe at the beginning of a collex when you think you want it all, and have to be choosey. If I had time to keep going back, they'd get loads more money from me. LOL But if I have to rush to buy something, I might regret, change my mind, return, not use it, or whatever.
How many collections can MAC come up with in a year? It seems like we have had collection overload over the last few months. Especially this month! My wallet will still be recovering from September MAC purchases in Dec!

LMD84

i am looking forward to seieng what 'rich' colours will be coming out with this collection. and will it be a big one or smaller one?!

Mac-Guy

i am looking forward to seieng what 'rich' colours will be coming out with this collection. and will it be a big one or smaller one?!

Daphne Guinness gives "rich colors" a whole new meaning, hehehe
flower.gif
I expect the size of the collection to be similar to Stylishly Yours, not too big but not too small either.

LMD84

Daphne Guinness gives "rich colors" a whole new meaning, hehehe
flower.gif
I expect the size of the collection to be similar to Stylishly Yours, not too big but not too small either.
ha ha! it does :) and i like the medium sized collections - generally there is something for everyone and i can usually afford to buy all that i want :)

As precious as a Smoked Ruby - todays specktra blog post

Latest posts