MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

OctoberViolet

Snow! I miss the snow!!!
crybaby.gif
Wish we had a "normal" winter, but what can one do at this point? I have a feeling we may get an early winter around October now.

Last year around this time, we were covered in snow. I'm so glad we had a mild winter.

rockin

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2012/03/allure-exclusive-mac-to-bring.html

OctoberViolet

O.M.G. THANK YOU ROCKIN!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
I can't wait to vote next Monday. I need to google some of these items because I wasn't addicted or into MAC when they came out. As of now, I am definitely going for Moxie l/s.
flower.gif

I guess I will be team Moxie & either team Moth Brown (I think I may have it already, gotta check) or Jete (I googled it and it's purrty)

I'm a little disappointed that we aren't getting to vote for Jungle Juice or Blueberry Fizz l/s. Oh well.
ohboy.gif

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2012/03/allure-exclusive-mac-to-bring.html

Anitacska

Can't say I'm bothered by this at all.

List of shades in the running for the golden tickets:

LIPSTICK
3N (January 2008) *eBay bids for this nude hit $100 (more than six times the original price!).
Moxie (September 1999) *Dita Von Teese joked that she wanted to start a petition to bring this matte fuchsia back.
Candy Yum Yum (April 2011) *Kelly Osbourne begged M.A.C. for more of this hot pink when it sold out.
Shitaki (March 2001)
Rocker (Red) (Fall 1999)
Eden Rocks (May 2001)

LIPGLASS
Emancipation (February 2011)
2N (January 2008)
Flash of Flesh (May 2005)
Icescape (December 2009)
Bait (June 2006)
Cult of Cherry (September 2008)

EYE SHADOW
Moth Brown (March 2005) *This color is so popular, it spawned online forums!
Guacamole (May 2005)
Solar White (June 2008)
Cool Heat (June 2008)
Jeté (January 2006)
Heavenly Bliss (May 2001)

bis

Can't say I'm bothered by this at all. List of shades in the running for the golden tickets: LIPSTICK 3N (January 2008) *eBay bids for this nude hit $100 (more than six times the original price!). Moxie (September 1999) *Dita Von Teese joked that she wanted to start a petition to bring this matte fuchsia back. Candy Yum Yum (April 2011) *Kelly Osbourne begged M.A.C. for more of this hot pink when it sold out. Shitaki (March 2001) Rocker (Red) (Fall 1999) Eden Rocks (May 2001) LIPGLASS Emancipation (February 2011) 2N (January 2008) Flash of Flesh (May 2005) Icescape (December 2009) Bait (June 2006) Cult of Cherry (September 2008) EYE SHADOW Moth Brown (March 2005) *This color is so popular, it spawned online forums! Guacamole (May 2005) Solar White (June 2008) Cool Heat (June 2008) Jeté (January 2006) Heavenly Bliss (May 2001)
Thanks rockin for the link. Except for the lipsticks I am not sure what to think. They bring back half of Cool Heat. Moxie sure is a nice surprise though, hope it makes the top 3.

jenntoz

The only color I am not familiar with is Heavenly Bliss. Anyone know where I can see a swatch please?

Edelmc

I am looking forward to the lipsticks but I think it's a pity they limited it to lipstick, lipgloss and eyeshadow. I would of loved to see sought after msf, paint pots, fluid lines and quads on the list. It was also an opportunity for mac to see if some of the previously released products like cheek hues and cheek jellys were popular enough in the vote to make a comeback. I understand they are trying to keep the voting process and production simple but not many of the shadows or glosses seem like shades people have been dying to see return...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So far I'm only interested in Moth Brown, 3N, Solar White and Heavenly Bliss, and I might grab a BU of CYY.

I was hoping they would bring back some blushes.
sigh.gif

Anitacska

I agree. Blushes, MSFs, paint pots, etc. would've been really good. I have a feeling that it's just going to be another extremely limited editon collection (US only?) and create even more of a hype. I'm just not interested in that.

I am looking forward to the lipsticks but I think it's a pity they limited it to lipstick, lipgloss and eyeshadow. I would of loved to see sought after msf, paint pots, fluid lines and quads on the list. It was also an opportunity for mac to see if some of the previously released products like cheek hues and cheek jellys were popular enough in the vote to make a comeback. I understand they are trying to keep the voting process and production simple but not many of the shadows or glosses seem like shades people have been dying to see return...

Icecaramellatte

I'm not interested in any of these. I would love to try 4N but that's not in the running. The last time they brought out Moth Brown, I passed. It didn't really live up to the hype for me. That being said, my taste have changed a bit since then so it's a maybe. I love Solar White and Jete but I haven't hit pan on either yet so . . . to back up or not to back up? I really do love both shadows though. They would be great for the permanent range.

rockin

I finally managed to get a genuine Solar White on ebay last week, and now it's in the running for being repromoted - typical lol. Well at least I got it for a good price.

Latest posts