MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
We still have the big Holiday collection (50+ pieces), the (expensive) Couture collection, and usually MAC releases three collections just after Christmas. I wonder if Glamglass will be part of the three after Christmas or if we are lucky and get four. I vote for four. LE around Christmas are just divine.

I'm usually a Fall collection girl, but since I've been a little nonplussed this year, I'm hoping for a few gems in the holiday and post-holiday launches.

Mac-Guy

But of course, they don't want to raise taxes on the top 1% of Americans (the rich folks) so why not screw over the poorer folks...this is just getting ridiculous, seriously, I really don't understand why they won't raise taxes on them, our economy balance is totally off and this is a BIG reason why, the rich get richer the middle class and poor get poorer, soon the middle class will be non existent!
I digress...
Depending on what comes out around this time I don't know what I will be getting, I have been slowing down with MAC, I am mostly looking at past collections and things I missed out on before I got into it.
OT

Yes, it really sucks for those who want to go to grad school as it will become so much more expensive, for both the private and public school level. The best bet is to have an outstanding GPA paired with a top GRE/GMAT to get full funding for grad school (while full funding probably barely covers the minimum, at least one won't end up with big loans).

With regard to buying items from older collections. I would treat it as if you go to an outlet store: Don't go there and think I need "X," because most likely you won't find it. Just keep an open mind what is offered on the sales thread and then buy it if the price is right.

ladyarwen

http://www.savvysugar.com/Federally-Subsidized-Loans-Graduate-Students-Taken-Away-18576179

Well I can breathe a tad easier...that's only for graduate students, and I refuse to take out loans anyway. Still an undergrad here. lol

Piarpreet

im leaving the US till august 2012 (at least) on december the 20th. :( unles somebody here needs a spanish tranlator, instructor, teaching, or something from jan-aug...which i doubt.

The thing about the US is that even if im the best qualified person for a job, they wont take me cos I am not american

Are you not around for Christmas? Just order it and then pick it up when you get back from Spain. Or are you moving permanently?

xasperadastra

really? O_________________O well... you can't find a job here also if you are italian ahahah ;P (ain't funny, I know!)

Mac-Guy

Do you you get all collections in Spain? You don't want to miss out on the big summer collection and the mineralize collection.

Piarpreet

well, i wont have the money for the european prices. but..... i might get a thing or two as a CP through a friend.

Do you you get all collections in Spain? You don't want to miss out on the big summer collection and the mineralize collection.

Piarpreet

I think I might move to the UK. Not kidding. I'm tired of thinking about requirements and embassies and green cards or documents of any other color. I'm tired of feeling like a social parasite. Payed my taxes, got educated, made investments in this country. And still, no matter what I do, l will never he welcome in America.

Mac-Guy

Move to London! Especially if you are fluent in a foreign language, you can easily find a job in market research company - at least until you find something in your "real" profession.

Latest posts